Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:02 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:02 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:59 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Forced all the way. Just wasn't his day in the end.

£750 isn't bad, though. Can buy plenty of dog food for Molly with that. :P Good game Simon.

2 boxes left

Average: £380
Offer: £230 (highest £11,000)
Offer (%): 59.46 (highest 95.74)

Fair deal: £233

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:59 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Relentless bad luck Simon :(

Why is it then you take the 1p out in the first box, your luck isn't great, But when you hit the £250,000 first box, you get a chuncky sum of money?

nevertheless £750 is still better than nothing,
hope you and molly will enjoy it!

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:02 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

I really wanted Simon to win a lot more but im glad it was the £750 at the end. Well done Simon!!!! :D :D

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:09 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
Why is it then you take the 1p out in the first box, your luck isn't great, But when you hit the £250,000 first box, you get a chuncky sum of money?

I'm sure Lance and Irene would dispute that theory...

Horrible game today....I thought Simon came across really well but it just wasn't his day. At least it wasn't yet another £10 win.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:14 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

Unlucky Simon, shame that you won only £750

Will

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:15 pm    Author: Will    Post subject:

I hate Deal or No Deal... What a rubbish game.

Simon was very gracious during the game though and at least he made the right decision at two-box stage...

simongivens

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:16 pm    Author: simongivens    Post subject:

Thank you all so much for your nice comments! It REALLY means alot - so THANK you!!! My heart was racing again watching it! Sorry bout the barking!!! :(

Billy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:17 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

*Ouch*. After a fantastic start I suppose it was bound to go a bit wrong, but I didn't think it'd collapse so badly. At one point it looked like the first ever all-blue squashdown was on our hands.

It's kinda ironic that after 19 red wins in a row we get two blue wins in three shows. But hey, although he won a blue it was the highest blue there, and it's still £750 more than what he came there with!

Shame it wasn't more, Simon, but I bet you had a fantastic time on the show, and it was great to meet you on Saturday, you rock!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:25 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Poor Simon. :(

Rob : )

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:30 pm    Author: Rob : )    Post subject:

Some really nice comments here...and nice to see you on here Billy.... have you seen the photo's from the weekend!!! ;)

I think he did as well as he possibly could have and he came across really well. That offer in the middle of £5000 was the one that got me because I thought he deserved a higher one, and the banker dangled the carrot of a possible higher offer. If he had done, Si would have probably taken it at that point... Oh well, he did great(altho I'm bia of course) and I don't think many people could have dealt with such a dissapointing outcome so well. Tough game innit! :roll:

BlairM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:59 pm    Author: BlairM    Post subject:

I though the banker was evil when he said about he could offer you 20k or 5k Simon. That was just a pure game. He never intended the 20k offer IMO.

I turned and said to my bro when Noel said about it being the best start a dog has made to a game after the first round 3 boxes "Noel's jinxed it here comes a biggy" and right enough the £100k! :(

Still well done, £750 can surely buy a nice wee treat!

little_monster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:18 pm    Author: little_monster    Post subject:

Simon was a genuinely nice guy, but I found Noel mentioning the dog every few seconds very irritating. Good game though.

This means we get an OPW tomorrow, as this month seems to be going in a pattern.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:30 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Bad luck Simon, that's just the way the game goes sometimes. Well done anyway!

Zeddie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:53 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Ugh, that was not fair AT ALL. Poor Simon, I really liked him :( I also liked that stripey top, prettyyyyy :o

AND HE HAD BOX 2. WHY DIDN'T IT COME THROUGH FOR HIM?! :(

Oh wells... £750 is better than 10p. :( It's so unfair how a lot of the really nice people win such low sums of money, but some of the really ugh people (*cough*sunday*cough*) win a lot :( Not fair at all... Ah well Simon you were an awesome contestant :)

I liked what Darren was wearing :o And George had a hole in her top...

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:23 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Unlucky Simon, don't think you did anything wrong at all, just the boxes weren't with you on the day. Glad that you had £750 and not a tenner though!

The banker was extremely lucky to get away with that forcing £5k offer though - that tactic bacckfired spectacularly with Jane, and could have again if Simon hadn't have had the nightmare round staright after - there only one worse combination out of 165 that he could have hit (£250 + £50k + £10k) - it was forcing offer and I don't think 99% of contestants would consider dealing for £5k with the quarter-mill backed up with another Power 5 still there. £20k would have been excessively high, but I think another stick at £11k would have been about right - would have been a tester, and a relatively cautious player would have walked.

I probably would have considered the £2,300 but in all truth that's hardly any better than £750 in my eyes, so I can see why he went for the £10k.

When was the last time we had a deal for less than erm...£9,999.99? I make it Rachel on Xmas day, and look how that turned out! 4-figure deals are such a rarity these days, as are technical wins! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

little_monster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:41 pm    Author: little_monster    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
When was the last time we had a deal for less than erm...£9,999.99? I make it Rachel on Xmas day, and look how that turned out! 4-figure deals are such a rarity these days, as are technical wins! :)

Lucy and Joey dealt for about £9,000...

Pammybun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:26 am    Author: Pammybun    Post subject:

SIMON!!!!!!! All that barking sent Meg in a right bloody tizzy - she started so I couldn't hear the damned programme :roll: Turst me DOND is not the same in mute!!

Anyway £750 is better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick and I hope that you have put it safe in an interest bearing account for Molly. I sincerely hope she has not gone mad at Pets at Home and spent it all in a mad frenzy of chocolate drops, bones and seqaky toys :D

You deserved to win so much more but if it is any consolation we all love you heaps!!!!

Love Pam

on the wing - 10 Jan 2007
in the crazy chair - 22 Jan 2007

simongivens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:05 am    Author: simongivens    Post subject:

Thank you for your kind words Pam...really missed seeing you on Saturday!! I had the DVD for you too!!! Hope everything is ok?? Hopefully see ya soon?

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:54 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I enjoyed that game - shame you didn't win more, though. :( And your system was so unique - you should've brought Molly along with you to the DOND studios, although I doubt Endemol would've allowed it, would they? :( :lol:

Anyway, it's a shame you didn't win more than £750, but enjoy it!

I wish you and Rob all the best for the future and hope you get to set up that B&B in Salcombe - I know that part of Devon - it's a lovely place!

ashley1234

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:39 am    Author: ashley1234    Post subject:

Great game, Simon, sorry you didn't win more. Hope you get that B&B with Rob.

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]