Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:01 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:01 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:18 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vicky - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Warnings: 0
Over 50% of the mean. Massively generous for this stage of the game! :shock:

Fan of classic rock and metal

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:18 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vicky - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Amazing to think I've had the DOND stat generator bookmarked for 11 years.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:18 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vicky - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)
International Forums Moderator

I apologise for the spelling, it's Vikki. Badge was hidden by hair until then!

Box 4 (Ross) - £35,000. "First hit," said Noel, and awfully late for that. "Let's just believe that's the hiccup you have to have."

Box 19 (James) - £50,000. Well, this entire round is now looking like it'll be classified as that in a best-case scenario.

It's finished after the break...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:19 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vicky - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Very early second break @ 18 minutes.

I wonder why that is ;) ;) ;)

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:21 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

I would've been more tempted to take the first offer than this as someone has dealt at this stage already (Josh). :P

Look like a dream game thus far. :D

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Mark wrote:
Very early second break @ 18 minutes.

I wonder why that is ;) ;) ;)

Well, there's certainly plenty more gameplay left in this game judging by the pace of the edit.

And it'll be more enjoyable than that Go West filk on the Go Outdoors advert, no matter what.

Other dubious adverts in this penultimate break in DoND C4 history include a laughably overblown one for Lemsip, complete with thunderstorm. I repeat, for Lemsip. And because it's the penultimate day before Christmas, there's a perfume advert. Of course there's a perfume advert. And of course it's connected far more tangibly to luxury and misogyny than, you know, perfume.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:23 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

The final ad of that break promoted the hashtag #Ageless. This show evidently wasn't, but as Stephen's pointed out, it lasted a decade longer than most expected.

We've had that double-barrelled reality check, and Noel is insisting that the 1p and 10p are desperately coveted

Box 7 (Craig F) - £1. Because of course that was going to happen after Noel said that.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Noel is anticipating a very tricky offer to decide upon here. 11-box is usually when the Banker starts making those.

Banker "doesn't have that sort of loving family" Vikki does, and his angle for a Deal seems to be to emphasise her responsibilities to them.

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,000

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:25 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vicky - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

11-box

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Offer: £13,000
Average: £42,845.56 (30.3%)
Fair Deal: £18,874.24 (68.9%)
Volatility: 1.13
Absolute Balance: 16
Significant Balance: 9/11, 4

The FD jumping up £9.05 after that round :P Dreadful offer though...

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Feels like he's using those two boxes to drop the generosity without being noticed as doing so, setting up the 8-box leap. NO DEAL.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:26 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Well if I hadn't dealt the last offer I'd have told the Banker where to shove £13k! :smt019

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Box 13 (Caroline) - £20,000. Main thing now is to stay the other side of that. Noel emphasises the gap.

Box 3 (Marc) - £500. That's the right side!

Noel's expecting a massive roar if this one is blue.

Box 16 (Laura) - £100,000 :(

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:28 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

FACT:

The shows longest sponsor and probably the biggest ever one ( in terms of £) was BT.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

It still gets a sympathetic reaction from the crowd.

1 in 28 chance of 1p/£250k by the way.

Banker asks if she's a patriotic Scot (she says she is). I'm now wondering if any independence vote inclination was inferred by that (I presume there wasn't).

An "ooh!" reaction from Noel to this one. 8-box generosity leap?

BANKER'S OFFER

£17,000

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:29 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vicky - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

8-box

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Offer: £17,000
Average: £43,850.01 (38.8%)
Fair Deal: £16,615.51 (102.3%)
Volatility: 2.48
Absolute Balance: 2
Significant Balance: 3/4, 1

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:30 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Better offer but I'd keep going. £20k would've got me out.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

That is the generosity leap I was wondering about.

Sweep of her family group. String of No Deals before an extra Banker phone call... Noel is finishing the way he started, talking up the atmosphere as though it will encourage a No Deal, and as though that was an unequivocal Good Thing.

Apparently we're getting one, because it's ALREADY BREAK TIME!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:30 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Well pitched offer for the board. :smt023

I'd go on, though.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:31 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Final ever final break @ 30 minutes.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:33 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Mark wrote:
Final ever final break @ 30 minutes.

About the time the final break used to be when it was a 45 minute show ;)

[ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]