Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:36 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:36 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

FergusSiraLexon

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:08 pm    Author: FergusSiraLexon    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff

Warnings: 0
People go on about box 22 being the killer but I reckon the 250K has been in box 4 more often than box 22.*

It looks like the worst deal ever in hindsight but remember, 7 of the 8 remaining boxes had less than £7,180 in them when Jeff dealt. So I don't think you can say it was a ridiculously cautious deal.

BTW - BankerSpanker's system said £7,482.65 was a fair 8-box offer with that configuration.

*I'm sure somebody has the figures which prove I'm completely wrong!

Joel

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:11 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff

FergusSiraLexon wrote:
People go on about box 22 being the killer but I reckon the 250K has been in box 4 more often than box 22.*

You mean box 3, right? Box 4 was the killer box in 2006/early 2007, but now box 3 seems to ONLY have big numbers. It's had only power 5 amounts for weeks on end now...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:20 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff

In case anyone didn't realize this yet, Jeff accomplished an EXTREMELY improbable event. He had the worst possible prove-out from 8 box in ascending order, which is a 1 in 40,320 chance. :shock: :shock: :shock: Needless to say that is a Deal or no Deal first.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:24 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff

So, so unfortunate.

So much so, that I reckon he burst into an alarming fit of hysterical laughter, which has carried on to this day.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:24 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff

American Coupon Boy wrote:
That was definitely a defeatist Deal and a very deserved Outright Player Loss and title of the show's biggest squanderer. :smt011 :smt011 :smt011 I'm tempted to bring back the OH DEAR moment, but I won't for the sake of the forum. Hopefully the wings learn from this game and don't offer just cautious advice anymore.

Achievement unlocked: You are now 2011 Mark on speed, with a dash of 2006-2013 Mad Mark, wakey1512, SRWilson, and basicasic for added measure.

Thank you, and good night.

KP

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:36 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff
International Forums Moderator

It's the second coming of Pete rather than the second coming of Katie (who is certainly a worthier recipient of the burden of the "worst deal ever" title).

That proveout is scarcely believable. To have two perfect rounds is 1 in 560. To do so *in that order*? 1 in 20,160 (and you can make that the 1 in 40,320 ACB quotes if you throw in the £250k being on the table too). Yes. That's roughly comparable with the probability of taking out the entire Power 5 in the opening round (1 in 26,334).

For that to happen in a configuration where many would have chased the game for the sake of chasing the game is just astounding. I was going to say "horrific", but that's a disservice. What happened in Oklahoma is horrific. This is just plain remarkable. And with Box 4 on the table, too! Are we sure this wasn't bad fanfiction written by a certain banned forum member...?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:42 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff

FergusSiraLexon wrote:
BTW - BankerSpanker's system said £7,482.65 was a fair 8-box offer with that configuration.

It's not my system. I use this Stat Generator here: http://www.bothersbar.co.uk/cellar/dornd.htm

Fan of classic rock and metal

jamesfish

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:28 pm    Author: jamesfish    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff

Is Lewis returning?

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:04 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff

Having the QM on the table with that 8-box board is bad enough, to do the proveout in the order he did was terrible luck.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:01 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff
Global Moderator

Does anyone have a full list of holders of the biggest loser record?

Going backwards, we have Jeff, Pete, Katie Chipchase, (Rob, if you include hypo-swaps), Tolleck, Melanie, Sylvia. Anyone know who came before her?

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

James1978

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:14 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff

First record was Natalie who sold it for £22k in Nov 2005. Then I don't believe anyone sold it for less until Debbie for £15k in June 2006. Then Ingerlise tied it, but nobody beat it until Sylvia as listed. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Mark

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:06 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff

If it was actually meant to be Lewis playing then a shame he had to leave... as the biggest Banker victory probably wouldn't have happened.

If Pete was watching, then I'm sure he is happy he doesn't hold the record now for the biggest loser.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:22 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff

Mark wrote:
If it was actually meant to be Lewis playing then a shame he had to leave... as the biggest Banker victory probably wouldn't have happened.

If Pete was watching, then I'm sure he is happy he doesn't hold the record now for the biggest loser.

According to his Facebook comment, while Pete was sympathetic towards Jeff, he was also very happy to lose his title.

Hopefully Jeff retains the title for a long time.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff
International Forums Moderator

I gather Lewis does come back, by the way. I suspect it was done at quite short notice as otherwise they'd probably have had him play a bit earlier. Unless they actually like the idea of building him up, possibly as a wing-walker, on his return...?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:45 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff

One day, someone will sell the quarter million for £500. And when that day arrives, expect both this forum and Digital Spy to go down, replaced temporarily by 404 error messages.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:54 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff

I'm waiting for the day when someone sells it for 2p. :D

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:03 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 22/05 Jeff

Maybe one day, someone will sell it for absolutely nothing, stating that they were too afraid to play the game, and they could not bear to deal with the Banker's mind games, taunting, and occasional offers of cheesy nibbles. The offer of a cheesy nibble can be especially scary to someone who is lactose intolerant ;).

Hell, maybe one day, someone will sell their box for a bag of Banker-approved cheesy nibbles. Now that would be something.

[ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]