Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:53 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:53 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

pennie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:58 pm    Author: pennie    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Where have all the crazy people gone :-D The last few shows have been about as exciting as my last years tax return. Well they would if I'd done one :? I want to see emotion, do these people have no personalities, no feelings towards their fellow contestants. I'm exasperated :!: :!: :!: You know, to sit in that chair is like the most amazing, exciting, exilerating, fantastic experience and I wonder sometimes whats going on in these peoples minds. Oooooh I feel so much better now :-D

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:10 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Well done Adam!!!!

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:12 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

pennie wrote:
Where have all the crazy people gone :-D The last few shows have been about as exciting as my last years tax return. Well they would if I'd done one :? I want to see emotion, do these people have no personalities, no feelings towards their fellow contestants. I'm exasperated :!: :!: :!: You know, to sit in that chair is like the most amazing, exciting, exilerating, fantastic experience and I wonder sometimes whats going on in these peoples minds. Oooooh I feel so much better now :-D

It must be hard to get excited when your game never gets off the ground though, like most of the recent ones!

pennie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:25 pm    Author: pennie    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
pennie wrote:

It must be hard to get excited when your game never gets off the ground though, like most of the recent ones!

Power 5, you dont get me! Excitement, misery, elation, desperation. The board goes up and down as we see every day and so do the emotions. You know, you go on hoping to win a lot of money, you open the 250k box and you're gutted. You get rid of the 1p and your elated. NO one knows that better than me, taking out the 2 biggies in the first 3 boxes, but at least you could see and feel that I was totally gutted. Have I expained myself better. I was not trying to be disrespectful to any previous player.

wakey1512

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:38 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

Another appearance for 13 :x

I guess now box 4 has been at the table the least now?

My dislike club: The number 3

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:38 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Nope, that honour befalls box 17.

Zeddie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:27 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

17 is an angry number anyway. Blegh.

2 is pretty.

wakey1512

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:32 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

Zeddie wrote:
17 is an angry number anyway. Blegh.

2 is pretty.

17 is lucky. Quiet. You should be honoured Dave W had it right? 4 and 17 rule. Especially 4!

Last edited by wakey1512 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wakey1512

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:33 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
Nope, that honour befalls box 17.

Ah right, thanks.

GAC1984

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:57 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

I enjoyed Adam and Matt's conversations. It was great to watch

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:33 am    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

Duffer wrote:
flamedtresses wrote:
anyone know how old adam is? im going out soon and i was getting ready and my video didnt record it for some reason. :evil:
i wont be able to record it on more 4 either :cry:

Having just been on the Yate Town FC website ( :? ), he is Adam Sims and he's 25. I have a feeling I might have seen him play actually. They mentioned on the show that he was once a professional with Southampton and I'm sure the name rings a bell from a pre-season friendly that my team (Bognor Regis Town FC) played a few years back. Must have been 1999, 2000 ish. I'll see if I can dig out the team sheet when I'm next at my parents.
:-D

thanks duffer. :-D i managed to watch the end of adams game,
Well done adam on £9k its still alot of money, but at least he was honest enough to say he was disappointed. i was shocked he dealt though i thought he'd have gone at least one more round.
thought the banter between adam and matt was great too. :-D
again well done adam.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:01 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Just comparing Adam's last 8 boxes with Lance's - they each had a 4/4 red/blue split, and three of the reds were the same - £75k, £20k, £1k, but whereas Adam's other red was just £3k, Lance's was a whopping £100k!

And Lance was only offered £600 more! The banker has made some strangely high offers recently!

Adam's deal was a no-brainer in my book. Even keeping the £75k without its £20k safety net would have slashed the offer (just look at Steph's offer with £75k and rubbish last 5)!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:12 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Mmm...I think the only reason someone could have turned down that offer would be if they were prepared to go to the end and hope they had one of the two big ones in their box. Adam clearly wasn't that much of a gambler, so it was the right decision to deal.

Ian W

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:42 pm    Author: Ian W    Post subject:

Well done Adam Great game

Duffer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:06 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

Duffer wrote:
flamedtresses wrote:
anyone know how old adam is? im going out soon and i was getting ready and my video didnt record it for some reason. :evil:
i wont be able to record it on more 4 either :cry:

Having just been on the Yate Town FC website ( :? ), he is Adam Sims and he's 25. I have a feeling I might have seen him play actually. They mentioned on the show that he was once a professional with Southampton and I'm sure the name rings a bell from a pre-season friendly that my team (Bognor Regis Town FC) played a few years back. Must have been 1999, 2000 ish. I'll see if I can dig out the team sheet when I'm next at my parents.

Sorry to drag this back up, but I discovered some details about the match that I mentioned. I did indeed see him play - July 1999 to be exact. He was part of a Southampton reserve team that contained ex-England players David Hirst and Stuart Ripley and a very young Wayne Bridge! (now of Chelsea of course). They beat my beloved Bognor Regis Town 6-2 in a pre-season friendly (David Hirst scored 5!!) so I'm sure he made me a very miserable Bognor fan all those years ago! :(

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:48 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Did Adam really play over a month ago? It seems only like 2 / 3 weeks... :shock: :D

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:51 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

:cry: no it was a while ago.

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]