Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:29 pm Last visit was: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:29 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Maltus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:15 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
daniel4389 wrote:
Also - "If this isn't the big one then you've created your own worst nightmare"...if winning £40k is his worst nightmare then his dreams must be pretty *beep* amazing...

I'm not sure how he'd ever get over a nightmare like that... :-D

Billy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:15 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Wow! That game's one of my favourites of this month so far...*insane* Banker offers climaxing in that record £40,000 one (poor Nicola didn't hold that record for long), it's not surprising Paul took it. Didn't entirely work out, but you can't be annoyed about an extra £9,000 when you've won £40k! Well done Paul, fantastic game!

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:16 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
Also - "If this isn't the big one then you've created your own worst nightmare"...if winning £40k is his worst nightmare then his dreams must be pretty *beep* amazing...

You don't want to know what was going through my mind when I read that!

Finally, a third offer Deal! I might well have taken the second offer, and I definitely would have gone at £40k. Well done Paul!

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:22 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

what a fab game well done

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:22 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

daniel4389 wrote:
What an amazing game...the wait for the third-offer Deal was worth it! I don't give a *beep* that he could have had £9k more, and I doubt he does too...that was a fantastic win, just what the show needed after some of the recent games.

Also, Jayne is a legend. And Noel isn't.

precisely. Speech of the month.

apart from, i can perfect that:

Jayne is a legend. And noel is the complete opposite of a legend.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:23 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

So we end up with the long-awaited third offer Deal (takes forty bloody grand with the bottom four in play to do it though :S) and Noel goes and ruins it.

I was actually going through what I'd have said in the proveout reading this recap, and it was a bit different...

At the £40k Deal - 'I did wonder what it would take for someone to Deal at this stage after some of the recent games, and that turned out to be it... it's a great result, but now we have to find out whether even more was waiting.'
After the two low numbers - 'Oh my... was your luck ever going to run out?'
After the £100k - 'Yes... a big one would finally have gone, and would that have been enough to send the offer down?... unfortunately not, with the quarter-million and two more of the Power 5 in play he would still have felt the need to offer £49,000.'
After the £250k - 'Yes! Well, we now know you weren't going to be our second quarter-millionaire, and unless you have £50,000 or £75,000 then there was only one more round in the game...'
After the £20k - 'Now we'd have lost another safety net... and we would really have been nervous now... and we'd have crashed right down to £25,000.'
After the £50k - 'Now all we need to do is find the £75,000 and you've sold a blue for £40,000 - and wouldn't that be something!'
After the £75k - 'YES! Oh, what a fantastic Deal! And let's be honest, we can put that extra nine grand into context now... it would be hilarious if we found the £250 now but really we don't care... HAHA! It would have been THE ultimate disaster! We'd have thrown away £49,000... and left ourselves with THIS!'

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

bluewater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:26 pm    Author: bluewater    Post subject:

What a brill game - enjoy the money

Profile E-mail  

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:27 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject:

Well done Paul. :D

*beep* off Noel

Maltus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:35 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

matty dond wrote:
Well done Paul. :D

*beep* off Noel

Sorry - this post just made me laugh. Sums up my feelings on the matter quite succinctly, I might add... :-D

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:42 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

I think that the 100K taken out just before 8 box would have resulted in the banker sticking at 40K if Paul had no dealt the third round 40K offer.
49K was inflated.
On that basis, this was an emphatic overwhelming win for Paul!!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:58 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Yeah...does anyone else think Noel's crap actually influences the proveout offers? When he instantly says "Ooh, that wasn't enough, it would have gone up", it just gives the Banker an excuse to inflate the offer (and also avoid making Noel look like an idiot by proving him wrong)...

Profile E-mail  

tr4962

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:28 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
Yeah...does anyone else think Noel's crap actually influences the proveout offers? When he instantly says "Ooh, that wasn't enough, it would have gone up", it just gives the Banker an excuse to inflate the offer (and also avoid making Noel look like an idiot by proving him wrong)...

I agree with you on that.

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:42 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Those first 3 offers were way TOO HIGH! Especially the 1st one!!!

Well done though Paul..

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:56 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

The man was a legend of the game - I can't see anyone else getting my vote for Game Of The Month! I knew he'd be the most sensible player we've had in ages!

That was Aaron's game all over again, except even better - OK, he didn't QUITE get the maximum available to him in the game, (and even that £49k offer is debatable as it was practically the mean of the boxes left), but he knew exactly the right deal and didn't get seduced by the board! And it would have been a DISASTER had he gone on, although Noel's "Guilty till proven innocent" attitude on dealing is getting more extereme by the game!

Also good to see that a 3rd round deal will still get shown on TV - I thought the players were getting pressurised to go till at least the 4th offer on yesterday's evidence!

Many congrats on the £40k Paul, you will sadly be missed on the wings!! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:02 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject:

He was a ledgend.I thought his 49,000 offer was similar to Suzanne's 59,000 which was far to inflated.

The banker made a stupidly high opening offer and paid the price for it.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:36 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
The man was a legend of the game - I can't see anyone else getting my vote for Game Of The Month! I knew he'd be the most sensible player we've had in ages!

That was Aaron's game all over again, except even better - OK, he didn't QUITE get the maximum available to him in the game, (and even that £49k offer is debatable as it was practically the mean of the boxes left), but he knew exactly the right deal and didn't get seduced by the board! And it would have been a DISASTER had he gone on, although Noel's "Guilty till proven innocent" attitude on dealing is getting more extereme by the game!

Also good to see that a 3rd round deal will still get shown on TV - I thought the players were getting pressurised to go till at least the 4th offer on yesterday's evidence!

Many congrats on the £40k Paul, you will sadly be missed on the wings!! :D

I was amazed no-one had mentioned the similarities to Aaron's game before this. I wouldn't have expected Noel or the banker to spot the similarity (we all know DOND only has a 3 month memory span) but by round 2, I was thinking of Aaron's game.

It's a good job Noel never auditioned for Chris Tarrant's job. Could you imagine Millionaire being hosted by Noel:

"Well you've taken £64,000 and you thought the answer was B. Have you made a terrible mistake and blown £61,000....... YES"

Please if anyone ever gets on the show from the forum and Noel goes on about nightmare scenario, please say "Well Noel, I know £25,000 probably is pocket change for you, but it's a lot of money for me and I don't care if I have the £250K in my box".

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:42 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

well done Paul. hope you enjoy the money, brilliant game

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:08 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

And if dealing for £40k and having £250,000 in your box is the ultimate nightmare, then what must Natalie, Bob, Patricia, Debbie, Ingerlise, Donna, Alfie and Daniel be thinking? :)

And he continues the great record for Pauls on the show! Out of the 10 there's been (including Nev), only two have gone with less than £24,000 (and even one of those was an OPW)!

And anyone noticed the rubbish run of boxes we've had lately - it seems as though we're back to Series 1 with pocket change coming to the table nearly everyday! Since Gloria we've had £5, £10, £3,000, 1p, £50, £1, 1p, £1, £5 and £1! 9 low blues and one low red!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:11 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
And if dealing for £40k and having £250,000 in your box is the ultimate nightmare, then what must Natalie, Bob, Patricia, Debbie, Ingerlise, Donna, Alfie and Daniel be thinking? :)

More to the point, what about Nick, Trevor, Dave, Fadil, Sally, Connell etc. etc....still, at least they were true to themselves. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:19 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Well done Paul,
But I unfortunately missed your game.

[ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]