Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:39 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:39 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:33 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Paul - Ideal Christmas Special

Warnings: 0
Brick wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:
That's a total of £46,101 won this week which is quite frankly pathetic. Can we please have a more generous Banker in 2014?

Considering 3 games had none of the power 5 remaining at 5-box, we should perhaps be thankful it wasn't even less...

Here here! And if Paul declined the £16k... a) He would have most likely taken the £10K and b) He would have most likely have taken the final offer. Both of which would have been a lot less that the£16,000!

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:40 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Paul - Ideal Christmas Special
Forum Games Moderator

BankerSpanker wrote:
Why is Noel dressed as a policeman? :blueponder

NOT THE WATERAID AD AGAIN! :x

Yeah, sod the children in those third-world countries who don't have enough water to keep them going for the next few days, *beep* the poverty-stricken e-gits, oh bloody bah humbug MORE adverts for *beep*ing POOR people??!! WHEN WILL THIS EVER BLOODY STOP????!!!!!!!! OPEN SOME SODDING BOXES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt011 :smt011 :x :x

There is many a word for you, BankerSpanker; all I can say is that none are suitable for an environment frequented by children, but the abbreviation of your username, "BS", is entirely appropriate. :smt023

On topic, I'm delighted at the outcome of this game because a man took home £16,000, a bike and some briefs. Which is more than most win on game shows in this era, or indeed ever before. It's not Christmas any more, folks, but we're fast approaching the New Year; we've a lot to be positive about! :)

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:51 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Paul - Ideal Christmas Special

I'm not against charity. It's just I'm tired of that advert being on all the time.

Oh I'm banging on about ads again. *slaps self*

As for this week, nice to see 2 Banker spankings. :-)

Fan of classic rock and metal

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:00 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Paul - Ideal Christmas Special

It was a game where things happened. A man sat in a chair and played a very simple game of chance. At some point, he won some money, which, I think, is the point of this game.

Saperogo wins the thread with his comments. He does this frequently because he is cool. He is also right. Very, very right. Maybe we should listen to him more often, as he is very wise.

Good on you, Saperogo. Good on you.

BankerSpanker, the less you say, the better. Be more like Saperogo. Then, things will be better for you. Trust me; I'm from the big city.

Happy Holidays, everyone :).

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Paul - Ideal Christmas Special
International Forums Moderator

Both the risks he didn't take were perfectly reasonable. The 2-box gamble was just another never-gonna-happen one on a £35k-high final two (they love doing those, presumably because of the significance of a "could have had a P5 win" storyline) until both the win and loss conditions were cranked up in value by the equivalent of at least £2k... but not all of it in cash.

If you plonked £2k in cash to both conditions, making it a £2,750/£37k final two, I'd be very tempted to take a shot, largely because £2,750 is a sum of money I have a clear use for and hence one I'm much happier falling back to than £750. But as it was, I would've stuck too, as the only thing I could feel safe wanting was the £1k. I'd have gifted the holiday to family members who actually like hot weather if I won it one way or another. :D

Wouldn't have faced that decision as I'd have played on at 8-box, but it wouldn't have taken much more to take me out on a board that had the potential for an almighty crash.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:41 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Paul - Ideal Christmas Special

BankerSpanker wrote:
That's a total of £46,101 won this week which is quite frankly pathetic. Can we please have a more generous Banker in 2014?

Total Box values this week: £46,500
Maximum total wins this week (assuming the max in Harry's game was £8,001): £81,001.

That's not that bad.

Not the worst deal at 8-box, given no backup at all for the top 3 and you would have needed to either keep all 3 to 5-box or just hit the £35k to get a much bigger offer.

The end gamble still seemed as unlikely to have been dealt as when I first saw it back in June. Yes, there was a guarantee of £1,750 and a few prizes but that wasn't enough for me to gamble £16k.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:51 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Paul - Ideal Christmas Special

Wow, a max possible weekly win that's not even six figures. Shows how much bad luck they had in the first 3 shows and how tight the Banker is being with his offers.

Fan of classic rock and metal

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:45 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Paul - Ideal Christmas Special
Forum Games Moderator

BankerSpanker wrote:
Wow, a max possible weekly win that's not even six figures. Shows how much bad luck they had in the first 3 shows and how tight the Banker is being with his offers.

There you are; of a maximum possible win not even touching £100,000, £46,000's not that bad! :) :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]