Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:33 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: 23/09 Simon

Warnings: 0
''Grab your box and open it - DON'T be shy'' - the Channel 4 announcer providing a slightly suggesting intro there !

Ah, it's 2:30 exactly and it's Sunday :D

Noel talks about how strange that the games in the last week have been following the same pattern, where the 'middle values' leave the game early, leaving big decisions on tiny vs. huge value boards. He makes it clear that £10,000 is a large amount of money.

And playing today is..... SIMON !!

...who drops his photo

KP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/09
International Forums Moderator

I spoke to Simon after either Chloe's or Theo's game and gave him some key probabilities quickly. Wonder if he remembered any as this was recorded on the next Monday (or was there a dark week?).

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:36 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

Simon Collins is a Van Driver from Leicester.

He has a little 'Night Nurse' figure, given to him by his wife Angie as a good luck charm. He shows us a family photo, which includes him and his wife and his mother and father. His mother, Tina, passed away in 2009 and she is the reason why Simon is here today.

He applied for the show in 2010, which means he had to wait a fairly average 2 years to come on.

He has Box 22.

Here we go...

Last edited by psychokiller on Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:38 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon
Global Moderator

Thank you psychokiller for steeping in today! :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:39 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

Round 1:

Mo (Box 3) - £50

Nick (Box 19) - 10p

Phil (Box 5) - £750

Robbie (Box 13) - 1p

PENNY KISS !

Seriously though, let's have an all blue opener...

Alice (Box 11) - £50,000 :(

Sting in the tail...

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:39 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

Bizarrely, after Ben's game and Noel's intro, taking out a red then might have made Simon's early decisions a bit easier.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:41 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

Looking at the time of the first break, at least we won't get another third round deal.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

Simon F wrote:
Bizarrely, after Ben's game and Noel's intro, taking out a red then might have made Simon's early decisions a bit easier.

Except it evidently didn't. We may be in for a record-equalling run of three 11-box Deals in five games if this board gets volatile.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:42 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

The Banker is sick of contestants blubbering and states that he isn't made of tissues. He has been keeping an eye on Simon and has noted that he makes guesses of the offers he makes.

Simon guesses it's going to be £11,000.

He's right !

Simon says that a good start is actually quite difficult to make decisions on. But he's ready...

NO DEAL

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:44 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

That first part went quickly, or maybe it just felt like that because of how the first half of Ben's game went.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:47 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

That's not much of a sting in the tail there. And it might be the offer, too.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:48 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

We're back !

Also in the audience is his mate, Alan.

Parminder (Box 15) - £1,000

(Bill) Haley (Box 21) - £500

Zara (Box 1) - £15,000

That was a quick round... :o

Last edited by psychokiller on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:49 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

Zero banter with the wings so far during the rounds :?

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:49 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

Simon has a guess at the offer... he says £17,000, then changes it to £15,000

It is... £15,000

KP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

£15,000 was always a likely offer, I was wondering if it might be £16,500 as that's a recurring motif from previous eras and also the sum of the boxes he hit.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:49 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

Another player who seems who has a target...

KP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

Gill has probably sabotaged this game in terms of the life-changing money.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:54 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

Ohhhhhh, I think Gill has hinted at a target !

THIS could be remarkable. Gill speaks to the Banker... she jokes that the target was £180,000 and that she's not into bribery... and hangs up on the bugger.

Gill was offered £250 to give Simon's target and she's refused. That's pretty good lady !

Simon wants money for his mates' daughters' wedding and says about £3,000 would be good to put towards it. There is some talk of toilets and caravans, plus a house in Cornwall and a trip to Jamaica. Oh, and a bathroom ! Boy...

Question time ! It's a...

NO DEAL

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:56 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

Gill (Box 14) - £5,000

John (Box 20) - £100,000

There is more pressure now and Noel calls a break...

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:02 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Simon

We're back !

Noel applying Mally logic to Steve's box... someone give him a smack !

Steve (Box 16) - £5

Simon thinks the offer will be £12,500.

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]