Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:53 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:53 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Brony

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:57 pm    Author: Brony    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley

Warnings: 0
American Coupon Boy wrote:
Finley, Finley, Finley,........................

IF ONLY you had A SINGLE gut!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Finley, Finley, Finley,........................

11 box 200% worth another round with a FAR less generous offer than the last one and 3 of the power 5 in play. If she intended to be anywhere near THAT cautious, she was stupid not to take the 2nd offer. The absolute RUBBISH offers after that were also definitely worth a punt, but obviously she would've dealt them all in an instant. People like Finley should be BANNED from this show, but of course money-saving Channel 4 likes to have players like her on to save money. :roll:

You are so mean! I hope you get a warnng by saying that! You must not have any frends! :smt018 :smt018

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:02 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley

He is probably very close at getting a temp ban.

Brony

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:12 pm    Author: Brony    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley

It servs him right!! :cry: :cry: :-D :-D :smt018 :girl :point

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:02 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley
Forum Games Moderator

Well, your intentions can't be questioned. :P :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Brony

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:19 pm    Author: Brony    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley

What? :blueponder :blueponder :blueponder :blueponder :blueponder :blueponder :blueponder :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

Brick

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:22 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley

Was Finley's deal cautious? Yes, although one thing I will say is that the lack of 'blocks' on that board meant the game was actually a little more precarious than it may have looked at first. I do think she perhaps rushed to ask for the question - the pause that followed it suggests she wasn't so sure about her answer. That said, if she'd turned down the 11-box offer, the likely result of that - rounds 4 and 5 having more big numbers, her dealing the 5-box offer to avoid crashing to a blue then having nearly the perfect round in proveout - might actually have been more painful than what actually happened. (Plus Simon would probably have got home a lot later :lol: )

Hope Finley did well in her exams. They might even have seemed easier going after that!

Last edited by Brick on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:25 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley
Forum Games Moderator

Brony wrote:
What?

Haha, sorry. I was saying you had good intentions when you wrote that. In more simple terms, I meant I agree with the general tone of what you were saying. If that makes sense. Sorry if it still doesn't. :lol: :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Brony

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:35 pm    Author: Brony    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

He's so mean! He's like the Gilda the Griffin from Season 1 Episode 5! :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: :-D :-D sdgthju

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:19 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley

Sorry, has the world gone MAD!?

Brony

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:25 pm    Author: Brony    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley

No... :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:33 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley

Oh. :smt009 :oops: :smt047 :smt047 :blueponder :blueponder :smt105 :smt059 :box: :box: :whyme

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:37 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley
Forum Games Moderator

Archstered wrote:
Sorry, has the world gone MAD!?

Yes... Bronies... EVERYWHERE.

That... and I just met a guy who didn't like the Looney Tunes. What is this world coming to? :shock: :smt105

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:42 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley

Skyline wrote:

That... and I just met a guy who didn't like the Looney Tunes. What is this world coming to? :shock: :smt105

Well I DESPISE Pinky and the Brain. :evil: Is that a sign the apocalypse is coming? :ponder:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Brony

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:42 pm    Author: Brony    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley

Bronies are just men who like My LIttle PPony Friendship is Magic! What's som ad about that? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :| :? :? 8) :-D

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:44 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley
Forum Games Moderator

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Skyline wrote:

Well I DESPISE Pinky and the Brain. :evil: Is that a sign the apocalypse is coming? :ponder:

Pinky & The Brain isn't a Looney Tunes cartoon... you hate it? Why is that so? :(

Brony wrote:
Bronies are just men who like My LIttle PPony Friendship is Magic! What's som ad about that? :roll:

Because it's meant for 8-year old girls...

Nah... this isn't me. Anyone can watch what they like. Heck... once in a blue moon I'll tune into The Jeremy Kyle Show for a cheap laugh. Who am I to judge?

It's just that... your obsession... is kind of scary. I hope you're not the kind of guy who collects all the My Little Pony Toys... :smt105 :smt105

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_aRKeDfqYo

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:48 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley

Skyline wrote:
Pinky & The Brain isn't a Looney Tunes cartoon... you hate it? Why is that so? :(

Well it's made by Warner Brothers, the same company that makes Looney Tunes. Anyway, I hate Pinky and the Brain because Pinky is just a brain-dead idiot who always stops Brain from taking over the world. Watching that gets VERY boring over time.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:51 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley
Forum Games Moderator

But it's not a Looney Tunes cartoon... and it wasn't made in Termite Terrace. But yeah. That's... kind of a lame excuse anyway. :P

Narf.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:20 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley

I think we're getting a bit off topic here.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:29 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley
International Forums Moderator

Still less painful than that proveout was.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:19 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Finley

That was a bit of a defeatest deal - Finey clearly shaken by the hits in that 3rd round - but to be fair to her it wasn't the best board to chase the £100,000 on and only the most single minded of players would have got as far as two box which was the only way to get more money.

I do think it would have been ironic if after Noel telling Finley the only ever 2nd box deal had been a disaster that had proved to be the top of the game

[ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]