Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:17 am Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:17 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:48 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
It's the first time in a while I remember seeing no swap offer, apart from when there are only two low blues remaining.

wakey1512

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:24 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

I really thought Noel was dragging the whole box opening out, so that the banker could get in and offer a swap. That's what he usually does.

My dislike club: The number 3

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:53 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

At least box 14's record has improved at the table!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:06 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Yeah - I personally don't like the swap in the first place, but if they're going to offer it to anyone, I think they should offer it to everyone. (Or just not edit it out!) Showing some people being offered swaps and some people not just creates more opportunities for the whole thing to look unfair and be called a fix.

Billy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:29 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

I can't think of any times where it hasn't been offered and the player's won the low amount - Matt, Hilary, Gaz, Ian, they all won the high amount. We know Matt's and Gaz's were edited out, so presumably if the player wins the small amount, they make sure they leave the swap in the final edit so it looks fair.

Unless someone can prove me wrong...and small blue v small blue decisions don't count, obviously.

wakey1512

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:41 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

If you're right, we can predict what's in the box in the final two before it's opened (Although it will do nothing but take the tension away.)

My dislike club: The number 3

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:30 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Billy wrote:
I can't think of any times where it hasn't been offered and the player's won the low amount - Matt, Hilary, Gaz, Ian, they all won the high amount. We know Matt's and Gaz's were edited out, so presumably if the player wins the small amount, they make sure they leave the swap in the final edit so it looks fair.

Unless someone can prove me wrong...and small blue v small blue decisions don't count, obviously.

I don't think Cocky Bill was offered a swap (or at least, we didn't see it) - he won £3k from a £3k/£10k final two.

Billy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:54 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

...is absolutely correct. Bang goes my theory.

Then again, I suppose they thought it didn't matter as it was only a £7k gap between the two - although it did really, as had he won £10k it wouldn't have been the worst week ever in terms of winnings. If they hadn't offered the swap to Valerie, we'd have all gone nuts!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Well done Ian on your £20k win! Two people win £20k (by going to the end and having it in their box) in a row... and before that, there wasn't one since Ron in June... will they be like buses? Will tehre be a third one on Sunday?! :shock:

Haha, anyway, well done Ian! :D

Wow, I've just been reading all this stuff about swapping... another question is in the proveout rounds, some players get asked about a hypothetical swap, and some don't - surely they should just do one or the other? :?

[ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]