Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:04 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:04 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 6 posts ] 

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:53 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: My Recent Posts

Warnings: 0
Hello All.

When posting what I did, I didn't expect there to be quite the aftermath as what there has been, and I do apologise if I offended anyone, but the fact is, I am quite angry with myself for stooping to their level.

Can I say a big thanks to Daniel, who was really the only forum member to ask and question me about my comments, I think that helped me and others see what I was trying to get across. Also, I don't know if anyone has realised, but the "culprits" haven't bothered to speak to me, suggesting that they know I am right?

The thing is, this is a Deal or no Deal FANSITE FORUM, where members of the public, who do not watch Deal may come to see what true fans of the show feel about the show, and if there are long standing forum memers saying what they do say, then I know I wouldn't be watching. The reprecussions of this could result in lower viewing figures, and eventually endemol/channel 4 cutting the show. Drastic, I know, but you never know who reads the forums. Also, that would be a real shame to stop over 1 millions people of entertainment and viewing pleasure 6 days a week.

The fact also that I enjoyed coming onto this forum to see what people had to say, but constant moaning and bitching about the contestant, the show, the set, then Banker and Noel was just getting too intollerant, and I'm sure that many others were thinking what I did say.

Anyway, hope this has cleared things up for everyone that was concerned.

Archie.
X

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:08 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: My Recent Posts
Forum Games Moderator

Thank you, Archie. I think you have a point regarding the "culprits" involved; at least several of us did have that level of decency to speak to you about it all.

It's boiled over, and I think in certain situations you can't really make hide nor hare of what's in front of you until it's over, the red mist has disappeared and you're able to think clearly (clearer).

Which in my opinion is a contributor to the misunderstandings and conflicts we have here; people speaking in the heat of the moment. I mean, I'm not immune myself, I'm known to berate an early deal now and then, none of us are immune from it.
Maybe with DoND being the kind of interest it is, it attracts us people who are not as confident in reality, who can create an image by which we abide on here.

I wouldn't bet that some of the "culprit" members in question, are like that in their everyday lives, in short. The forum is like an escape to some of us.

Personally, I think it takes a good person - brave at that - to come on here and hold his hands up and apologise if he caused offence.

I don't reckon you've done yourself any harm in posting this Archie; far from it. (Thank you in turn, it was actually a really interesting mini-debate to partake in) :P :)

Just a shame that some of the other members concerned couldn't find the time to reply at any point, really.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:33 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: My Recent Posts

Totally agree with both posts here. Well said guys.

I've shot from the hip before in sheer frustration at some of the posts made in the game threads (Carrie's game from November being the main one and I almost did in Lisa's game too but didn't because it was Christmas Day) and the day after that I felt really bad about it!!

And one thing I have noticed (similar to Archstered's point about the lower viewing figures), it's noticeable to me how we don't get contestants post here any more. There was loads on here in 2006 and 07, but I can only remember 3 from the whole of 2012 (Carland, Darren and Scott)!

Of course they're going to run a mile if they're just going to get abused if thir games turn out badly!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:45 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: My Recent Posts

Hi James,

Nong also signed up thanks to another regular pilgrim, John Bristol, and I think she was quite upset about some of the comments she read about her £68,000 decision, she did read them.

Yes, people do have the right to say what they want and how they feel, and I did the same, but towards forum members not contestants :lol:

Thanks for replying.

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:43 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: My Recent Posts

I'm actually wondering if DOND's production team have started discouraging contestants from looking up internet threads about their games, or at least say they're doing so at their own risk. I agree that certain people here overstep the mark with their criticisms of players and their decisions, but then Digital Spy has an arguably worse reputation, a #dealornodeal search on Twitter will also probably make grim reading, and - perhaps most importantly - the show's own official Facebook page often has viewers posting insulting comments at players, so I wouldn't be surprised if Endemol was unkeen on contestants even looking there!

So overall, while it's a shame fewer contestants post nowadays, it's probably the result of a wider cultural shift, rather than simply a few keyboard warriors - although I'm all for bringing them down a few pegs...

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:23 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: My Recent Posts

Think you've hit the nail on the head there, Brick. I know I'm probably more defensive/sensitive than most people when it comes to that matter, but I remember the early days of the forum where we'd even get contestants go into the chatroom!! I purposely stay away from DS/Facebook for that exact reason!

I admit I'm no saint myself, indeed I often say stuff which maybe would offend contestants privately to my friends and family (though it tends to be more based on personality traits I dislike rather than bad outcomes of games), and indeed I've said something on those lines to another member here via PM regarding a someone on the 2006 repeats on Challenge - but would never dream of repeating it in a public forum where the people themselves could read the comments (or their F & F)!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 6 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]