Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:35 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:35 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:06 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Due to Cheltenham running late due to bad weather, there is no show today.

At the moment, the Channel 4 schedules indicate that the show will be running a day behind for the rest of the week, with today's show tomorrow, tomorrow's show on Thursday, Thursday's on Friday, and Friday's on Saturday at 12:45pm.

Hope that's clear to everyone. :smt023

Stay tuned for further developments as they break. :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:42 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

On here it says it's on at 4:20pm

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/

But when I look on my TV it says it's not on at all... So I don't have a clue what's going on. :ponder:

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:52 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Probably at 5pm instead of Come Dine With Me...

foxyfilbert00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:55 pm    Author: foxyfilbert00    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Disgraceful that they appear to have binned it because of some stupid horse racing.
What weasels Channel 4 are!

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:58 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham
Forum Games Moderator

foxyfilbert00 wrote:
Disgraceful that they appear to have binned it because of some stupid horse racing.
What weasels Channel 4 are!

Come on guys, you can live without DoND for one day, right? :-D

...right? :? :eyes:

Last edited by Skyline on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:59 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

It's a smokescreen. The game must be one of such dire quality that even the evil forces at Endemol cannot stomach themselves to trasmit the tape. They've found a convincing way of scrapping the game and the 'late' running of the horse race is perfect.

Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:06 pm    Author: Brown Sauce    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Grrrrrrrr :(

foxyfilbert00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:25 pm    Author: foxyfilbert00    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

The worms at Channel 4 didn't even have the decency to announce that DOND was cancelled. Who cares about horse racing at Cheltenham apart from a few thousand spud pickers who have long term brain damage due to over imbibing that repulsive Guinness?

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:27 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Deal or No Deal just tweeted.

Sorry folks, today's show will now be shown on Saturday due to live coverage from Cheltenham.

We'll be back tomorrow at the later time of 4.20pm.

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:32 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

So when it's on tommorow we will know who's played and the amount won for when it's on Saturday...

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:36 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Mark wrote:
So when it's on tommorow we will know who's played and the amount won for when it's on Saturday...

Probably not... The show is 10 minutes shorter so there will be a lot more edited out I guess.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:38 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

"I'm so glad you came back for today's game! Yesterday was the most epic game with our FMQM along with the showing of the banker's face. Who knows what's in store for today?" (1p win)

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:40 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Whoever it is today for now Saturday... hoping for a much better game...

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:48 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

If it was a *big* win then they probably wouldn't have extended the Cheltenham coverage... So don't expect anything special is all I'm saying. ;)

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:53 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham
Forum Games Moderator

Mark wrote:
Whoever it is today for now Saturday... hoping for a much better game...

:ponder:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:00 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

They couldn't have just moved DOND to More4? I HATE YOU CHELTENHAM! :evil:

Fan of classic rock and metal

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:02 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Will it appear on the Ch 4 oD website today though??

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:05 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

rico7 wrote:
Will it appear on the Ch 4 oD website today though??

It's uploaded an hour after it's aired, isn't it? So should it be up now, or at 6:00pm? I guess we'll find out...

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:10 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

The warning signs are all in place. This is one that simply must be avoided, all the stops have been pulled out to ensure this isn't exposed to anybody. The confirmation comes from its placing in the schedule on Saturday. 12:45pm. A time when 50% of the nation are still in bed/having a sleepy breakfast and the other 50% are early risers, out the door and into the wild green yonder. No-one is watching TV, let alone Channel 4.

Perfect time to quietly broadcast the tape onto the airwaves, when most people will have forgotten that there wasn't even a game on Tuesday. Nice bit of planning here.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:04 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Folks, it's a game show. If it's not one for one day, the world will not end. I don't want this forum to stoop to the same level as Golden-Road.net (U.S. Price is Right fan forum notorious for its insanity; has a terrible reputation as a result).

And I guess psychokiller might have a point. Perhaps what would've been today's episode was so bad, the powers that be at Endemol and Channel 4 decided that it was simply not worth showing. I am certain that it involved a player winning a negative amount amount money for the first time in the show's history, and when that happened, the player proceeded to go on a rampage throughout the studio.

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]