Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:02 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:02 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:22 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Well done Ned!

wakey1512

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:26 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

As well as the new things that happened today (Which the bothersbar ideas page was certainly a part of) I really really liked the new box opening angle at the end. Yunno, where the camera is really far out on the box, then zooms in quickly when it's opened.

My dislike club: The number 3

Suezan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:29 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Well done with your game

Cherry Blossom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:49 pm    Author: Cherry Blossom    Post subject:

:smt006

Last edited by Cherry Blossom on Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:14 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject:
Global Moderator

Fantastic Swap towards the end of the game, nice to see the little "Price is right" Game added into the game. It was a shame that his partner said stop but i think she was getting worried on the "Peanuts" aspect of the game. None of us would want to leave with a penny!!! I would have said No Deal with the outlook of three offers but Deal if it had been 3 straight boxes. All in all a great game!!!

Well Done Ned!! ;)

wakey1512

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:35 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

I don't see why Ned's wife was still looking at the peanuts aspect of the game, following the games we've had! Two OPW's (Well, one OPW and one Outright Draw) and one £250,000 box unwon because of an overcautious player!

Duffer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:37 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

What a compelling game! Think Ned can take it as a huge compliment that the Banker tried all sorts of strategies to unsettle him and also that his offers were so close to the mean at the end. Taking the 15k was the sensible thing to do - offer was extremely generous and he had absolutely no fallback.

Well played Ned - enjoy the cash. :D

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:43 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

wakey1512 wrote:
I don't see why Ned's wife was still looking at the peanuts aspect of the game, following the games we've had! Two OPW's (Well, one OPW and one Outright Draw) and one £250,000 box unwon because of an overcautious player!

Perhaps because she was sensible enough to know that what's happened in previous games has no bearing whatsoever on later ones?

wakey1512

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:57 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:

Perhaps because she was sensible enough to know that what's happened in previous games has no bearing whatsoever on later ones?

But you would expect people to be more cautious after witnessing... a disaster game - like Vee was after Khanny's game. But Ned's wife was acting Miss Cautious after witnessing 3 very good games, were gambling did / would have payed off.

Will

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:58 pm    Author: Will    Post subject:

What a cracking game! Just saw it on More4. It's just a shame Ned didn't trust his instincts and go all the way to get the £75k!

I like the offer after every box in the final round too. Providing it's not done too regularly it could be enough to entice some real gamblers to go on for one more box....

Oh and I like the camera angle at the end too Wakey!

JamesR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:01 pm    Author: JamesR    Post subject:

Top game Ned, loved it.

For once, Noel's inevitable description of the game as "unique" was spot on - a Swap offered at a point never seen before and obviously the repeated offers towards the end.

Excellent stuff!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:03 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

wakey1512 wrote:
daniel4389 wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:

But you would expect people to be more cautious after witnessing... a disaster game - like Vee was after Khanny's game. But Ned's wife was acting Miss Cautious after witnessing 3 very good games, were gambling did / would have payed off.

Taking an offer that was a few hundred quid below the mean can hardly be described as "cautious". If the £75k had gone in the next box then Ned would have gone with pretty much nothing, which was a scenario that he, and especially his girlfriend, seemed to want to avoid.

Jimmy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:06 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject:
Global Moderator

daniel4389 wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
daniel4389 wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:

Taking an offer that was a few hundred quid below the mean can hardly be described as "cautious". If the £75k had gone in the next box then Ned would have gone with pretty much nothing, which was a scenario that he, and especially his girlfriend, seemed to want to avoid.

I think she felt slightly silly after the fantastic ending, but they went away with £15,000 which is more than many contestants ever go away with! ;)

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:24 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Great game, I'd heard this one was going to be interesting from the Glenn Hugill interview I read before Ned even appeared, and his time in the wings made it one to look forward to as well!

Shame the deal he made didn't pay off, as it was a generous offer in that situation and you can't blame him for taking it.

I wonder if the game would have been much different if he hadn't swapped though? Probably not, assuming he was planning on leaving 22 to the end he would still have ended up with a final five of £75,000 and four blues, counting £1,000 as an honorary blue!

kels

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:26 pm    Author: kels    Post subject:

Very interesting game that one, loved the extra offers and mid game swap - that is always interesting! ;)

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:29 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

It was a good game today however I didn't really like how the Banker made an offer after every box was opened in the final round and the whole "I'll double it if you guess it correctly" stuff. It took the excitement and tension away for me and I don't think it was fair on Ned to have to play the game differently from everyone else and it isn't fair on the other contestants either. Past and present.

If the Banker makes a habit of doing what he did today I might consider not watching any more. Even though it may give us our first quarter millionnaire I think it will take the gambing out of it because it gives contestants that extra bit of confidence to go on. If a contestant does win the £250,000 this way, I would feel like it was cheated. I like the fact they have to open 3 boxes in every round. It gives us a sense of who the real gamblers are.

I don't like change. I hope they never do that again.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, thats just the way I feel. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Red_Fire16

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:36 pm    Author: Red_Fire16    Post subject:

Wow, I've never seen a player swap during the middle of the game.
Shame about the result.

Will

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:14 pm    Author: Will    Post subject:

"The Banker" wrote:
I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, thats just the way I feel. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Don't be silly! Everyone's entitled to an opinion. You made a lot of very salient points.

Personally I enjoyed the change as it made the end game a little more exciting, however I don't think they should do it with all future contestants because, as you say, it's not fair on all those who have gone before... It should only be used for certain players in certain games with certain boards and certainly no more than once every six months.

maggie que

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:25 pm    Author: maggie que    Post subject:

:smt038 great game ned.you deserve every penny.enjoy spending the dosh.

hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:33 pm    Author: hunter    Post subject:

great game way to go Ned! i knew swapping was the right thing to do because he could of taken out the £75,000 and i had a feeling it wasn't in his original box. a different and exciting game very well done Ned you will be missed

[ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]