Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:52 pm Last visit was: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:52 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Mark

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:53 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 14/05 Ratan

Warnings: 0
What's the lowest £75,000 has been sold for?

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:54 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 14/05 Ratan
Global Moderator

The big money came to the table at last, says Noel.

Box 14 with Phyllis contains the £250.

Ratan says £6,000 is still a good sum for him and his family. The Banker calls, and says he is not heartless; he gives Ratan his £20 back! :lol: :D

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Profile E-mail  

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:55 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 14/05 Ratan

I have to agree with you Mark that he wouldn't have won it. He would have dealt before 2box in any case. At least if the hyposwap had been offered and taken he would have had the satisfaction of a spanking and the mood would have been different.

Anyone have stats for the cheapest that the power5 amounts have been sold for? The only one I'm familiar with is 8k Rob.

Profile E-mail  

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:58 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 14/05 Ratan
Global Moderator

norwichdonder wrote:
Anyone have stats for the cheapest that the power5 amounts have been sold for? The only one I'm familiar with is 8k Rob.

£250,000 - £7,950 (Pete, 11/03/13)
£100,000 - £5,000 (Stan, 14/09/12)
£75,000 - £4,000 (Norma, 28/04/12)

I don't know the rest.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Profile E-mail  

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:07 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 14/05 Ratan

norwichdonder wrote:

Lowest sellers of each Power 5 amount:

£35,000: £3,000 David (10/11/2008)
£50,000: £3,400 Rachel (25/12/2006)
£75,000: £4,000 Norma (28/04/2012)
£100,000: £5,000 Stan (14/09/2012)
£250,000: £7,950 Pete (11/03/2013)

Now that I remember, I'm definitely adding David to the Horrible Deals club :twisted: (he over-cautiously Dealt that sum on a £100/£500/£3,000/£20,000/£35,000 5 box and declined the Banker's Gamble on a £100/£35,000 finish, after all).

Profile E-mail  

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:03 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 14/05 Ratan

My my, so much annoyance with today's game. And what's this about how cautious players should just deal the first offer? We all know how the forum would react if players started doing that.

£6,000 is still a lot of money and something incredible to win for just forty minutes of your time. So, hats off to you, Ratan! :smt023

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:07 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 14/05 Ratan

Thanks guys - your knowledge amazes me! Wow I don't know how I missed the game on the 11th March. That must have been incredible to watch! I'll have to a look at the commentary for that one.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:52 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 14/05 Ratan

If he'd taken one of the top 2 out from 8-box, the offer wouldn't have been much more than what he dealt and in live play, £75k/blue would have been less than £20k (as little as £16k maybe) so unlucky to have the big amount in his box because it would have taken a big gambler to win it today.

If Noel had said £75k/£50k was the 3rd best finish if he defined best as "the finish with least volatility and most backup if it went wrong" he might be right but if he takes the order as

£250k/£100k
£100k/£75k
£75k/£50k

I'll take the £250k/£75k and £250k/£50k final pairings every day over what he mentioned today.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:03 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: 14/05 Ratan

I have a lot of respect for those who work with the mentally ill, so hats off to Ratan. :smt023

Shame he had the £75K in his box, but I got the impression he would have dealt at 2-box anyway, so no point dwelling over it. £6K is still a lot of money, no shame in dealing that. However, it would have been a good idea to save the £20 bribe until 8-box, as he might have received a better offer! Ah well nevemind, well done Ratan! :)

“Tell me," Wittgenstein's asked a friend, "why do people always say, it was natural for man to assume that the sun went round the earth rather than that the earth was rotating?" His friend replied, "Well, obviously because it just looks as though the Sun is going round the Earth."
Wittgenstein replied, "Well, what would it have looked like if it had looked as though the Earth was rotating?”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:32 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 14/05 Ratan

Well that was one of the most reluctant sounding 'deals' I've heard in a while. Got the feeling Ratan wanted to go one more round but common sense prevailed. Unfortunate then that this is one occassion when a gamble would have paid off.

Certainly not a bad deal for the board as it stood at 8 box, just a shame he left the £75k so exposed so early in the game

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:43 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 14/05 Ratan
Forum Games Moderator

"The Banker" wrote:
I have a lot of respect for those who work with the mentally ill

:) As do I. I've benefited from the work of a handful of people in the field of mental health in recent years. (As astute eyes here may have guessed).

To have the compassion to wish to improve the lives of others less fortunate than yourself, and the passion to follow your dream of doing so all the way until you arrive there, and then the persistence to keep working on things when they don't work, the ability to empathise with other people and make them feel they aren't alone, I could go on much further but I won't. It takes a special sort of human being, of which there are comparatively few. :)

Onto the game and it looks at first glance like Ratan may have gone too early. Not sure I'd have taken his decision at that point either. But as I've only skim-read the commentary I can't/won't pass detailed comment/judgment. Yet. :P

For now all I can say is I assume £6,000 is to Ratan - as to me - life-changing. And congratulate him on winning that, regardless of how his proveout panned out.

:smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]