Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:44 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:44 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Maltus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:57 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
sonicology wrote:
h2005 wrote:
I wasn't expecting him to deal, but he was courageous for going against everyone else's opinion!

He takes the easy way out and we're supposed to applaud him for his "courage"?

Yes - in this situation, going against everyone else's opinion and unexpectedly dealing takes a lot of courage... the easy way out would be to let others' opinions influence your decision and no deal, in the case of Jack! He made his own mind up, and wasn't influenced by others.

I see what you're saying h, and normally I'd agree with you as sometimes it takes a lot of courage to do the controversial Deal. But today I'd say it was 'knowing his own mind' and of course I don't begrudge him that.

But I have to say I'm not sure what the point of swapping is if he isn't going to open his original box til right at the very end.

I'll be honest, I'm pleased for Jack, but a bit of a nothing game today. It never quite got going, in my opinion.

Last edited by Maltus on Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:57 pm    Author: Kay    Post subject:

This game didn't have a good feeling to it, but I hope you enjoy the £10,015 Jack!

Maltus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:59 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

And I have to say - Noel's 'final thought' for the Purists (I presume that's us) about the last time there was a swap bringing £250k to the table (but revealing it out of play), and this time bringing 1p to the table (and revealing it out of play) is about as un-spooky as it gets. Not even a remotely freaky coincidence! Nice try Noel.

Ben Miller 176

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:03 pm    Author: Ben Miller 176    Post subject:

Well done Jack!

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:08 pm    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

Personally I don't think the banker would have offered him much more than he took anyway. I think he would have stuck on the fourth offer, and maybe offered £15,000 on the fifth offer - but there's NO WAY he would have offered the average on the board to someone unless he felt really threatened by them (and that wasn't Jack!).

Rockjack

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:09 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

what a very unexpected deal. maybe he was worried the 75k would go and not get an offer like it

should of had a bit more guts really but enjoy the money

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

And the first ever bad midgame swap comes in a game with an early Deal. Shame it was too early, but he won over a million times what blind obedience to Noel would have produced.

Put it this way - on a 1p/£22k finish (yes, I know, there's no £22k box... though that would be a fun twist for April Fool's Day or something, replace £20k with £22k), £10,015 would be an instant Deal for most people. Therefore, while in raw terms his Deal meant he lost out on more than he won, in terms of the value of the money he won... different story.

I'd have done the same myself. I was really worried the first game filmed in 2007 would have seen someone reckless (it was filmed less than 18 hours after Laura's game was broadcast - I'm guessing now that the 22 on the wings didn't see it in the hotel that night...) but no.

Could this be an anti-Noel rebellion on the wings? I sure hope so!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:26 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Hahah, I actually shouted "GOOD FOR YOU!!" at my TV when he Dealt...I agree with H that it took a lot of courage to go against what everyone else in the room was saying (as Noel so helpfully reminded us about 2492472947924798427429872498579 times...). The "easy way out" would have been just blindly listening to everyone else. Shame it didn't totally work out, but £10,015 is still a lot of money, especially for a 1p/£50 box...whichever way you look at it he did a pretty good Deal!

Maltus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:34 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
Hahah, I actually shouted "GOOD FOR YOU!!" at my TV when he Dealt...I agree with H that it took a lot of courage to go against what everyone else in the room was saying (as Noel so helpfully reminded us about 2492472947924798427429872498579 times...). The "easy way out" would have been just blindly listening to everyone else. Shame it didn't totally work out, but £10,015 is still a lot of money, especially for a 1p/£50 box...whichever way you look at it he did a pretty good Deal!

Absolutely.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:45 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Welldone Jack! Enjoy £10,015! :D

On another note, I like Noel, but he really needs to stop all this Wakeyism behaviour. It used to be "Ok, you surprised me, but you went at the right time for you, now we want to validate that decision." Now it's just "You went too soon, you went against everyone's opinion, you should have gone on you stupid fool, now we are going to prove that you went too soon and I'm going to rub it in your face 532652 times blah blah blah!" Shut up Noel.

Box 22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:17 pm    Author: Box 22    Post subject:

Yesterday, Box 22 had 250k, today, just 1p :shock: :P

Wow! :-D

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:27 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Wow! :shock:

I wasn't expecting him to deal, but he was courageous for going against everyone else's opinion!

Third offer deals are like buses - we've had none since December, then we get 2 in 3 days!

I was hoping Jack would have gone on at least until 8 box, but he reminded me of Trevor (1p) for some reason, and then he has 1p in his box as well, but with a much better sum of money to go home with! In fairness to Jack, the limited amount of reds at 11 box did create the potential for complete disaster, so if his ambition was to go home with 10K or more then objective achieved. Given the courage and peanuts games we've had this year, I think it's refreshing to see early deals as well.

little_monster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:31 pm    Author: little_monster    Post subject:

What a gay game. A crappy deal, a crappy swap (which ruined the awesomeness of the first offer swaps successfulness) and another 1p box.)

But I liked Jack, well done on £10,015.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:33 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

little_monster wrote:
What a gay game. A crappy deal, a crappy swap (which ruined the awesomeness of the first offer swaps successfulness) and another 1p box.)

But I liked Jack, well done on £10,015.

He had his wife in the audience, didn't he...? :roll:

Jimmy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:37 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject:
Global Moderator

I wish Noel would keep his views out of it at times... It gave the studio an atmosphere when he KEPT repeating the fact that "everyone" disagreed with the decision!!! That must include Noel, the man that's supposed to be neutral! I especially thought the comment.. "Are you feeling lonely right now?" wasn't needed considering the circumstances.... Grrr... :x :lol:

He went away with a decent sum, worth going on the show! He dealt when he felt it right and that's all that matters. I wouldn't mind 10 grand odd :P :-D

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:16 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject:

Well done Jack :-D

Billy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Very cautious deal indeed, but I could see where he was coming from...only three amounts higher on that board and he could have taken them all out in round 4. And considering he swapped £50 for 1p, he could have taken any offer and he'd have still beaten his box!

Well done on your £10,015, Jack! So now we've had someone swap for the 1p, someone swap away the 1p, someone swap for the £250k...still no one swapping away £250k, though hopefully it'll never happen!

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:43 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

That deal was cautious, but it's nice to see players considering, and indeed taking the early offers. Well done Jack!

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:01 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Wow...didnt expect that early a deal. Turned out to be a beating over the banker which is good!!

Suezan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:06 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

well done jack

[ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]