Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am Last visit was: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Billy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:40 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Wow, with a game like that, getting an OPW was gonna be very hard - and you got one! Really well done on your £10k, GK (hey, that rhymes!), you were my favourite male contestant there on the wings so it's great that you won some decent money. Well done!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:30 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Well done GK on your £10k win! ;) Great game, and an OPW - what a great banker beating! :D

wayne1983

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:54 pm    Author: wayne1983    Post subject:

knew he would deal, was too bigger drop, and deffo right decision! :D

GK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:07 pm    Author: GK    Post subject: Thanks for all the feedback everyone

You know its strange watching the (edited) show on TV . There is so much more you remember and so much you forget!!

1.The guys who were there will remember.
Three re-shoots when my name was called!!!!! Camera problems.

2. I remember walking down thinking box 2 . "Means nothing to me"
I was thinking that so much that's why I forgot to turn the box round He! He!

3. There was only one box that I wanted to keep to the end. It was Box 14 Lots of reasons too long to go into now, but I knew that if I could get to the end and have the swap I would have gone for it without hesitation.

4. The Banker , and I must admit Noel, over the last few games
( remember 3 games are filmed in a day) Sue , John and Gary come to mind, had come up with some cutting comments and somehow if you watched the shows which I am sure you did , I felt influenced the players in not a nice way.

5. The comment in my game about not making another offer , in that split second influenced me , sorry to say it but its true. Thats why I dealt.

6. Had I had the swap, well its all a degree in hindsight, but Wrighty and box 14 had £100,000.
If you saw my reaction after I dealt and then chose box 14 , decide for yourself what was going through my mind.

In the end selling a Red cardboard £5 box for £10,000 cash seems like a great result to me. So yes I am delighted with the way the game played out.

The game was brilliant, the gang behind the boxes , all the crew down there at Endamol and those who had played over the week before who are all great mates, a huge big thanks to you all.

Roll on Feb 2007 ( Jenny ).

Look forward to meeting everyone at the next reunion. I'll still come on site and look forward to chatting with all DOND players and fans.

Have a great Christmas everyone and a very lucky 2007.. GK.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:09 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

That was a classic! Well done GK for socking it to the banker - he deserved a beating for his attitude tonight!!

I think £10k was a good offer on that board - it has often been well down in 4 figures for an £100k and nothing last five, and it was even more than 1p Trevor was offered on the same board but with £250k instead of £100k!
I think someone less confident may have only been offered about half that! A "no money, do you want to swap?" offer if he'd avoided the £100k until the deal of 2 was actually a possibility as well I thought!

I loved the extra twist at the third offer, but I was expecting GK to give an absoute price and banker to say Deal or No Deal - I really would like that to happen for real on an isolated occasion (actually that happened with Andy K sort of, come to think of it!!). Especially at the 5th offer on a board like tonight. :D

Shame Wrighty wasn't playing today again, but you'd be pretty gutted to have had that board, dealt for £10k and have £100k in your box!

Well done GK, really glad you did well and beat the banker!

And well done for not telling Noel that you thought the £100k was in 14 - he wouldn't have let you pick it after dealing if you had! :-D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:04 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Wow. GK - I reckon that threat not to make a final offer was real, the final offer on the French version (which is what ours is based on) is very often no more than a swap. If he'd done that and not hinted at it (and if you'd have turned down £10,000 if you'd assumed a final offer was coming)... holy hell. Still, you were utterly sensible, only the reckless would have gone on at £10,000 in my opinion and those people would have had a 60% (80%?) chance of leaving with may-as-well-be-nothing.

I might even have gone at £7,500...

Hypothetical question: let's say you'd have left yourself a £5/£100,000 finish, and you DID get an offer - of £30,000. What would you have done?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:11 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Welldone GK! Enjoy the money! :D

GK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:13 pm    Author: GK    Post subject: Hyperthetical Finish

As above KP, I wasn't convinced I was able to get a swap after his comments . If that was the option "WITH" a swap and it was for the box I wanted all along 14, I really would have gone for it and no dealed.

I know it may sound clever after the event , but I went there to go all the way , not being offered another deal ie "no potential deal next round" and maybe , because of the above comments, no potential swap, I had to go for the £10,000. GK.

Bobby

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:16 pm    Author: Bobby    Post subject:

I really enjoyed todays show, thought G.K played it very well. Shame his character didn't match up with a bigger money game but that's just the way it goes I suppose.

maggie que

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:46 pm    Author: maggie que    Post subject:

:D well played.great game.so glad you got some dosh to spend over xmas.could so easily have crashed at last fence!

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:58 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Well done GK - certainly a fascinating game, from what Rico said about a memorable show I thought it would be either a very big win or an outright disaster, so was a bit different from what I expected! Great to see someone beat the Banker so convincingly though!

dashyork42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:30 am    Author: dashyork42    Post subject:

Well done on getting the 10k GK-I had a fear for the game early on that you wern't gonna get any decent offers, but thankfully you did. All the best.

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:37 am    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Well done GK, yes I was in the audience for your game. It was a great turn around, especially after the disappointment of Sue's game, and you dealt at the right time to get an Outright Player Win. Your negotiating with the banker was a really good moment in the show. Enjoy your Christmas! :D

ashley1234

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:50 am    Author: ashley1234    Post subject:

Congratulations on the great escape, GK! Merry Christmas :)

bretzysdude

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:32 am    Author: bretzysdude    Post subject:

Well done, GK! I would have dealt at that stage too. The Banker was just being unfair to you.

GAC1984

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:01 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Done GK Great Game.

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]