Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:55 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:55 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

Warnings: 0
Someone please tell Noel the difference between "going for it" and "winning". :roll:

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:29 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

Having been watching the Italian version of DOND recently where their equivalent of the Banker knows what's in the boxes, I almost want him to go for the fast food twist.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:29 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special
International Forums Moderator

I think we've seen the Banker look in the box on a configuration like this before.

And I think we've seen a player called Billy have this board before too, Dealing at £50k for an OPW...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:30 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

I can see his hand is shaking so he will probably choose the other option.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:30 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

This actually looks very difficult.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:32 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special
Administrator & Global Moderator

The banker rings and talks about the twist.

Noel says the pea is actually a pea within a pea (snooker ball size) which means it has a life of its own. Noel gives Billy a plate which he must carry the pea around on. He says if Billy drops the pea or touches it, then it's considered a foul.

Billy goes for the slow cooking option, so he has 90 seconds to complete the twist.

Billy attempts to perform the first task, which is to drink some sherry while holding the pea. However the pea drops off his plate!

Banker time

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:32 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

I have no idea what just happened...

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:33 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

The £26,000 I reckon if the Banker is being very kind.

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:33 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

Good on him for turning that down with a bigger downside and no bigger upside.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:34 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

The banker rings and says he wants some fun with Billy. He says Billy can go again and advance straight to the other tasks without drinking the sherry, but if Billy fails, he'll look in his box.

Billy says NO DEAL

The banker rings back.

Banker's offer:

£28,000

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:34 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

£28k. DEAL.

£75k/blue isn't very likely to be close to that IMO.

Last edited by Simon F on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:34 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

He probably will deal that as there isn't any time left for any "extra" offers if he no deals and doesn't discover the £250,000.

If he no deals, he's an OHO.

Last edited by Mark on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

I'd want to play on here. I'm not 100% certain I could with the 30% disaster chance.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:35 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

10% chance of an all-blue round. 60% chance of hitting the £250k! THINK ABOUT IT BILLY!

Fan of classic rock and metal

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:36 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

Brick wrote:
Someone please tell Noel the difference between "going for it" and "winning". :roll:

Thank you Banker! :D

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:37 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

Just over 5 minutes (or so) of the show left... he's dealing.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:38 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

Billy asks for some advice. Kris runs through what happens if he goes on, and Lisa says she promised Billy she wouldn't let him go away with a blue, but she can't keep that promise if he no deals. Mark says he has to keep the £250k to the end to get a much higher offer. Billy says it's very tempting.

The banker rings and says no man has won the £250k, but some have gone for it after turning down big money and losing it. He says the game doesn't know it's Christmas. Billy gets his family in the audience to join him at the table.

Billy says

DEAL

KP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:39 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

Neither decision unjustifiable. Let's hope this one works out.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:39 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

Well that guarantees a monetary offer at 2-box.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:40 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Billy - Big Christmas Dinner Christmas Eve Special

I sniff the Bankers Gamble... or whatever it's called these days...

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]