Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:33 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:33 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:56 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Warnings: 0
Well that was just an unavoidable trainwreck all the way through. The only decent offer was £8,517.

One of the WORST weeks ever so far. With tomorrow's show being on at 12:55PM, I can't see many watching that.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Last edited by BankerSpanker on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:56 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

No Noel, you couldn't be here for 10 years on the trot and not expect to see that nightmare round.

Try 10 shows.

Noel said to 'kill the game off', that game should have been 'killed off' and wiped as soon as it was recorded. As the mother of a son born with AS and a huge fan of this show, a second chance show should have been recorded immediately to give Carrie the chance to win decent money.

As it is, it's £5. Ugly, ugly game.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:57 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

If it were up to me, this show would have been cancelled ages ago.
What's the total payout for this week? Six bucks or something? Frunking pathetic. Losers all.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:59 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Mad Mark wrote:
If it were up to me, this show would have been cancelled ages ago.
What's the total payout for this week? Six bucks or something? Frunking pathetic. Losers all.

So far, it's £30,005.01 which is just pathetic. It should've been far more but Smithy just had to chicken out at a lousy £9k. :roll:

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:02 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Ehh, close enough.

I'm sure the player was very embarassed when she had to show this awful piece of broadcasting to her family, especially her son, who's a big fan of the show and all that. I can visualize the tumult that resulted. Must've been pretty ugly.

"So you went on national televison and won five bucks, did you?"

"...Yeah."

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

*turns and walks out of the room*

Sad, sad crap.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:05 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

The Banker did say that it was a biblical week for him. And we've had this proven to us no end. They've shunted the Sunday episode to Saturday at 12.55pm for a reason. That reason being to discreetly air the inevitable depression at a time when as few people as possible will be watching.

They did a similar thing this year, I think. Might have been the £750 OPW show.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:35 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Well, if that's the case, allow me to offer you a list of possible predictions for Sunday's show:

1. We get member no. 99 in the Idiot Club, inching ever closer to the century mark. That H5 train's getting full...
2. Someone sells off the £250,000 again, for less than £5,000 this time.
3. We get another game where everything that can possibly go wrong does, and then we get some pathetic, God-awful sob story to boot.
4. Someone wins nothing.
5. Someone wins a negative amount of money, i.e. £-150.
6. Someone commits seppuku during a game. Okay, just kidding about that one.

And in case you're wondering, this is yet another Mad Mark Bold Prediction (TM).

KP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie
International Forums Moderator

psychokiller wrote:
The Banker did say that it was a biblical week for him. And we've had this proven to us no end. They've shunted the Sunday episode to Saturday at 12.55pm for a reason. That reason being to discreetly air the inevitable depression at a time when as few people as possible will be watching.

Hah!

The £750 OPW aired in primetime on a Saturday night against massive BBC One/ITV1 competition, which was a promotion when DoND was a serious hit in its own right in early 2006, but a definite relegation by 2012.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:00 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

I do remember someone getting offered £-250 as an opening offer. :lol:

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:00 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

KP wrote:
psychokiller wrote:

Hah!

The £750 OPW aired in primetime on a Saturday night against massive BBC One/ITV1 competition, which was a promotion when DoND was a serious hit in its own right in early 2006, but a definite relegation by 2012.

:smt026

Think I'll give tomorrow a miss then... well, I'll have no choice as I'll be in the NW of England come lunchtime.

:D

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:38 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Q: Why do the producers take so much delight in bringing us shows that present scenes of grandiose collapse? Do they really think people will enjoy or learn something from them? Is it part of a massive social experiment? Or are they all just a bunch of sick, twisted blastards?

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:10 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Right, I'm finally going to bite properly.

Mad Mark, for once can't you just SHUT THE DAMN F*** UP with your stupid petty insults towards a player who has been unlucky?? How do you think she'd feel if she came on this board and read your comments? You're basically calling her a stupid greedy idiot for simply having a trainwreck. You only have to read the "What would you have done today thread" to know most of us would have had the exact same predicament, and I'm 99% sure the same would have happened to you if you'd played that particualr game. It's not big and it's not clever.

And yeah, yeah, I can't take a joke or whatever and you're going to throw some insults back at me but I really couldn't give a flying f***. If you want to be funny then there's other ways of doing it.

I enjoyed the days when several contestants used to post here regaulrly and they ain't going to any more if they're just going called idiots if they made a wrong decison, I'd be deeply upset and offended if I ever went on the show and comments like this were made about me.

Oh and if I get banned or in trouble for making this post then I don't care either - if this is the way the forum's going to be from now on, I've had it with it and don't want to be part of it any more.

Rant over, good day.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:29 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

So, so far this week we've had:

Someone missing out on the £250k after taking a very questionable deal
An awful game where the contestant managed to get a respectable amount (£1,000)
Someone missing out on the £250k having taken a sensible deal
A new member of the 1p club, who rejected a very generous offer at 8 box
An unavoidable crash.

So what will we see tomorrow?

Another 1p club member?
Another missing out on the £250k?
Or someone chasing the big money and winning a blue?

All I can say is given how this week has gone so far, I'm delighted I won't be watching tomorrow.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:36 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Even Dond-Knight, a quiet and unassuming member of this forum, has voiced his concern.

''And it's a hard, and it's a hard, and it's a hard, and it's a hard..... I said a hard rain's gonna fall''...

:D

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:47 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

If tommorow's player crashes to a blue, I hope its due to reckless gambling rather than bad luck like Carrie had today, because then I won't feel sympathetic toward them.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:52 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Dond-knight wrote:
If tommorow's player crashes to a blue, I hope its due to reckless gambling rather than bad luck like Carrie had today, because then I won't feel sympathetic toward them.

Same here !

But to avoid getting the above 'Mad Mark' rant, I'd be respectful and stay quiet !!

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:22 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

A heartbreaking game to watch - if yesterday's game taught us not to turn down 2 generous offers, today's taught us that if you have a special number, don't take it out before you planned to.

Mad Mark - we have plenty of daytime quiz shows where contestants don't win a penny on more than a few episodes. It doesn't mean they shouldn't be broadcast.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:24 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Regarding said rant, I'm only saying what I think. I don't doubt we're on a terrible run of games at the moment and it feels like the players can't do right for doing wrong, but there's no need whatsoever to throw insults at them. I can totally understand everyone's gameply his week (possibly except Smithy but he didn't seem to be too bothered himself).

If someone turns down a massive offer (like say Corinne) and crashes then maybe I may feel different bt I don't feel the need to turn on everyone who has luck against them.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:42 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

I feel priviliged to have escaped such rants !

I haven't exactly been the nicest guy on here as it is !!

Only a matter of time until I get the expected villainising !!

''Oh, I'm the chaningman''....

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:44 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Carrie

Dond-knight wrote:

So what will we see tomorrow?

Another 1p club member?
Another missing out on the £250k?
Or someone chasing the big money and winning a blue?

Well..................................................

You'll have to wait and see.

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]