Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:49 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:49 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

22RedBoxes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:39 pm    Author: 22RedBoxes    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
No why? is that a bad thing? :shock:

never_wrong

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:54 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

TOM22 wrote:
22RedBoxes wrote:
Any Catherine pics from today's game anyone?

You aint Ross are you? :suspect:

Nah, he's Qwerty ;)

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:01 pm    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

:roll: Noel really does my head in at times. He talks about bein focused like it makes a difference to what's going to be in the box - it's all RANDOM Noel!!!, you can be as focused as you like and still go away with nothing.

johnr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:09 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject:

Watching the repeat:

'Gabrielle bought the £15,000 to the table'

Err no she didn't, she swapped £3,000 for the £15,000 box!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:10 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Congratulations to Catherine for ignoring Noel and winning good money. Now, I wonder why I'm not watching many shows live now...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:14 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Congratulations to Catherine for ignoring Noel and winning good money. Now, I wonder why I'm not watching many shows live now...

I agree with you. Noel talks about courage too much, when it's all random. Still, well done Catherine!

Last edited by 22identicalboxes on Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:42 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Yeah I agree. It used to be about timing, now it's just whether you have the courage to go on or not. :|

Anyway, welldone Catherine! Enjoy the money! :D

Catherine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:00 pm    Author: Catherine    Post subject:

Thank you so much to everyone for their kind words and thank you to Kestrel for the low down on the game. It's a wonderful keep sake and wish it would print out in a printer friendly version.

I enjoyed watching my game, which I hope doesn't sound too big headed, lol..... I hope you did too?

I am enjoying the money and now too can sit back and breathe that it's all over and wasn't edited too badly :D

I loved my experience more than a lot of things in my life and am seriously considering a face transplant and new hair do and apply again :lol: :lol:

The VERY best of luck to all future contestants... I hope you're successful enough to play on THE best game show of all time

Much love
Catherine x

PS: Andrew came to watch my game with me today and he has completely recovered from the bollard incident, I managed to manoevure (sp?) him around the pub without any accidents :D

little_monster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:01 pm    Author: little_monster    Post subject:

Catherine is one of my favourite contestants now! She rules! Well done!

22RedBoxes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:04 pm    Author: 22RedBoxes    Post subject:

Hi Catherine

Great game and you are now 1 of my all-time favourite players - enjoy the money!!

I have applied for the show once so......................

Only another 39 applications to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Catherine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:11 pm    Author: Catherine    Post subject:

:oops: {blushing}

xxx

Billy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:15 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Great game! At the second break it was terrifying, with the two biggies the only amounts over £1k remaining. I'm not surprised you dealt at £21k, had you taken the big 'uns out in the next round it would have been a disaster, especially with £1 in your box. Thank god the £250k wasn't there, that would have been really bad luck!

You're a legend, Catherine, and it's gonna be sad to see you go. Well done on the £21,000!

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:20 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Catherine wrote:
Thank you so much to everyone for their kind words and thank you to Kestrel for the low down on the game. It's a wonderful keep sake and wish it would print out in a printer friendly version.

I enjoyed watching my game, which I hope doesn't sound too big headed, lol..... I hope you did too?

I am enjoying the money and now too can sit back and breathe that it's all over and wasn't edited too badly :D

I loved my experience more than a lot of things in my life and am seriously considering a face transplant and new hair do and apply again :lol: :lol:

The VERY best of luck to all future contestants... I hope you're successful enough to play on THE best game show of all time

Much love
Catherine x

PS: Andrew came to watch my game with me today and he has completely recovered from the bollard incident, I managed to manoevure (sp?) him around the pub without any accidents :D

Hi Catherine

Great to hear you're enjoying the money :D And also that Andrew has made a full recovery :lol:

I'll be writing up the today's show thread for the site's blog later which is a much more printer friendly and easier to read version, so I'll let you know when it's done and send you over a copy :D

Thanks for an entertaining show and we'll look out for you again if you sort out a disguise and sneej back on the show ;) :-D

willtheywinbig

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:23 pm    Author: willtheywinbig    Post subject:

Terrible deal at the time. The board was too good not to on. Would have got an offer of 21 at least even if you had taken one out so it was worst the risk. Coward imo and when you have the to big ones left you need to take a risk. The banker played a blinder and the contestant was a coward.

Tom22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:26 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

willtheywinbig wrote:
Terrible deal at the time. The board was too good not to on. Would have got an offer of 21 at least even if you had taken one out so it was worst the risk. Coward imo and when you have the to big ones left you need to take a risk. The banker played a blinder and the contestant was a coward.

Why do you watch Deal or no Deal? :?

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

willtheywinbig

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:30 pm    Author: willtheywinbig    Post subject:

Why cause i like the show. But theres no point in saying she done a great deal. In fact is was a terrible deal. Two of the biggest numbers left and she dealt. Bad deal thats all i am saying. She knew it. Everyone told her to go on. She didnt and she knew herself it was the wrong time to deal. Coward imo but that just my opinion.

Bounce7800

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:44 pm    Author: Bounce7800    Post subject:

Well done to Catherine. It was a good enough deal, if not the best, 22k is a great some of money.

Im always rooting for the gorgeous girls to win, so glad for Catherine and hope Sarah does well too :-D

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:00 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Actually, we've seen offers in four figures with £250,000 in the final five. And we've seen six grand or so with just £100,000 and four blues.

That's why the Deal was justifiable.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Catherine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:05 pm    Author: Catherine    Post subject:

willtheywinbig wrote:

Mmmm, you're the sort of *beep* that goes home with £1 aren't you.

My system was random and the whole experience in that chair is surreal so who says I would have picked the same boxes if I hadn't have dealt at £21k?!?!

never_wrong

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:08 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

Catherine wrote:
willtheywinbig wrote:

Mmmm, you're the sort of *beep* that goes home with £1 aren't you.

My system was random and the whole experience in that chair is surreal so who says I would have picked the same boxes if I hadn't have dealt at £21k?!?!

:shock:

You mean the players don't always play on as they would have done in the prove-out rounds?? Next you'll be saying the Banker gives ludicrous post-deal offers............ ;)

Congratulations Catherine. I'd have definitely Dealt when you did, too.

[ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]