Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:23 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:23 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:52 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Round 6 - proveout

Box 18 with Rosie - £250

Box 10 with newbie Chantal - £50,000

One shot, says Noel. He remembers Olivia had the £250,000 at the end of her game as well, and wonders if it'll happen again here!

Box 21 with Montana - 50p

Banker time with £10 and £250,000 remaining.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

MsM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:52 pm    Author: MsM    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant

Blimey what are the chances of that?

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:53 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant
Global Moderator

Amazing, says Noel.

Banker's offer would've been:

£73,000

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:53 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant
Global Moderator

Grant says that would've been nice.

Noel reveals £250,000 in Grant's Box 16! :shock: :(

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:55 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant
Global Moderator

That is some relationship you have going there, says Noel, as Grant and Olivia could've won £500,000 between the two of them! :shock:

Box 3 with Douglas contains the £10.

Grant says that's very disappointing, but he's enjoyed the experience, and £14,000 will do loads for him and his family! :D :smt023 He performs a quick trick to end the game! :smt023

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:56 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant

A VERY deserved Player Spanking there. Grant should've either been PROPER cautious and dealt the 1st offer or been more brave and went on to 2 box. ANOTHER very easy mega-money win blown away. :roll:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

FergusSiraLexon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:57 pm    Author: FergusSiraLexon    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant

Do you think they edited out Noel asking about the swap?

Box 3 seemed to mean more to him than box 16, so I thought he was going to swap there.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:01 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant

I wish Noel didn't mention that looking for love rubbish.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:12 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant

Did not watch (last day of the cruise) but looks like another very cautious (x unlimited) deal and player. We all know he would not have won it.

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:15 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant
Forum Games Moderator

Mark, BankerSpanker, American Coupon Toddler: I present you with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vvU-Ajwbok

I think of that every time one of you posts...well, any comment at all, actually... :smt023

(Disclaimer if required - that's actually a fairly accurate representation of what goes on in my own mind on a constant basis, albeit in slightly different form; so I don't intend to make fun or mimic, or anything of that sort with this.)

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:27 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant

Well at least I've stopped posting stuff like
Quote:
TERRIBLE OFFER!!! :smt011 :smt019

Fan of classic rock and metal

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:29 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant

And I've stopped posting oh dear and if only moments, on this forum at least. :P

Oh, and to stay on topic, it's very ironic that Grant and Olivia are in a relationship, especially considering they had VERY similar games, with both having an insanely generous opening offer that tampers off in generosity, dealing at the lowest point in their game, having the £250,000 in their box, and, to put the cherry on top, holding the record for the highest value Player Spanking (Olivia holds it if you count hypo-swaps, Grant holds it if you don't).

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:03 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant
Forum Games Moderator

BankerSpanker wrote:
Well at least I've stopped posting stuff like
Quote:
TERRIBLE OFFER!!! :smt011 :smt019

You haven't stopped complaining constantly... that's the point... :blueponder

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant
Forum Games Moderator

Well, if I GoCompare him on this forum to him on 'the Dark Side', he's fairly subdued here... :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:31 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant

Tough game to play. An incredible strong start with 2 really good offers to start and then gradual erosion of the strong position to 8-box and 5-box boards where taking out the QM was going to mean either having to take a lower offer or risk going to the end. Sadly he had the QM in his box which meant that was never going to happen.

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:14 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant

Wasn't in for this game so will have to watch it back later as Grant sounded like quite an entertaining character.

£17,000 was certainly a generous opening offer but with a strong board it was probably worth another shot (certainly compared to Steph in January, who was offered £16,500 at the first offer after taking out £10k, £20k and £50k!) as another decent round would probably get a similarly generous offer. The £14k at 8-box was more cautious in comparison, but ultimately you'd have needed to keep all 3 big numbers in play for the offer to be significantly higher (and for all we knew at the time it could easily have been one of the other two going instead of the £35k in the next round).

I'm sure Grant and Olivia had a good laugh about the similarities in their games afterwards.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:12 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant

Such an odd game. The Banker really threw Grant with that high opening offer, then took advantage of the reaction to keep his offers in the same ballpark for as long as he could . It's just a shame that Grant had dealt by the time the board picked up significantly enough to force the Bankers hand

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:21 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 08/11 Grant

daniel123 wrote:

Very interesting sound clip. What is claudia schiffer effect style :suspect: :?

Anyway, with respect to ACB, kudos for calling the player spanking. The contestant could have dealt at 17box and then they could have called for a volunteer from the wings to play the rest of the board.

As Fergus said, I'd also love to know if the hyposwap was offered. The many cries from Noel for "proveouts with honesty" do not go unnoticed on this forum when a guaranteed swap would have been given in live play.

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]