Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:30 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:30 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:07 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn

Warnings: 0
Hawker5ive wrote:
$122,900 is basically an average win on Le Banquier, which I cover in our International section.

So no matter how you slice it, it's a big win. I love it when there's a good game on my birthday ;).

And for those wondering, I'm 135 years old today :D.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :smt023

Fan of classic rock and metal

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:35 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn

Another person from Wales takes him for a lot of money :)

The Banker and Wales do not mix, especially for him seeing how some Welsh people take him for big amounts ;)

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Saperogo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:35 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn

What made £21,000 a bad offer?

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:30 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn

I thought £21k was a very decent offer and for most contestants, I'd think no deal no dealing it was a bit on the reckless side.

However Gwyn's back story made the gamble totally logical.

Amazing

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:12 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn

WOW, WOW, WOW, :shock: :smt103 :smt119 ...........................................

BRILLIANT job Gwyn for undeniably having the GUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

WOW, WOW, WOW, :shock: :smt103 :smt119 ...........................................

As soon as I saw the final offer of £21,000 after already seeing that this thread was 4 pages long, I thought for sure this would just be a circa £20,000 Deal we could agree with, but I was shocked when I found out he No Dealt it and won the £75,000. For once, a player has the guts to win mega-money when it comes to the table, and he didn't need a ridiculously strong board AND rubbish offers to do it like Paddy, Marlene, and Nenad did. His 8 box offer was undoubtedly arguable either way and his final offer was as well, and though most would Deal the latter, he understandably figured £75,000 would be more than twice as much for him than £21,000 and £750 was a good consolation if it went wrong. That was by far the 2nd hardest earned and most deserved mega-money win this year, right behind Roy's. WELL DONE, GYWN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt023 :smt023

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:13 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn
Forum Games Moderator

I'm not sure how it was 'totally' logical to gamble at that stage, given that £750 wouldn't do for him what he wanted to do, but £21,000 absolutely would. That's as much as I got to know his story, anyway, so I don't know of anything other than that he wanted to go to Eiger to scatter his wife's ashes, which £21,000 would certainly enable him to do, but £750 never would. But he seemed confident he could arrange something else should he go away with £750, so yeah, fair enough; if there's actually no risk in taking the gamble, given that you'll be able to make the money elsewhere anyway, why not go for it? And it paid off, thankfully. :) :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn

Out of curiosity, was he offered the swap?

taff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:32 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn

That will have to go down as one of my all-time favourite games.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:38 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn
Global Moderator

Saperogo wrote:

Nope. Wasn't even mentioned. I was just waiting for the Banker to phone and offer it just before Noel pulled the seal.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Saperogo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:44 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn

Well, unless it was edited out, I think we can finally debunk American Coupon Boy's theory that the banker always offers the swap with a finish with at least one of the power 5. :smt023

(Unless I'm misremembering his theory... :ponder: )

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:59 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn

I expected the Banker to make a 3-box offer.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:10 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn

BankerSpanker wrote:
I expected the Banker to make a 3-box offer.

Ditto. 100% likely if it was the £250,000 instead of the £75,000

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:11 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn

Well after that appalling start I thought Gwyn was destined for a train wreck there. Would have urged him to cut his losses and take the 8 box offer personally, and certainly I would have said the final offer was a definite deal but he didn't and whether is was blinkered determination or faith in his box it paid off for him beautifully.

I'm happy to have been wrong on this occassion

Oh. and happy birthday Hawker5ive

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:47 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn
Forum Games Moderator

Yes, happy birthday Mark! :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

MsM

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:20 pm    Author: MsM    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn

Saperogo wrote:

No the box he chose was his late wife's birthday so he was never going to swap anyway.

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:50 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn

MsM wrote:
Saperogo wrote:

No the box he chose was his late wife's birthday so he was never going to swap anyway.

Yeah, there was no point in ruining the tension as it would have been a complete waste of time, and slightly disrespectful after the huge amount of personal belief he had in box 2.

Bevv

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:08 pm    Author: Bevv    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Gwyn

Best game for ages in my view.

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]