Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:01 am Last visit was: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:01 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:57 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

Warnings: 0
psychokiller wrote:
Mark wrote:
Oh David... David... David... if only you had just a bit more courage and more bravery... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Then you could have had your dream wedding... paid off ALL your debts (possibly)

Is this the new 'Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Oh Dear' ?

If so, just stop it.

No it isn't.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:59 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

Taking a safety first deal after an unsettling start to the game to shake his confidence... then to pull out the 1 in 56 and 1 in 10 perfect rounds like that ?

That's just awful. What the hell can you think to that ? At this rate, the next OPW will be in 25 years time.

Profile E-mail  

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:01 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

I seriously cannot stand 'bluephobes' on this show. :smt011
I also hate it when rounds like that happen after a deal.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Profile E-mail  

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:25 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

Was that John from this site Edmondo was chucking out into the car park?

Really glad they left that in :lol: I was afraid that wasn't going to make it into the final cut

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:30 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

Was it the first show you seen recorded live?

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:38 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

Mark wrote:
Was it the first show you seen recorded live?

Second pilgrimage actually

I did go to see Carland and Lily's games being recorded

If you recorded the show today, look 5 rows up when Edmondo is at the table doing the intro and that's me sitting in the middle of that row

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:41 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

richie4eva1 wrote:

Really glad they left that in :lol: I was afraid that wasn't going to make it into the final cut

No it was a different John (there are 3 who are regular pilgrims - this one has a reputation for being loud)

Perfectly sensible deal for me but horrible proveout

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:45 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

Simon F wrote:

No it was a different John (there are 3 who are regular pilgrims - this one has a reputation for being loud)

Thanks for that, Mr F :)

Holy understatement about the proveout thought, you wouldn't believe how stunned everyone was in the studio when he was left with those big two at the end....You could hear a pin drop it was THAT silent

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

psychokiller wrote:
Taking a safety first deal after an unsettling start to the game to shake his confidence... then to pull out the 1 in 56 and 1 in 10 perfect rounds like that ?

That's just awful. What the hell can you think to that ? At this rate, the next OPW will be in 25 years time.

Actually, I've just done my own analysis of the numbers, and at this rate, the next OPW will occur in the year 2097. Additionally, the next jackpot win will take place in the year 2243.

Beat that, stats mongers.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:00 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

Mad Mark wrote:
psychokiller wrote:

Actually, I've just done my own analysis of the numbers, and at this rate, the next OPW will occur in the year 2097. Additionaly, the next jackpot win will take place in the year 2243.

Aha, very nice work.

However, you were off with your previous £250,000 prediction by a long way...

I'm still waiting for my beer ! :D

Profile E-mail  

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:03 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David
Forum Games Moderator

Mad Mark wrote:
psychokiller wrote:

Actually, I've just done my own analysis of the numbers, and at this rate, the next OPW will occur in the year 2097. Additionaly, the next jackpot win will take place in the year 2243.

But I'll probably be dead by then :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Profile E-mail  

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:14 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

Skyline wrote:
Mad Mark wrote:
psychokiller wrote:

But I'll probably be dead by then :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

You don't know that. For all we know, the DoND.co.uk Department of Science for the Greater Advancement of the World (DDSGAW) could be working on some top-secret device that will allow us - and this entire forum - to stay completely intact forever.

Dr. Jordy Birch, world-renowned scientist and the man behind such groundbreaking inventions as Jordy Birch's Fun Machine and its follow-up device, Jordy Birch's Sad Machine, is presently working with his research team on an immortality device as we speak. It has the potential to change the world as we know it, my friends.

Just to prove my point, here is a promotional photo of Dr. Birch from the official launch of Jordy Birch's Fun Machine back in 2002.

...Hey, so that's where the money in DoND's 2012 budget went. Oh well. Science and innovation always trump all.

@psychokiller: Whenever I'm in your neck of the woods, hit me up, and you will get your beer, no strings attached. I may be Mad, but I am every bit a man of my word :).

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:56 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

At least he didn't win nowt though. ;-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:15 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

Mad Mark wrote:
@psychokiller: Whenever I'm in your neck of the woods, hit me up, and you will get your beer, no strings attached. I may be Mad, but I am every bit a man of my word :).

:notworthy:

Profile E-mail  

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:43 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

By the way, if anyone's interested, David hit a 1 in 792 chance of taking the lowest 7 blues from 12-box.

There was a 1 in 66 chance of ending up with the best possible finish at 12-box.

Profile E-mail  

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

richie4eva1 wrote:

As Simon said that John was the noisy one! Although Noel looked to be having fun he was really annoyed and John had a good telling off afterwards and has been strangly quiet ever since. However i was the person sat directly behind him when he shouted!!

Backstage tour No2 27 May 2013 - Quiz Prize
Creator of the "Scream Ending" (1p/£250k finish)

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:19 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

richie4eva1 wrote:
Simon F wrote:

Thanks for that, Mr F :)

Holy understatement about the proveout thought, you wouldn't believe how stunned everyone was in the studio when he was left with those big two at the end....You could hear a pin drop it was THAT silent

It's a bad feeling when that happens - especially when at the time, the deal could be justified.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:02 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

Chalk that one up as a victory for Team Hindsight. :roll:

A slightly cautious but not stupid deal followed by the cruelist of proveouts, David did not deserve that

When a players game gets off to such a bad start, it's always hard to tell if a good round is a brief respite or the turn of the tide. In this case David jumped the wrong way, but if he'd played on to an all blue finish the same people on here would be berating him for being greedy.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:48 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

BankerSpanker wrote:
I seriously cannot stand 'bluephobes' on this show. :smt011
I also hate it when rounds like that happen after a deal.

I stand by my prediction that the next power 5 win will be in 2020

Profile E-mail  

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:09 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 16/11 David

Today's show is on at 12:40PM. That is the earliest it has ever been on! :shock:
Next week's show is on a Sunday at 1:30PM.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Profile E-mail  
 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]