Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:03 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:03 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:52 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Warnings: 0
Simon F wrote:
Dond-knight wrote:

So what will we see tomorrow?

Another 1p club member?
Another missing out on the £250k?
Or someone chasing the big money and winning a blue?

Well..................................................

You'll have to wait and see.

Looks like one of those things does happen.........

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:55 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Mark wrote:
Simon F wrote:
Dond-knight wrote:

Another 1p club member?

Well, if so, then the tape should have been degaussed by now.

OR, re-used for recording and an episode of '8 out of 10 cats' taped over it.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:00 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Mark wrote:
Simon F wrote:
Dond-knight wrote:

Another 1p club member?

Or maybe I'm turning into the banker on Twitter and giving out false spoiler hints.... Maybe it's a boring game tomorrow and that's why it's on Saturday lunchtime like last time.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:56 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

James1978 wrote:
Right, I'm finally going to bite properly.

Mad Mark, for once can't you just SHUT THE DAMN F*** UP with your stupid petty insults towards a player who has been unlucky?? How do you think she'd feel if she came on this board and read your comments? You're basically calling her a stupid greedy idiot for simply having a trainwreck. You only have to read the "What would you have done today thread" to know most of us would have had the exact same predicament, and I'm 99% sure the same would have happened to you if you'd played that particualr game. It's not big and it's not clever.

And yeah, yeah, I can't take a joke or whatever and you're going to throw some insults back at me but I really couldn't give a flying f***. If you want to be funny then there's other ways of doing it.

I enjoyed the days when several contestants used to post here regaulrly and they ain't going to any more if they're just going called idiots if they made a wrong decison, I'd be deeply upset and offended if I ever went on the show and comments like this were made about me.

Oh and if I get banned or in trouble for making this post then I don't care either - if this is the way the forum's going to be from now on, I've had it with it and don't want to be part of it any more.

Rant over, good day.

U mad, James?

Reading that made me laugh. Hard :D.

If there's anyone who's fallen into my trap repeatedly, it's you, James. And it works. Every. Single. Time.

Thanks for brightening up my day, James. I really did need that. You're an absolute saint :).

*evil laugh*

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:04 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Bloody hell, this thread has made me smile tonight :D

I look forward to the devastation that will unfold on here following tomorrow's inevitable nightmare.

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:07 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Glad I could entertain you Mad Mark. NOT!!! :)

I would LOVE you to be one of these contestants and know how hard it is to make the right decision with hindsight. If something bad ever happens to you and you take it badly, I'll come and laugh at you then see how much you find it funny.

If you are just here for a joke then maybe think about how one of these contestants might feel if they read your comments? If it was you in Carrie's position and you read comments like you were maikng made towards you, would you honestly be able to laugh about it??? Really??? That's all I'm trying to do.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:12 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

''Hey, Carrie-Anne, what's your game now?
Can anybody play?
Hey, Carrie-Anne, what's your game now?
Can anybody play?''

:D

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:44 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

For what it's worth I'm with James on this one, Smithy notwithstanding the players this week have all made good decisions that one way or another have backfired on them, that doesn't make their games any less valid than someone who wins big. At the end of the day it's a game of luck and sometimes luck is on the Banker's side not the players. If you don't like it there are plenty of other channels you could be watching

And 'Mad' Mark - maybe it's time to face up to the fact that you're not half as funny as you think you are

Anyway No wrong decisions from Carrie, at least as far as the offers were concerned. Just damned unlucky when it came to picking boxes

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:46 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

I dunno, I think Mad Mark is quite the comedian :)

Maybe he went a bit too far today, but let's not villainise over one game !

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:49 am    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

psychokiller wrote:

I agree, it makes for an amusing thread (especially some of the reactions, sorry) despite the game itself being awful.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:57 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Dond-knight wrote:
psychokiller wrote:

I agree, it makes for an amusing thread (especially some of the reactions, sorry) despite the game itself being awful.

:smt038

(sorry Mark, I'm not sucking up to you, merely stating an observation !)

:D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:21 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Looks like we could be waiting until 2020 for the next power 5 win at this rate :(

And....SIX women in a row in the west wing now that Charlotte has replaced Mev?? Bloody hell! :shock: :shock: Sorry but that just looks SO wrong :x

Brick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:54 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Crikey, this thread's turning into an even bigger trainwreck than the game it's for... :laughing

So far, this has been one of the most punishing weeks ever, with pretty much every possible way to lose the game on show - the cautious deal punished, the sensible deal invalidated, the moderate gamble going wrong, the blue win from pushing one's luck and the blue win from having pretty much no luck at all. It's clearly taking its toll on some people...

