Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:01 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:01 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:27 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I love games like that! I was actually initially a little bit disappointed he didn't go on at £25k after what happened to Mary yesterday, but that soon went away when he completely destroyed the reds afterwards!

In fact I find someone doing a surprising early deal then obliterating the board just as exciting as someone going on to the end and winning big money! (For instance I found Melanie's game as enjoyable as Gaz's. Sad but true :) ) Great to see someone write an amount in the book, remain totally focussed on taking the first offer than comes in above it, and not get seduced by the board.

And what on earth was the banker doing with that £250 offer? Is that proportionally the biggest increase from one offer to the next - increasing it 100-fold! :) No it can't be on second thoughts, John G and Wayne's first and second round offers would have had higher proportions!

And in the proveout - £2,500 with £75k, £50k and £20k still on the board at the 8 box stage????? WHAT? ;)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Zeddie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:28 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

22identicalboxes wrote:
Alasdair had £500 today.

Aww, lameness. HE SHOULD'VE HAD £50,000 ;o

Then again, he should save £50,000 'til his game.

Duffer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:43 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

Haha, even before logging in, I would have been prepared to gamble my own mother on finding 99% of the comments in here congratulating Paul on a great game (which it was) and the certainty of poor old Wakey sat in the corner having a sulk... :P

ashley1234

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:27 am    Author: ashley1234    Post subject:

Congratulations, Paul, I thought you had gone too early but, you proved me wrong, enjoy the money :D

Qwerty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:18 am    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

Fantastic game for Paul! I was really hoping he did well, and a bit unsure he would after dealing at £25,000. But he went on to prove it ws the perfect deal, so good on him! Proved Noel wrong as well! :D

Great game :D

Thanks to kestral, daniel4389, Tugger, Billy et al who have helped build my image library for these:

ross

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:38 am    Author: ross    Post subject:

wakey1512 wrote:
wokoman88 wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
Yes we do care. Un-cogratulations, Paul. I bet tugger is mad, because he has box 5.

We can't expect a £250k winner if these things happen.

people deal, get over it.

wakey1512 wrote:
Right, that's official that my least favorite player is tied between Melanie and P-aul.

im sure they'll be able to cope with £55,000 between them.

No.

Perhaps then wakey is too young to appreciate the value of money, and realize some people's personal circumstances require them to get to a certain amount of money and then take it, like Paul did today. Not everyone is wealthy enough to go to the end; if they receive high offers, some will want to, and do take them.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:18 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Paul,

Ignore our resident no-dealer - you did the RIGHT DEAL AT THE RIGHT TIME, and most importantly, THE RIGHT DEAL FOR YOU. Please enjoy the £25k! Remember, you're in a very exclusive club, dealing at the 3rd offer and having an OPW - be proud! :D WELL DONE! :D

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:24 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Actually, come to think of it, while there are some names that tend to be generally unlucky on DOND - John, Alan, Barbara, Raj; Paul seems to have been one of the luckier names.

Paul 1 - avoided a 50p/£1 final pair by dealing for £6,500
Paul 2 - sold a £1 box for £24,000
Paul 3 - sold a £1 box for £32,000
Paul 5 - won £32,000
Paul 6 - sold a £1 box for £25,000

Nev was also called Paul, and he won £41k!

Only Paul 4 didn't do so well, dealing for £9,500, but could have had £84k, however at least he sold an £100 box! :)

I'll have to get my father on the show, he's called Paul! :-D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

wokoman88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:30 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
Actually, come to think of it, while there are some names that tend to be generally unlucky on DOND - John, Alan, Barbara, Raj; Paul seems to have been one of the luckier names.

Paul 1 - avoided a 50p/£1 final pair by dealing for £6,500
Paul 2 - sold a £1 box for £24,000
Paul 3 - sold a £1 box for £32,000
Paul 5 - won £32,000
Paul 6 - sold a £1 box for £25,000

Nev was also called Paul, and he won £41k!

Only Paul 4 didn't do so well, dealing for £9,500, but could have had £84k, however at least he sold an £100 box! :)

I'll have to get my father on the show, he's called Paul! :-D

and me!!!

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

[ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]