Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:18 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Very well done on your win, Daniel, enjoy the money! And good on you for telling Noel that you had no regrets!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Good point with the 1p Daniel - it has a psychological influence that I think is hard to really appreciate when you're sitting in a comfy chair thinking it's no different from the rest of the low blues...

I would have been more tempted by the £22,500 third offer than that one, but in all honesty I'd have been more likely than not to take each (and failing that, would have gone all the way and swapped the biggie for £20,000...!) so you did play rather well.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:17 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

KP wrote:
Good point with the 1p Daniel - it has a psychological influence that I think is hard to really appreciate when you're sitting in a comfy chair thinking it's no different from the rest of the low blues...

The banker is also obsessed with the 1p - often offering stupidly low offers, simply because he is obsessed with the thought that the player could win 1p - luckily for Daniel though, he got a decent offer!

claireyg76

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:30 am    Author: claireyg76    Post subject:

Really enjoyed Daniels game. Well done for winning a good amount of money. Cant believe the big money was on the table yet again and on a sunday. Claire.

johnr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:36 am    Author: johnr    Post subject:

Daniel,

Great to see you on here, would you have dealt at the £75,000 and if not would you have taken the likely offer of a box swap?

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:39 am    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Hi Daniel, thanks for posting in here, and have no regrets about dealing
at £24,500, it was the right decision. I hope the money will really make
a difference to you and your family.

Maud

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:40 am    Author: Maud    Post subject:

ditto to what the others have said Daniel, its a decent amount of money for a family

ashley1234

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:30 am    Author: ashley1234    Post subject:

Well done, Daniel, enjoy your money.

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:48 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

I only say the from the last 8, and I think I would have dealt at the same time as it was that bit too risky!

Well done Daniel

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

h2005 wrote:
The banker is also obsessed with the 1p - often offering stupidly low offers, simply because he is obsessed with the thought that the player could win 1p - luckily for Daniel though, he got a decent offer!

Or in this case, unluckily, because a stupid offer would probably have been No Dealed and he'd have won more...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Duffer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:42 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

Well played Daniel. In keeping with a few others, I would have gone at the 3rd offer for sure as the risk of disaster was relatively high at that point but fair play to him for battling on and securing a slightly higher sum.

The record books will show a massive banker win but the record books don't show the circumstances and, for me, that was still the right deal at the right time (and, as has been said, nice of Noel to appreciate that for once!!)

hammondstar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:59 am    Author: hammondstar    Post subject: Re: sunday bloody sunday!

danieljones wrote:
Hi Guys,
Thanks for all your support and kind messages.
Wow what a game. I couldnt believe how quickly it started to fall apart at the beginning. Im absolutely delighted with £24,500 but of course part of me is gutted I could have gone on to win £75k or even £250k if I was a bit more courageous, but as I said at the time I know that I did the right deal for our little family at the right time. I would have been devastated to have lost it and of course baby Jac would have stuck one on me.
its also worth mentioning that the 1p frightened the death out of me.
Its been an experience of a lifetime and Id advise anyone of thinking of applying to go ahead and do it. You never know you may be lucky enough to get on. I did and there nothing special about me. Its a great game for normal people. if you do get an audition just be yoursef- you never know!

once again thanks for your kind messages.

Daniel

I.LOVE.YOU. :smt055 :smt055 :smt055 :smt055 :smt055 :smt055

I think I'm about to cry. Hmm...

danieljones

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:43 pm    Author: danieljones    Post subject: thanks again

hi
just a quick one to reiterate what i said early and thank everyone for their support and kind words.
seeing bunney left with almost identical boxes as me with 5 left and being offerd £7k more than me hurt and then seeing that he got offered 110k for the exact last two boxes as me hurt even more.
however i left with £24.5k and im delighted with that as if i had gone all the way to the end i would have won £20k as i would have swapped, so all in all i'm absolutely delighted
oh yes I no longer cry myself to sleep thinking that i could have won £75k (£110k!) so i can now move on!! lol .
take care all
Daniel

Last edited by danieljones on Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott6791

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:07 pm    Author: Scott6791    Post subject:

Nice to see you have recovered ha ha daniel - no more screaming at the camera ha ha(pm)

Thanx
Scott

[ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]