Incidentally, what do people think of the new lighting scheme? Seems rather dim compared to the bright yellow and purple of old. Maybe they're using energy-saving lightbulbs to cut costs :lol: That said, it is kind of fitting, what with it being dark outside by the time the show's on.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:15 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Hi, longtime lurker finally coming out to say something. For what it's worth, I'm in the US and been a longtime fan of this show, though I have absolutely no means of watching any of it unless some random person uploads a show to YouTube. (At least four years ago, there was a site that uploaded the last ten minutes of the show, which was my only window into the DoND UK world... but that's gone now. Sigh.)

I can understand this is a dreadful week, but reading all five pages of this thread makes me really peeved. Granted, I can't actually watch the show and see all that is cause for complaints, but this game seems to have garnered such a high level of hostility, and for what reason? That it's a bad week? That the boxes haven't turned out the way they should be? That this show has been on for eight seasons and the luck of the players hasn't "improved"?

I was going to complain more about specific people and their almost-robotic responses to anything that happens in the game, but I just noticed upon logging in (for the first time in four years, actually) that I can restrict my viewing to just the commentator of the game, so I'm just going to use that. It's a shame, though; since I can't actually watch the games anymore, and I'm supremely annoyed by how everyone seems to attack the players for the randomness of the boxes and not the other way around, so now I'm restricted to just the contents of the boxes and the scattered descriptions of what happens in-game.

On a positive note, hogwild94, I thank you for being a great neutral commentator!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:18 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

psychokiller and Dond-knight, you seem to understand the real reason why I'm here. Hats off to you :smt023.

If it were up to me, I'd change the game a bit so that every player is guaranteed £1,000 if the keep the £250,000 in play during the first round of play. That way, if a trainwreck occurs, they still leave the game with something. No one wants to go home with chump change, right?

And James, I know you'd want nothing more than to have me dead. Believe me, I can tell. I'll say this, though: If I'm playing the game, I walk at between £30,000 and £50,000. If things are starting to suck, I walk at a mid-range four- or five-figure offer. I am not a gambler. If I take a risk, it's calculated, and not blind.

Oh, and I'm willing to bet that you'd probably never say any of that to me. It's fun typing things out just to get a reaction, right? I've been doing it here for six years, and I'll be damned if I ever stop. The Mad Mark who posts here is pretty much the same as the real-life one. What you see is what you get. Don't like it? There are other forums you can visit.

If you're going to make grandiose statements and / or claims, make sure you have the cojones to back them up. I can back almost anything I say up. I have to; I work in the journalism industry.

So put that in your red box and smoke it.

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:43 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

I don't want you dead at all Mad Mark - I just can't stand hostility towards contestants and wish you wouldn't aim your comments at them - more the show in general and/or production team. (Unless a contestant acts obnoxiously on the show but that's very rare). You have made me laugh on several occasions but insulting remarks aimed at contestants isn't one of them. There's different ways to entertain, that's all I'm saying.

And yes I would say the things I'm saying on here to your face if I had the chance but I can't as you're halfway round the globe! (Though I admit I went a bit over the top last night but I was just trying to make a point - I would try and do it sensibly if it was to your face).

And if a player walks at the range of money you say (30k - 50k) but sells the quarter-million in the process, or gets out when things are starting to go wrong but keeps the last big number which was in play in their box are you still going to call them an idiot then? I hope not. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:49 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

I just had to join in here, sorry! :P

The only thing I'll say on the subject is that people in the past were banned for being nowhere near as insulting as some of the material seen in here lately.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:10 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

I really don't know what I'm more annoyed at:

a) This game just being another throw-away trainwreck game
b) The stupid-looking row of 6 women in the West Wing
c) The looney bin that the game threads have become lately :(

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:41 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Seeing that I haven't been here for a while, I would go with option C.

But seriously, these kind of games that have been constantly happening is one of the many reasons why so many of us have lost huge interest in the show now. It just isn't what it used to be before and quite a lot of us have moved on to other things (The list is endless for a few members such as myself). If this was happening during 2008, you would expect me to go on a huge rant, but nowadays, these games happen regularly but you don't see me ranting on and on about it.

And Davey as always raises a great point, the reactions we're seeing here is nowhere near as bad as the 2008-era.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:49 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Are you sure that's what he said Killersbee?

Big-Davey wrote:
I just had to join in here, sorry! :P

The only thing I'll say on the subject is that people in the past were banned for being nowhere near as insulting as some of the material seen in here lately.

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]