Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:26 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:26 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: 10/01 Abi
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Noel introduces the game by promising us that the player will make it memorable! He then talks about how difficult the last two contestants found the game, despite them being used to dealing with young people.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

MsM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:05 pm    Author: MsM    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

It's going to be a very long game.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:06 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

Those are the worst earrings I have ever seen!

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

Abi has box 8 today.

She had a box yesterday. Hopefully that means she gets a good result today.

Noel jokes he thought of calling a sickie! Abigail (missed her surname) is a community support officer, helping people with disabilities, in... (drumroll) South Wales. Duh-duh-DUUUHHHH! She is constantly giggling through the introduction. Atop her box is a photo of her grandparents. "Where do they live?" "They live in a house..." Laughter.

Her mother, Mandy, is ill, and Noel wishes her well. Apparently she's also addicted to barbecues. I don't think there's a causal link.

Abi really is giggling. Noel jokes he wants to go home, and that he wants this game done as quickly as possible!

Nobody in the audience with her, Wakeyists can let out a cheer now.

No strategy, no system, just a blank stare. And a brief thought about her boyfriend's birthday.

Let the game begin!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:11 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

Too much messing about again as usual.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

ROUND 1

Noel wishes the entire audience good luck. And mentions the "South Wales ladies" trope.

Ahmed was apparently bought here by a limo, and jokes it was the wrong colour! Really? REALLY?

Box 18 (Ahmed) - £100

Box 12 (David) - £1,000
He called for a blue, may as well have been right.

Bronwyn plants at least 80 trees a day by hand, sometimes half as many again! Noel is headplanting the board for some reason. Oh it's to do with her doing it by hand, which got interpreted a bit differently by Bronwyn... Noel wants a ride in Ahmed's limo!
Box 9 (Bronwyn) - £1
Worth the wait?

"Where are you going?" "Oh, forget it." Noel fulfils an ambition of a few DoND fans by walking out! Then he gets called back by crowd chanting. Wearing a coat. "I'm going home in a minute."

Kimberly is asked to say something fascinating about herself. She talks about eating a garlic chicken yesterday, and Noel walks out again! He's in the editing booth! Now he comes back again. "I'll give you one more chance."
Box 1 (Kimberly) - £750
Expect very high early offers so that this game doesn't go on too long even on this board.

Box 22 (Jean) - 50p
Especially now.

Banker time

MsM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:12 pm    Author: MsM    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

Good opening round though

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:12 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi
Global Moderator

Well, amidst all the faffing about, that's a good opening round!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:13 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

The Banker is on the other line, trying to get the pale blue limo Ahmed wanted - it's being hired by Mario Balotelli at the moment. :smt046

Noel calls a break...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

A break before the offer. I HATE this channel! :smt011

This nonsense wouldn't happen if Noel didn't ask such stupid questions. No one cares about how many trees Bromwyn plants. :roll:

Last edited by BankerSpanker on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

That round took about 8 minutes...

I expect the offer will be around £13,000.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:16 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi
Global Moderator

The whole point of Deal (or No Deal ;) ) is to have fun, and win money. But with emphasis on the fun. Even if it sometimes gets out of hand. :roll:

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:16 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

Anything less than £15k would be rubbish.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:18 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

hogwild94 wrote:
The whole point of Deal (or No Deal ;) ) is to have fun, and win money. But with emphasis on the fun. Even if it sometimes gets out of hand. :roll:

For the purposes of this show, I tend to value money over fun because it's pretty obvious that I'm a capitalist.

That being said, a little fun never hurt anyone, but it starts to get annoying if the Funometer is turned up the maximum setting.

Charles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:19 pm    Author: Charles    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

BankerSpanker wrote:
Anything less than £15k would be rubbish.

Not true at all, we have had better starts that got less than £15K.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

That Victoria Plumb advert with the woman talking about being picky about her bathroom was hilarious in the context of earlier. ;)

Deal-Eye wants almost £17k already. Time to see what the Banker actually offers, as we're back from the first commercial interlude.

Oh it's people with learning difficulties she helps. And we have an interlude about her love of festivals, The Vaccines, and how she wants to go to Glastonbury.

"I'll make you an offer. Whatever she wins, I'll go halves," jokes Noel. The Banker says that with a young, attractive Welsh woman that was a rash comment! The Banker wants to make friends with Abi, who said she thought they already were! Hilariously, we get a card with "Wales" and "Portsmouth" marked out. Apparently they're 209 miles apart. And now a card showing Cardigan and Swansea, with a picture of a cardigan and swans by the sea. Oh there's another one? Oh it's a picture of whales.

Banker's offer:

£13,000

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:20 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

19 minutes to get to the first offer.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:20 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

Finally... first round is over... at 20 past!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

Portsmouth to Wales is not 209 miles. It's only 140 to get to Newport.

Abi says NO DEAL.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:22 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 10/01 Abi

Google says Wales is 214 miles from Portsmouth so I don't know where the Banker got 209. :blueponder

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]