Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:59 am Last visit was: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:59 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:48 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty

Warnings: 0
£20,000?

DEAL NOW!!!

Fan of classic rock and metal

Profile E-mail  

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:49 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty

If she doesn't deal here she's an OHO.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:49 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty
Global Moderator

Betty says that is amazing. Teresa says, if Betty hits the £250,000, she won't get that much money again. Some of the others offer advice as well.

Betty says:

DEAL

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Profile E-mail  

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:51 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty
Global Moderator

Round 6 - proveout

Box 14 with Pat - £5

Box 12 with Jo - £10,000

Noel says the £250,000 has been on the table a lot lately.

Box 15 with Zeny - £50

Banker time with £10 and £250,000 remaining.

Profile E-mail  

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:52 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty
Global Moderator

Banker's offer would've been:

£78,000

Profile E-mail  

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:52 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty
Global Moderator

Noel reveals £250,000 in Betty's Box 16! :shock: :(

Profile E-mail  

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:53 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty

Oh... Betty, Betty, Betty...

Last edited by Mark on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:53 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty
Global Moderator

Players keep picking the £250,000, but not winning it, says Noel. :roll:

Box 9 with newbie Sue contains the £10.

Betty says she couldn't take the risk, and £20,000 is a lot of money for her! :D

Profile E-mail  

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:53 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty

60% chance of hitting the £250k. She was ever so unlucky to have it in her box. :(

Profile E-mail  

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:56 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty

Mark wrote:
Oh... Betty, Betty, Betty...

Hello, Frank Spencer :D

Profile E-mail  

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:07 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty

Can we just assume that this is just one of the worst runs of shows in Deal history? I think about two of the last ten or so episodes have had some sort of redeemable quality to them. The rest, including this one, have been complete and utter crap.

I have a theory that this has all been orchestrated by the producers, who have gone into damage control mode because they've gone significantly over their budget for this season. Of course, I run the risk of being wrong about this, but then again, that's how all Mad Mark Bold Predictions (TM) work.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:10 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty

There hasn't been a proper player who's brave enough to go for it since Scott / Nong...

The Banker will have loved this game and Smithy's as he has saved himself paying out £501,000.

As he said on Twitter that this is an epic week for the show, I expect by Saturdays show that amount will be nearer the £ 1 million mark.

Last edited by Mark on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:10 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty

No arguments with that deal even though she had £250k. That offer was too good to turn down and she did not deserve that proveout.

What I want to know is, does a world cruise REALLY cost £30,000 if you want a window? How does that cost an extra £21,000? :blueponder

Profile E-mail  

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:12 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty

BankerSpanker wrote:
What I want to know is, does a world cruise REALLY cost £30,000 if you want a window? How does that cost an extra £21,000? :blueponder

Nope... been on two cruises with windows / Balcony's and didn't cost as high as that!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty
International Forums Moderator

On the cruise subject - a) Now I understand Mark better, if he's bought up in a family that has been able to afford multiple cruises; b) round the world cruises do indeed range from £9k to £30k per person, but the latter is for a suite, not just a window. (Evdence from the P&O website.)

Perfectly reasonable decision. Deserved better.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:09 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty

Mad Mark wrote:
I have a theory that this has all been orchestrated by the producers, who have gone into damage control mode because they've gone significantly over their budget for this season. Of course, I run the risk of being wrong about this, but then again, that's how all Mad Mark Bold Predictions (TM) work.

I do actually have a theory that the production team pick cautious players to save money. If all players went to the end, a week of one player having £250k at the table and the rest having blues is much would cost them a lot more in the long run than 6 averaging wins of £10k - £20k or so.

Think Nong and Scott left them a bit short. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

BrianR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:36 pm    Author: BrianR    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty

Betty proved me wrong for going on when she Did

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:12 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty

Nothing wrong with the deal today apart from the fact that she had the £250k in her box and that isn't anything that players can do anything about.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:19 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty

Simon F wrote:
Nothing wrong with the deal today apart from the fact that she had the £250k in her box and that isn't anything that players can do anything about.

Nothing wrong with the deal indeed... but it's another player who missed out on the £250,000! If she had gone on, we all know the Banker would have done his trick and made "extra" offers.

You of course knew about this game seeing as you are in the audience tomorrow... let's hope tomorrow is a better game than today's and Mondays... but I very much doubt it as to what the Banker said on Twitter..."epic week"

And the last Betty that was on the show played in the Live Shows last year.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:01 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 07/11 Betty

Mark wrote:
You of course knew about this game seeing as you are in the audience tomorrow

Yes I did.
Mark wrote:
... let's hope tomorrow is a better game than today's and Mondays... but I very much doubt it as to what the Banker said on Twitter..."epic week"

I couldn't possibly comment.

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]