Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:27 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:27 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:44 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 04/09 Jacquie

Warnings: 0
BankerSpanker wrote:
Same thing twice.

Double post? You've got to be kidding me! :roll: :lol:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:47 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 04/09 Jacquie
Forum Games Moderator

It's called an accident.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:35 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 04/09 Jacquie

Quite a tense ending there. Would not have taken the offer-formerly-known-as-the-bankers-gamble myself not with 1p on the table, but then again I said the same thing after Alice's game. Certainly £17,500 is a good result in my book regardless of what was on the table

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:19 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 04/09 Jacquie

Tense finish but kudos for how Noel handled it. The one thing the show can't be faulted on is its integrity.

Certainly £17,500 isn't the greatest offer on that finish and statistically you could argue that because of the better odds than yesterday's BG, it was an easier decision to accept it

BUT

£17,500 is an awful lot of money to gamble with no backup whatsoever.

beaker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:18 am    Author: beaker    Post subject: Re: 04/09 Jacquie

JoelDavies wrote:
Did anyone else think that she did actually mean to say DEAL the first time, but maybe regretted it so changed her mind the second time? It was amazing to be given a second opportunity...

Yep, think the producers went into a blind panic and told Noel to ask her again

Saperogo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:09 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 04/09 Jacquie

It does seem like offers have been improving lately. At the same time, we have seen many players play to at least 5-box, and many more people have been opening their box lately, albeit on low stakes boards (with the obvious exception of Paddy). So, as I said months ago when people were first complaining about the low offers, things will slowly but eventually improve.

One of my favorite movie quotes actually comes from a deleted scene. It goes something like "In order to create beautiful paintings, you need to use some dark colors." This stingy era, though admittedly pretty boring to sit through, will only make future games more exciting to watch.

That being said, today's player made the right decision, I think. A case can be made for gambling for the £100,000, but only if you are absolutely willing to accept the 50% chance that you have 1p, an amount with which you absolutely can't do anything. The £50,000 mean figure is very deceptive because it doesn't acknowledge the immense volatility of the board here. On the other hand, even if she had the £100,000 box (and she did), she can still do things with £17,500. Once she gets the £17,500 check, she's not going to remember the amount she could've had; on the other hand, if she had gambled and won 1p, she would have remembered that for the rest of her life.

Long story short, this was an exciting game, we've had several of those lately, offers this week have been statistically better than previous ones, and everyone should appreciate that overall player decisions have been tending toward gambling more so than they were earlier this year.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:31 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 04/09 Jacquie
Global Moderator

It's worth noting too that all the cautious advice given by the wings in the past months has, as Brick said after Nathan's game, been more down to them not wanting the player to crash to a blue, rather than pure bad board reading. I've lost count of how many times a winger has told the player they don't want them to win a blue; even a few players who ended ip taking significant risks in their games have said it.

This does seem to have toned down a bit now, as there aren't any 'overly cautious' advice offerers on the wings right now. (Will seems to be the complete opposite, from what I've observed; his game should be one to watch)

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

sonicrules

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:30 pm    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 04/09 Jacquie

Regarding the misunderstood Banker's Gamble I remember thinking at the time "she's got confused" she seemed to be awfully stressed and it was a very surprising decision, not surprised at all that someone got confused with the decision, in fact I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner! Really enjoyed the game though, on looking at the mean and the percentage the Banker offered they were excellent offers he made in this game.

£17,500 is still an awful lot of money so she shouldn't be too disheartened, it wasn't a sensible gamble with the 1p involved, I loved the chipped tooth story!

Rich: I'm not really sure what's going on, but could you give me a clear signal when you've won us some booze! lmao

Fave contestants: Joey and Siobhan (tied), Charly

Rossano, Wrighty and Morris

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]