Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:09 am Last visit was: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:09 am




Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]



 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:22 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:27 pm
Warnings: 0
Well done Ned!


Top
 Profile  

wakey1512

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:26 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Grimsby
Warnings: 0
As well as the new things that happened today (Which the bothersbar ideas page was certainly a part of) I really really liked the new box opening angle at the end. Yunno, where the camera is really far out on the box, then zooms in quickly when it's opened.

_________________
Image
Image
Wakey1512 - Resident no dealer, major box 4 and £100,000 fan.
My dislike club: The number 3


Top
 Profile  

Suezan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:29 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:27 pm
Warnings: 0
Well done with your game


Top
 Profile  

Cherry Blossom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:49 pm    Author: Cherry Blossom    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 7:44 pm
Warnings: 0
:smt006


Last edited by Cherry Blossom on Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  

Jimmy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:14 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject:
Global Moderator

Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: UK
Warnings: 0
Fantastic Swap towards the end of the game, nice to see the little "Price is right" Game added into the game. It was a shame that his partner said stop but i think she was getting worried on the "Peanuts" aspect of the game. None of us would want to leave with a penny!!! I would have said No Deal with the outlook of three offers but Deal if it had been 3 straight boxes. All in all a great game!!!

Well Done Ned!! ;)


Top
 Profile  

wakey1512

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:35 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Grimsby
Warnings: 0
I don't see why Ned's wife was still looking at the peanuts aspect of the game, following the games we've had! Two OPW's (Well, one OPW and one Outright Draw) and one £250,000 box unwon because of an overcautious player!

_________________
Image
Image
Wakey1512 - Resident no dealer, major box 4 and £100,000 fan.
My dislike club: The number 3


Top
 Profile  

Duffer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:37 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 5:55 pm
Location: Sussex
Warnings: 0
What a compelling game! Think Ned can take it as a huge compliment that the Banker tried all sorts of strategies to unsettle him and also that his offers were so close to the mean at the end. Taking the 15k was the sensible thing to do - offer was extremely generous and he had absolutely no fallback.

Well played Ned - enjoy the cash. :D

_________________
--- jeg forstar ikke ---


Top
 Profile E-mail  

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:43 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:36 pm
Warnings: 0
wakey1512 wrote:
I don't see why Ned's wife was still looking at the peanuts aspect of the game, following the games we've had! Two OPW's (Well, one OPW and one Outright Draw) and one £250,000 box unwon because of an overcautious player!


Perhaps because she was sensible enough to know that what's happened in previous games has no bearing whatsoever on later ones?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  

wakey1512

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:57 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Grimsby
Warnings: 0
daniel4389 wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
I don't see why Ned's wife was still looking at the peanuts aspect of the game, following the games we've had! Two OPW's (Well, one OPW and one Outright Draw) and one £250,000 box unwon because of an overcautious player!


Perhaps because she was sensible enough to know that what's happened in previous games has no bearing whatsoever on later ones?


But you would expect people to be more cautious after witnessing... a disaster game - like Vee was after Khanny's game. But Ned's wife was acting Miss Cautious after witnessing 3 very good games, were gambling did / would have payed off.

_________________
Image
Image
Wakey1512 - Resident no dealer, major box 4 and £100,000 fan.
My dislike club: The number 3


Top
 Profile  

Will

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:58 pm    Author: Will    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:26 am
Location: Leeds
Warnings: 0
What a cracking game! Just saw it on More4. It's just a shame Ned didn't trust his instincts and go all the way to get the £75k!

I like the offer after every box in the final round too. Providing it's not done too regularly it could be enough to entice some real gamblers to go on for one more box....

Oh and I like the camera angle at the end too Wakey!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  

JamesR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:01 pm    Author: JamesR    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: Liverpool
Warnings: 0
Top game Ned, loved it.

For once, Noel's inevitable description of the game as "unique" was spot on - a Swap offered at a point never seen before and obviously the repeated offers towards the end.

Excellent stuff!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:03 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:36 pm
Warnings: 0
wakey1512 wrote:
daniel4389 wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
I don't see why Ned's wife was still looking at the peanuts aspect of the game, following the games we've had! Two OPW's (Well, one OPW and one Outright Draw) and one £250,000 box unwon because of an overcautious player!


Perhaps because she was sensible enough to know that what's happened in previous games has no bearing whatsoever on later ones?


But you would expect people to be more cautious after witnessing... a disaster game - like Vee was after Khanny's game. But Ned's wife was acting Miss Cautious after witnessing 3 very good games, were gambling did / would have payed off.


