Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:59 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:59 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:17 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

Warnings: 0
STATS AT FINAL 2 BOXES

Offer: £9,000
Mean: £17,500.25
FD: £8,816.27

Fan of classic rock and metal

Joel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:18 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

Noel reveals £35,000 in Kelly's box 3. :shock: :shock: :(

Joel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:18 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

Box 10 with Marcus has the 50p.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:19 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

Well, what a godawful finish to the week! :smt011

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:19 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

Was not even 1% brave enough to go for one more round...

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:19 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special
Global Moderator

Well, that's unlucky to bring £35,000 to the table, then wipe out most of the other big sums.

But, overall, a great week for the show, despite there being no OPWs.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:23 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

I have seen some games like that live where the player has horrible luck and it dents their confidence so much that they take ages to make easy-ish decisions. Frustrating to watch and a shame to end the week like this.

There's little chance she would have gambled £9k at the end judging by the way she played the game.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:24 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

At least, this week, it's 5-1 to the players! :D

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:24 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

BankerSpanker wrote:

Shoud have believed the big money was there, though she would probably have accepted the. two box offer.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:26 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

Mark wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:

Shoud have believed the big money was there, though she would probably have accepted the. two box offer.

I doubt she'd gamble with 50p there.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:27 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

The impression I get from the commentary as to Kelly's logic, and the *wisdom* of the fellow comrades, indicates that it's best I don't tune in anymore and that Endemol have already given up with filtering the applications.

It's a good job I opted out of tuning in, otherwise by now I fear my brain would have instinctively tried to shut down my circulatory system in an attempt to suffocate myself.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:19 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

This is the kind of game where I would have used the special box at 3-box; no point in using it before that or dealing any other offer, with a board like that.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:27 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

With the caution shown on the show at the moment by the players, I'm sometimes surprised they get to the studio at all.

I can imagine them standing outside the hotel wondering whether it's safe to get on the coach in case it crashes on the way to the studio. :D :D

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:05 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

Just out of interest, how long did this show actually take to film?

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:46 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

mr_northern_guy wrote:

I reckon that if you take a close enough look towards the end, you'll notice that everybody will have aged about 5 years.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:53 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

mr_northern_guy wrote:

Too bloody long! This was filmed on a Sunday, last game of the day, we wanted a great game or a quick game, but unfortunatly the boxes knocked hher confidance.

I went in the studio aged 18, I left feeling 84.

beaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:05 am    Author: beaker    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

What an annoying game! They seem to be coming up in abundance nowadays!

beaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:08 am    Author: beaker    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

Archstered wrote:
mr_northern_guy wrote:

Too bloody long! This was filmed on a Sunday, last game of the day, we wanted a great game or a quick game, but unfortunatly the boxes knocked hher confidance.

I went in the studio aged 18, I left feeling 84.

So how long then?

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:38 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special

Tough game. Kelly was clearly not the most confident of players from the outset and the worse the board got the more it dented what confidence she had. It's always tough when you strip out most of the power 5 whether you bring the big money to the table or not.

At least Kelly chose the right love box, for all the good it did her. With the benefit of hindsight perhaps this is one occassion when playing it in round 4 would have provided more of an advantage.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:36 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Kelly - Hollywood Heartthrobs Love Week Special
Forum Games Moderator

psychokiller wrote:
The impression I get from the commentary as to Kelly's logic, and the *wisdom* of the fellow comrades, indicates that it's best I don't tune in anymore and that Endemol have already given up with filtering the applications.

It's a good job I opted out of tuning in, otherwise by now I fear my brain would have instinctively tried to shut down my circulatory system in an attempt to suffocate myself.

Welcome to Exile! :D

It's been terrifically lonely here over the last 5 years...

As for Kelly, it was a shame that the earlier big hits had dented her confidence - as Simon said - enough that she parted with £35,000 quite easily in the end. She would have taken £9,000 though of course...but I couldn't help but feel there was another round in it at least.

£3,100 was too valuable to her smarting conscience, I suppose. Still, it's a decent return from a game where there is as much possibility of leaving with a sub-£1k amount, as there is of going home with a 4-or-5-or-6-figure sum. It's alright, is £3,100, and I'm sure it'll help her a great deal.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]