Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:29 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:29 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 5 posts ] 

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:14 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Jayne - 09/08/06 (Originally 17/11/05)

Warnings: 0
I loved Jayne, too! I may have to start my own Jayne and Jan fan club, seeing as nobody else seems to be interested in them. I guess they were just overshadowed by another woman whose name begins with J and whose game is coming up shortly. ;)

Anyway, poor old Jayne...she had such a crap game. Think I'd have done the same as her, although I might have gambled at the end and ended up with the fiver...

Did anyone else think Noel was quite mean to her? Nowadays he tries to be sympathetic when they have a disaster, but he seemed to find it positively hilarious!

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:40 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Where on earth did the early nice banker go? Even me, who thinks people should deal nearly any time something half-decent comes along, thinks the offer of £4k with £75k still in play at the deal of fice positively stingy. Though she should have been offered about double that!

Game never got going really :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:44 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

To be honest, this was our first real trainwreck. The game never got going, and Jayne was quite fortunate to get £1,000 out of it in the end.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:49 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
Where on earth did the early nice banker go? Even me, who thinks people should deal nearly any time something half-decent comes along, thinks the offer of £4k with £75k still in play at the deal of fice positively stingy. Though she should have been offered about double that!

Game never got going really :(

Mm, it was a bit low - I think Aileen got £8k with a similar board - but with an 80% chance of her not having the £75k, I don't think the banker needed to offer loads.

I agree with greeny...£1,000 was an OK result, given the crap game she had. I can't imagine any of the more recent players Dealing there, though - perhaps the early players didn't have such high expectations of what they could win, and were therefore prepared to settle for less? They seem to be Dealing for a lot less, and there wasn't a genuine disaster until a few weeks in.

Suezan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:30 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

[ 5 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]