Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:36 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:36 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

thundercat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:58 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 04/02 Adam

Warnings: 0
If he had the 3k in his box would that have been one of the worst OPLs ever?

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:12 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 04/02 Adam

thundercat wrote:
If he had the 3k in his box would that have been one of the worst OPLs ever?

No becuase the first offer was less. :)

The best thing I can add is that £900 is an awful lot better than 50p.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

trustno1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:29 pm    Author: trustno1    Post subject: Re: 04/02 Adam

BankerSpanker wrote:
Noel looks at stuff from Adam's file. He was catapulted off a cliff in a canoe for charity! :o

ROUND 4

Box 18 Theo - £10

Banker time...

I thought he was still outside the studio. I didn't hear him get called back yesterday.

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:02 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 04/02 Adam

Sounds like a game that Adam brought a lot to, but the banker and the boxes didn't.

£900 was about as dealable as the offers got. The flight to Spain thrown in at the end sounded almost apologetic!

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:32 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 04/02 Adam
Forum Games Moderator

JoelDavies wrote:
For the second game in a row, my guess the amount choice gets to the last 2 boxes and the other amount is revealed! :roll:

Not much to say about that game really, apart from absolutely shocking luck. Ah well, unlucky, Adam.

I was correct though :smt023 :-D

Well, it's nice to see someone get something out of that game. £900 not a bad offer?

Sorry. I don't often lose my cool, but £900 is absolutely derisory. Box it back up and send it back to Mr Banker. :smt011

Say no more, I shall. Other than, that actually, his decision to deal was proven correct by its consequences...just that on reflection, he could have timed the deal better. But with £20k and £75k still there, he was hardly likely to deal...what was it, £3,000, £3,500?

So in the circumstances, £900 is a fair amount to go home with. Still a pathetic, pathetic, pathetic offer, however. (I don't care what percentage of the mean it was by the way - not today, anyway, I'm not level-headed enough to think of that today - ; I'm aware of that and still I think it was utterly awful).

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:34 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 04/02 Adam
Forum Games Moderator

Sorry, also, if I appear to just be levelling criticisms at the game; I'm not trying to, but I know that's how it probably looks.

It was an interesting game, and we've certainly had variety over the last few weeks. A lot of it!

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:08 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 04/02 Adam

A pretty much unavoidable trainwreck , shame really nut you can't legislate for the boxes.

Didn't expect Adam to deal the £900 though with hindsight somewhat relieved he did. Suspect there's a whole debate over whether £900 qualifies as a red (higher than £750) or a blue (under £1k) Personally I'd class it as the latter

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:47 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 04/02 Adam

daniel123 wrote:
So in the circumstances, £900 is a fair amount to go home with. Still a pathetic, pathetic, pathetic offer, however. (I don't care what percentage of the mean it was by the way - not today, anyway, I'm not level-headed enough to think of that today - ; I'm aware of that and still I think it was utterly awful).

It was 60% of the mean. That's equivalent to a £30k offer on a £100k/blue finish.

;) ;)

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:03 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 04/02 Adam
Forum Games Moderator

Simon F wrote:
daniel123 wrote:

It was 60% of the mean. That's equivalent to a £30k offer on a £100k/blue finish.

;) ;)

:unsure

Sensible head firmly back on, red mist completely disappeared, I suppose £900 was slightly better than I made it look. Slightly. ;)

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]