Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:24 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:24 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Back to not disguising their desire to have everyone playing the twist then.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:50 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special

That was such a piss poor offer! The Banker was clearly forcing him to 5-box.

Fan of classic rock and metal

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:55 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special
Global Moderator

Ooh, now it's a scary board!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special
Administrator & Global Moderator

We're back

Round 5

9 - Paulina - £1,000

22 - Dan - £250

Noel says this is frightening.

5 - Bert - £15,000

Twist/banker time

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:00 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special

Big Christmas Dinner twist

The player will have to carry an item of food around whilst carrying out various tasks! The player will have to decide between slow cooking or fast cooking.

If the player goes for slow cooking, there's no downside if they drop the item of food, and the upside is winning a holiday. The time limit is 90 seconds.

If the player goes for fast cooking, the upside is winning a holiday and going on one box at a time, but the downside is that the banker will look inside the player's box if they drop the item of food. The time limit is 45 seconds.

Mark says he believes he has the £100k in his box, but he wants to take something away for his boys in case he hasn't. Mark chooses the slow cooking option.

Mark's about to start the task when the banker rings. He says it's touching that Mark wants to take something away for his boys, so Mark mustn't think about his boys while carrying the pea!

Mark manages to drink the sherry, but then drops the pea as he gets the tinsel out of the box!

Banker time

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:01 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special
Global Moderator

Well, that was a valiant effort. The twist does look a bit more doable now.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:02 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special

The banker talks to Mark about how he wants to ensure he takes something home for his boys.

Banker's offer:

£5,000 + a gold envelope containing the banker's best guess at what Mark wants to do for his boys

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special

The envelope is clearly going to be given to him if he wins a blue anyway.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:03 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special

Banker is up to his usual tricks again... he probably will deal this offer though.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special

Now £7k is a different matter. The final offer may be sub-£20k if they want an explosive ending so it may be worth dealing this.

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:03 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special

£7k is a good offer for the board, no matter what's in the envelope.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:04 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special

The banker rings and says the envelope may contain nothing, but Mark says he has no reason not to trust the banker. The banker rings and says he likes that, so he's upping the offer.

NEW OFFER

Banker's offer:

£7,000 + envelope

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:04 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special

And regardless of all the mind games about 'trust'...

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:06 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special

What's left, is it £100k and 4 blues (not watching)?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:06 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special
Global Moderator

Well, I don't blame him. Now lets hope for a favourable proveout.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:06 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special

The banker rings back and says he wants to clarify that if Mark says no deal, he'll take it as a slur on him. Noel asks Mark what he thinks is in the envelope and Mark says he has something in mind that he'd like it to be.

Mark says

DEAL

manred

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:07 pm    Author: manred    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special

well done on the offer .

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special

And that's what happens when Lisa openly calls out her regret. One of the most overtly Wakeyist contestants ever on the wings ends up dealing at the first remotely dealable offer.

manred

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:08 pm    Author: manred    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special

get in there

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:08 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/12 Mark - Boxing Day Big Christmas Dinner Special

He should be giving Lisa a share of that because she's probably saved him from a blue win.

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]