Taking an offer that was a few hundred quid below the mean can hardly be described as "cautious". If the £75k had gone in the next box then Ned would have gone with pretty much nothing, which was a scenario that he, and especially his girlfriend, seemed to want to avoid.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  

Jimmy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:06 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject:
Global Moderator

Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: UK
Warnings: 0
daniel4389 wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
daniel4389 wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
I don't see why Ned's wife was still looking at the peanuts aspect of the game, following the games we've had! Two OPW's (Well, one OPW and one Outright Draw) and one £250,000 box unwon because of an overcautious player!


Perhaps because she was sensible enough to know that what's happened in previous games has no bearing whatsoever on later ones?


But you would expect people to be more cautious after witnessing... a disaster game - like Vee was after Khanny's game. But Ned's wife was acting Miss Cautious after witnessing 3 very good games, were gambling did / would have payed off.


Taking an offer that was a few hundred quid below the mean can hardly be described as "cautious". If the £75k had gone in the next box then Ned would have gone with pretty much nothing, which was a scenario that he, and especially his girlfriend, seemed to want to avoid.


I think she felt slightly silly after the fantastic ending, but they went away with £15,000 which is more than many contestants ever go away with! ;)


Top
 Profile  

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:24 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:04 pm
Warnings: 0
Great game, I'd heard this one was going to be interesting from the Glenn Hugill interview I read before Ned even appeared, and his time in the wings made it one to look forward to as well!

Shame the deal he made didn't pay off, as it was a generous offer in that situation and you can't blame him for taking it.

I wonder if the game would have been much different if he hadn't swapped though? Probably not, assuming he was planning on leaving 22 to the end he would still have ended up with a final five of £75,000 and four blues, counting £1,000 as an honorary blue!

_________________
Image
Oh and five others, guess I need to update this!


Top
 Profile  

kels

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:26 pm    Author: kels    Post subject:

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:32 pm
Warnings: 0
Very interesting game that one, loved the extra offers and mid game swap - that is always interesting! ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:29 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:24 am
Warnings: 0
It was a good game today however I didn't really like how the Banker made an offer after every box was opened in the final round and the whole "I'll double it if you guess it correctly" stuff. It took the excitement and tension away for me and I don't think it was fair on Ned to have to play the game differently from everyone else and it isn't fair on the other contestants either. Past and present.

If the Banker makes a habit of doing what he did today I might consider not watching any more. Even though it may give us our first quarter millionnaire I think it will take the gambing out of it because it gives contestants that extra bit of confidence to go on. If a contestant does win the £250,000 this way, I would feel like it was cheated. I like the fact they have to open 3 boxes in every round. It gives us a sense of who the real gamblers are.

I don't like change. I hope they never do that again.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, thats just the way I feel. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

_________________
“Tell me," Wittgenstein's asked a friend, "why do people always say, it was natural for man to assume that the sun went round the earth rather than that the earth was rotating?" His friend replied, "Well, obviously because it just looks as though the Sun is going round the Earth."
Wittgenstein replied, "Well, what would it have looked like if it had looked as though the Earth was rotating?”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein


Top
 Profile  

Red_Fire16

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:36 pm    Author: Red_Fire16    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:03 am
Location: Somewhere...
Warnings: 0
Wow, I've never seen a player swap during the middle of the game.
Shame about the result.

_________________
I am the critic...

Image


Top
 Profile  

Will

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:14 pm    Author: Will    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:26 am
Location: Leeds
Warnings: 0
"The Banker" wrote:
I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, thats just the way I feel. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.


Don't be silly! Everyone's entitled to an opinion. You made a lot of very salient points.

Personally I enjoyed the change as it made the end game a little more exciting, however I don't think they should do it with all future contestants because, as you say, it's not fair on all those who have gone before... It should only be used for certain players in certain games with certain boards and certainly no more than once every six months.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  

maggie que

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:25 pm    Author: maggie que    Post subject:

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 9:50 pm
Location: birmingham uk
Warnings: 0
:smt038 great game ned.you deserve every penny.enjoy spending the dosh.

_________________
life is a deal


Top
 Profile  

hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:33 pm    Author: hunter    Post subject:

Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 11:21 pm
Warnings: 0
great game way to go Ned! i knew swapping was the right thing to do because he could of taken out the £75,000 and i had a feeling it wasn't in his original box. a different and exciting game very well done Ned you will be missed


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bot and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Deal Or No Deal

[ View who is online ]

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Copyright ©2008 dond.co.uk All rights reserved

www.dond.co.uk is not responsible for the content posted by private individuals on this website. The views expressed herein are solely the opinions of the individuals that produced them and not necessarily the views of the owner, or of the admins, or of the moderators of this website.


Deal or No Deal Online Games | Tava Tea Weight Loss | Go Go Hamster | Wii | Wii Fit | Xbox 360 | Playstation 3 | Sunglasses | Wii U Pre-order | Dropship | GoGo Hamster | Kidizoom Camera | Whitening teeth | Admin Zone Directory