Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:12 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:12 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:47 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special

Warnings: 0
ROUND 5 PROVEOUT

Box 8 Montana - £1,000 :?

Box 12 Gaz - £3,000 :?

Box 19 Zopaash - £5,000 :smt011

Fan of classic rock and metal

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:48 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special

Banker's offer would've been:

THE GOVERNOR £26,000

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:48 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special
Forum Games Moderator

Oopsy daisy.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:49 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special

FINAL ROUND PROVEOUT

Box 5 Julia - £250 :?

Box 13 Jafar - £100 :(

Box 17 Linah - £75,000

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:50 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special

Banker's offer would've been:

£70,000

WHATEVER! :roll:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:50 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special

Noel does the hypo-swap and brings Box 10 to the table. He opens the box to reveal £10 :shock:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:51 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special

Box 4 now with Pip contains the £250,000

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:51 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special
Global Moderator

Ooh, he would've given it away!

So, time for the extra bit.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:54 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special

HALLOWEEN HOOPLA

Practice Throw 1 - MISS
Practice Throw 2 - MISS
Practice Throw 3 - MISS

Throw 1 of 6 - MISS -£250
2 of 6 - MISS -£250
3 of 6 - MISS -£250
4 of 6 - MISS -£250
5 of 6 - MISS -£250
6 of 6 - HIT +£1,000

TOTAL WINNINGS: £9,750

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:54 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special
Global Moderator

Well, that was a better extra twist than the player two Halloweens ago who paid to use the catapult.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:07 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special

I found Ian funny on the wings but his game was ever so disappointing. Too much of the sob stories. :smt009

KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special
International Forums Moderator

Good use of the twist. Good play from the Banker, lowballing and still getting the player out. It's beginning to look a lot like his week, but there's always a big gambler in a theme week... Isn't there?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:06 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special

"I'm really good at hoopla."

Either he's lying or the pressure of being on TV got to him.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:12 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special

It's a shame that he wasn't as good at hoopla as he made himself out to be, but £9,750 isn't anything for a sane person to frown at.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:23 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special

You have to wonder how spontaneous Noel's suggestion was about the post-deal twist or whether someone had a quiet word in his earpiece to suggest it.

Not the most terrible deal, given a £250k/peanuts final 5 was going to not be a lot more than £10k and there was a more than 50% chance of not having one of the top 2 in play at 2-box (and had he though he could add 2-3K to his total from the twist, it wouldn't have been the worst deal in the world).

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:30 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special

An understandable Deal today, especially with the twist. Plus Ian already took a significant risk at 11 box. Well done, Ian. :smt023

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

jamie9456

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:55 pm    Author: jamie9456    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special

I was at the game of the newbie today. One to watch? My lips are sealed. :|

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special
Forum Games Moderator

I'm going to the Dark Side - I'm going to sign up to Digital Spy and sort these folks out... :P :smt023

Can't remember the board or anything, so I'm not going to sit here passing comment on the deal. Someone on the 'dark side' called it 'peanuts' though - well, yeah, I hope to be in a position within about a year, whereby I can call £10,000 peanuts. That's my ambition (and it's attainable, too). But until I reach that point, although its value should decrease relative to how comfortable I actually am, £10,000 will always have great value, to me anyway. And for Average Joe, £10,000 is life-changing. It would be for me at the moment, it'd set me up for what I want to do and I could use it as a springboard for that.

I'm glad we've never underestimated the value of money here. ;)

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:16 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Ian - Freaky Fun Fayre Halloween Special

Not a bad deal for the board, as others have noted the top two were horribly isolated and it could have gone easily wrong in the next round.

However whoever suggested that twist on the twist to Noel should be fired, that post game gamble was a complete disaster and not the feel good ending they were clearly striving for

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]