Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:18 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:18 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 pm    Author: Andy    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
'Twas very tense watching the end of it, but brilliant when she finally got the 20,000. :D

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:30 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Andy wrote:
'Twas very tense watching the end of it, but brilliant when she finally got the 20,000. :D

It was a very emotional game today, and as you say it was a VERY tense ending. I'm really glad Vanessa won the £20,000 at the end :smt023

I think todays game really showed the bond that is formed amongst the players, as most of them were in tears at a couple of key points in the game.

It was interesting at the end when the banker did NOT offer to swap the boxes, was he afraid of Aileens reputation for having large values in her box? :-D

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:34 pm    Author: Andy    Post subject:

The banker's gambling backfired on him a bit, it seemed to me that he was making low offers to force her to play on, and end up with a low value, but it went wrong for him.
If he'd offered about 10k at the final round I think she would have taken it, but he was presuming that she had only 500 in hers, so a low offer would almost force her to carry on.

Just my opinion. :P

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:41 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Totally agree with you there Andy, he has tried that tactic before of offering low offers trying to force the player to carry on. It's great when it goes wrong for him :-D

I was a little surprised when he offered £5,000 at the end, I thought he might have tried around £7,000-£8,000 as a more tempting offer.

VixenWales

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:28 am    Author: VixenWales    Post subject:

Aww I missed vanessa's game, but glad to see she went away with a nice amount of money :)

Panda

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:36 pm    Author: Panda    Post subject:

Twas a good game, I would have wussed out and the end and made the deal. I thought she could swap whether the banker offered or not?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

The only other time he's not offered a swap at that stage was for James with £10 and £100 in the final two boxes.

If I was the Banker I'd have offered £6,200, same as the opening offer, just to taunt her. At that point she'd have had a real decision to make...

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]