Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:07 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:07 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:54 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Tia

Warnings: 0
Tia, Tia, Tia............

If only you had the guts!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

8 box was definitely worth another round with the jackpot still in play, along with 2 good safety nets and an offer of only 17% of the average. Why couldn't she have the Roy feeling or better yet the Nong feeling? Very much deserved to miss out on the 6th best finish AND become the new lowest seller of the £250,000.

At this rate we'll never have another quarter-millionaire. :roll:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Joel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:54 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Tia

I really hope ACB does the infamous saying so he can wave goodbye to his member capabilities on this forum.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:55 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Tia

Enjoy your ban, ACB. We won't be missing you; I can guarantee that much.

wkd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:05 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Tia

American Coupon Boy wrote:

If only you had the guts!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

8 box was definitely worth another round with the jackpot still in play, along with 2 good safety nets and an offer of only 17% of the average. Why couldn't she have the Roy feeling or better yet the Nong feeling? Very much deserved to miss out on the 6th best finish AND become the new lowest seller of the £250,000.

At this rate we'll never have another quarter-millionaire. :roll:

Ignoring the pejorative, judgemental claptrap it's hard to disagree with the underlying sentiment. A very poor deal on an objective standard. Maybe individual circumstances drove her to a deal, as the thought of going away with a blue is unthinkable. Still..........

Saperogo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:26 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Tia

...I'm going to do something I don't think I've ever done before, something unusual for me, but there's a first time for everything, I guess.

That was a poor offer, and that was a bad deal.

That being said, at least she still has £6,000, which is a lot more money than I have. It's a shame she had such a nasty proveout, but it is what it is.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:35 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Tia

Saperogo wrote:
...I'm going to do something I don't think I've ever done before, something unusual for me, but there's a first time for everything, I guess.

That was a poor offer, and that was a bad deal.

Wow, even Saperogo is calling it a bad Deal. :shock: :shock: That's all the confirmation I need; I'm definitely adding Tia to the Horrible Deals club. :twisted: :twisted:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:44 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Tia
Forum Games Moderator

Well, as for ACB's performance today....

Self-control executed to a degree, which is improvement on the last time something like this happened in a game, and so should be recognised. Not much, but a marginal improvement nonetheless. I'll protect a fellow member if I believe others are being overly harsh on him, and I think that's the case here despite everything he's said and done. :smt023

On to what really matters and, well, "oh dear" is the correct phrase for me. A mistake to deal at that point statistically speaking; a poor offer to deal at. An extremely unlucky proveout - proveout being something which no one deserves whether it goes their way or not, because it's purely luck and hypothetical offers (and so on).

£6,000 is a lot of money. I keep saying, I don't have that much. It would be wonderful, and she must be happy to have it; though that feeling may be overshadowed, for a time, by the thought of having more.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:45 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Tia
Global Moderator

Who'd have thought, when Katie C. broke Tolleck's/equaled Rob's record last July, that the record would be broken a further three times in under a year! (Though, if Kirsti and/or Lynda had had the Jackpot in their boxes, it would've just been the once!) :(

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:08 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Tia

At this rate the Banker will buy the £250k for 2p! :roll:
Might be exaggerating there

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Tia
International Forums Moderator

I'm glad Jeff's ill-deserved place in infamy has gone already, I'll say that much right away.

Nowhere near as bad a decision as Katie's, I'll say that too. She had Power 5 backups! Plural!!

The sort of offer you just expect to be auto-declined, even if it's out of internalised obligation a là 14-box offers. But it wasn't, and the Banker deserves his epic victory whether or not Tia deserves such a defeat (and she does still go away with a red).

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:17 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Tia

Not much I can add to what's been said. Didn't show signs of being incredibly cautious - the first few offers certainly weren't great but weren't terrible.

SURELY this record isn't going to be beaten.

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:46 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Tia

Did I hear Noel right when he said Jeff "broke a record that had been held for many years"?! I know DOND's filming schedule can give a warped sense of time but 2 months isn't what I'd define as "many years". Noel getting a bit carried away in the moment there.

The deal did feel cautious considering Tia still had some low reds and none of the lowest blues left in play, although at the same time the game was mostly hinging on one box, and it's usually a journey on thin ice to 5-box in that situation.

All in all, probably the harshest 'player spanking' we've ever seen from a deal, although at least Noel put things into perspective at the end, pointing out that £6k would actually do a lot for Tia. And it's good to see him do that - the Challenge TV repeats are in early 2007 right now, where a proveout like that would have produced a very different reaction from him... :x

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:44 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Tia

Ouch!

Even I'll concede that was a cautious deal. Would have said there was one more round in the game at least.

Hard to tell if Tia's deal was influenced by yesterday's game, or by her boyfriend in the audience, either way a harsh proveout. Underselling the £250k is one thing, but having the perfect proveout is salt in the wound

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:34 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Tia

1 was her birthday box if I remember correctly... so she may have swapped......

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]