Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:05 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:05 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:31 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Warnings: 0
Don't forget other regulars who have slowly dropped off over the years or seldom post here anymore like james1978, daniel4389, George (He inspired me to do my own series), beaker and Billy!

Also a huge thank you to all the DoND contestants who have made a contribution here and still kept in touch after their games. Of course there is the forum's own David a.k.a H2005, but players like Wrighty, Pat M, £10 Andrew, Paul from November 09 and many, many others have been a big part of this forum too :D

Now that DoND is gone, you Brits need to bring 'Wheel of fortune' back! Just an idea :-D

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:29 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)
Forum Games Moderator

Dave, thanks for the mention ;)

Well, it's odd to think we're all now obsolete, in a way. We're now fans of a game show from the past. Ten years ago, I don't think any of us who were around, doing the same thing I'm doing now - posting here - could really envisage this moment. It's worth making a cameo tonight just to ponder that. We knew the end wasn't in sight, or that's how I saw it; we knew there were still years and years to come. I remember the 'deal' being extended to 2008 or something, or 2011, and thinking that was a million miles in the future. Although I stopped watching regularly in 2008 and never regained my enthusiasm, I still kept one eye on the show through the forum, and even after the various gimmicks and changes had sculpted the DoND landscape into something frankly unrecognisable, one never considered its inevitable conclusion.

It's not exactly a demise - the thing had run its course, a few times over - and the gradual decline in ratings does feel to me like a long, slow suicide, and in that respect, it's like having a relative who was very old and very weak, who has at last found the other side. It's like a relief.

Now, we can reminisce, and sit back and watch again the moments that helped to mould our lives over the last eleven years.

As for the forum, what could I say that's not been said already? This is our monument to something we loved, something we lived. This is what we've built, in homage to a game of luck called Deal or No Deal. And do you know what? It's not too shabby. It's pretty good, really.

All the best from the house of 123. Make yours a cracking Christmas. :-D

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

DVDfever

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:49 am    Author: DVDfever    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Simon F wrote:
I wonder if the Glasgow show was always planned to be the final one transmitted given Noel wishing us a Merry Christmas or whether like the last 11 years, Noel just improvised that on the spot (or perhaps they did an extra take).

I finally caught the last show tonight and after reading on here that the On Tour shows weren't being aired in order, I figured they'd have to go out on a high, so between £750 and 250k, the end result was obvious.

And the final "It's been 11 years" speech clearly looked tacked on, so since it would take a mere few extra minutes to record an extra ending for all ten of them, just in case they needed it, it makes sense just to do that so they can round it off, rather than all ending "See you next time" when there won't be a next time after the last one that's broadcast.

Noel: "Never, never known a period... like it" - DOND 20.1.11

http://bit.ly/DomSez39 - Carry on Deal Or No Deal - a 2-minute mash-up
http://youtube.com/DomSezXL - DomSez on Youtube
http://facebook.com/domrobinson - My Facebook page
http://twitter.com/domrobinson - My Twitter page

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:58 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Nice to finish the series off with a jackpot win (even though it was obvious thanks to DoND's official site mentioning it). :D

It's been a great 11 years. Let's see how Noel's new show holds up.

Also, MERRY CHRISTMAS! :xmastree: :smt114

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:55 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)
International Forums Moderator

DVDfever wrote:
Simon F wrote:
I wonder if the Glasgow show was always planned to be the final one transmitted given Noel wishing us a Merry Christmas or whether like the last 11 years, Noel just improvised that on the spot (or perhaps they did an extra take).

I finally caught the last show tonight and after reading on here that the On Tour shows weren't being aired in order, I figured they'd have to go out on a high, so between £750 and 250k, the end result was obvious.

And the final "It's been 11 years" speech clearly looked tacked on, so since it would take a mere few extra minutes to record an extra ending for all ten of them, just in case they needed it, it makes sense just to do that so they can round it off, rather than all ending "See you next time" when there won't be a next time after the last one that's broadcast.

Multiple takes in the knowledge exactly one would be used and the decision on which would take place later based on other events does have an entertaining precedent in Ben's game in September 2012. He supported one Manchester club and his partner supported the other, and the recording took place in the spring when it was only clear that one of the two would win the Premier League, not which one. Noel reacted for one outcome in the conversation, then did a pause and then did another take for the other one.

As it happens, I think he did start with the one for City winning the title, the one that was actually used...!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

bb67

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:58 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Well it's been a great ride and I've enjoyed sharing it with you guys on here! Some great memories, H's game, the jackpot winners and the special shows to name a few.

What a game to finish off and up my neck of the woods as well, I stay about 20 mins away from the museum!

I've also had the privilege of doing a few commentaries over the years and I've taken the liberty of updating the last of the archive thread, great to hear the forum will remain open to look back on the show at our leisure.

Thanks to Kestral & H for keeping it going over the years and for keeping it going forward.

Merry Christmas dond.co.uk and a Happy New Year!

trancematics

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:44 pm    Author: trancematics    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Well who would have thunk it!

Finally after 3000 episode we actually get a contestant with b*lls ....... and its the very last episode!

Personally I would have dealt at £22000 ............... just kidding :P

DVDfever

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:50 pm    Author: DVDfever    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

trancematics wrote:

Finally after 3000 episode we actually get a contestant with b*lls ....... and its the very last episode!

Well, it wasn't the last one filmed. She had balls, but I figured they'd schedule the best outcome for the finale.

Noel: "Never, never known a period... like it" - DOND 20.1.11

http://bit.ly/DomSez39 - Carry on Deal Or No Deal - a 2-minute mash-up
http://youtube.com/DomSezXL - DomSez on Youtube
http://facebook.com/domrobinson - My Facebook page
http://twitter.com/domrobinson - My Twitter page

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:36 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

So now we enter 2017. The first DoND-free year since 2004!! :shock: :( ;)

GAC1984

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:22 am    Author: GAC1984    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Happy New Year Everybody!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:20 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

trancematics wrote:

Personally I would have dealt at £22000 ............... just kidding :P

Welcome back to the forum, Basicasic! :D ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:19 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)
Forum Games Moderator

I've missed our dear basic - not that you'd have had any idea what he added to the forum, Mr Rodriguez, but as it's all elementary now, we'll let that slide... ;)

Ah, the tussles we used to have at the top of the Wakeyism Leaderboard in 2007.
Ten years ago now, I suppose!

Merry New Year, Happy Easter, Eid Mubarak, et cetera, ad infinitum. Hope it's a good one for all :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:04 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)
Forum Games Moderator

Reading through all that tonight made me a bit emotional, so it did. Yeah, rather poignant, in a way I can't describe in words (for once). Maybe it's because I've been watching some episodes from 2006 again, probably that, but the last line from the Banker had the tears in my eyes there; after all those phone calls, all the banter and low blows and goading and compliments and everything, 'it's not often I doff my bowler - but I was faced with a Braveheart'.

That was beautiful to read, and to imagine. I shan't forget you in a hurry, Deal or No Deal.

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:57 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)
Forum Games Moderator

KP wrote:
Fini, until the revival assuming there is one before the nuclear war etc etc.

This was wonderfully, and horribly, prophetic...

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:34 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

daniel123 wrote:
KP wrote:
Fini, until the revival assuming there is one before the nuclear war etc etc.

This was wonderfully, and horribly, prophetic...

You should get applying for the new one :P

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!

[ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]