Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 10 posts ] 

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:58 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Len - 14/08/06 (Originally 22/11/05)

Warnings: 0
Len. Is. A. Legend. That was definitely my favourite of the More 4 repeats, and one of my favourite games of all time. I'm so glad he did well. :D Loved his reaction to beating the banker - second only to Dot's!

Oh, and I don't care what everyone else thinks - I love Andy K! He always gives good advice and really seems to care about the other players.

wakey1512

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:00 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

They gave out the number for people to become contestants, was that then or for now?

My dislike club: The number 3

wakey1512

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:11 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

Most of the offers today were quite higher then the FD. 2K higher, on one instance.

Then again, according to the FD, £7,500 was the highest he would have gotten, even less if the banker was in a crappy mood.

Go Len!

My dislike club: The number 3

hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:42 am    Author: hunter    Post subject:

yeah len was a great contestant it was funny when he jumped up in the air after his name came up on the screen he even had the lennets in the audience aswell i'm glad he beat the banker and won some money

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:41 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

wakey1512 wrote:
Most of the offers today were quite higher then the FD. 2K higher, on one instance.

Then again, according to the FD, £7,500 was the highest he would have gotten, even less if the banker was in a crappy mood.

Go Len!

I'm sure KP will be along to explain it better than I can, but I believe the FD is a rough guide for the minimum that the banker should be offering. Therefore, while it's hardly ever advisable to take an offer below it, it is quite common for the banker to offer way above it - and for those offers to be rejected.

Adam L

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:43 am    Author: Adam L    Post subject:

Location: Probably looking at nice messages by that special someone, do not disturb!!!
to get us back on track.....

YES!!! I'VE DONE IT!!!

lol thats what i remember him saying since i didnt c the repeat

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:00 am    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:01 am    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

KP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

We've certainly argued the FD as the minimum value and for No Deals above the FD to be more justifiable than Deals below it...

...the way the FD works is such that it is always below the mean, and the more stable the board is the closer to the mean it is. For instance, with four blues and the quarter-million in play, the FD is around 10k - just one-fifth of the mean. (In fact, the FD can never be below 1/x of the mean, where x is the number of boxes remaining.)

I would consider the FD to be a minimum but the whole game depends on how you value money, after all.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Billy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:08 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Good old Len! A legend - or Lengend! And to this day he has the best reaction to hearing his name called in DOND history.

Bah, I'm missing all the good games here in Devon. I'm even gonna miss Mally and Trevor's games...though I'm coming back on Saturday so I'll at least see Andy K and Raj's games, which were both certainly memorable.

[ 10 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]