Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:11 am Last visit was: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:11 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:02 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo

Warnings: 0
When's this next on 4seven ? I failed to record the chant :(

Profile E-mail  

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:04 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo

4seven shows an episode at 10am (I think) 7 days after first transmission. So it'll be next Thursday.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:09 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo

Brick wrote:
4seven shows an episode at 10am (I think) 7 days after first transmission. So it'll be next Thursday.

Aw, rats ! I'm in college then :(

Never mind.

Profile E-mail  

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:27 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo

I tuned in from 11-box so also missed the opening round crash and the chant. £5k did seem generous for a £50k-high 11-box, although the low reds did mean the board was more in Flo's favour than it perhaps initially looked. The opening clearly knocked her for six and the banker's mind games by not increaing the £5k offer when everyone expected him to didn't help either (although to be fair, each round involved a significant red going, which justified not raising the offer).

Ultimately a good result for the birthday girl, and the cake at the end was a nice touch. Noel said she should have just gone to the end regardless and saved them the turmoil, but the game probably wouldn't have taken much longer if she'd dealt at 11-box either... ;-)

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:23 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo

Simon F wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:
I had to MUTE the TV. That chant was UNBEARABLE! It was so much worse than you know... THAT chant!

AAAAARRRGHHH!! SHUT UP!!! :evil:

Just be thankful you weren't in the audience that day and had to perform it.

Give over! It was fun! :P

(Spoil sport!! :smt019 )

Profile E-mail  

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:39 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo

Just recorded the chant off 4Seven and I have to say, as a one off or a rarity, it is a chuckle ! :P

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:30 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo
International Forums Moderator

I enjoyed the chant, in a really bizarre way.

We saw this game from the back of the East Wing seating block, because at the time it was figured that my contribution to Theo's game would make the edit (it didn't) and they didn't want to make it clear they had the same audience in for this game!

Actually, for either this or Ben's game, they were running so short on audience members they dragged a couple of people in from the Boca coffee bar place near the Paintworks entrance, and ended up getting two people who were running through a performance management meeting :P They actually literally carried on with it during recording breaks in the game, too...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:27 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo

StatsMan wrote:
Simon F wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:
I had to MUTE the TV. That chant was UNBEARABLE! It was so much worse than you know... THAT chant!

AAAAARRRGHHH!! SHUT UP!!! :evil:

Just be thankful you weren't in the audience that day and had to perform it.

Give over! It was fun! :P

(Spoil sport!! :smt019 )

I was only kidding.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:29 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo

KP wrote:
Actually, for either this or Ben's game, they were running so short on audience members they dragged a couple of people in from the Boca coffee bar place near the Paintworks entrance, and ended up getting two people who were running through a performance management meeting :P They actually literally carried on with it during recording breaks in the game, too...

It was this game - made a mockery of the pilgrims being told they can't take writing materials into the Dream Factory. :smt046

Charles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:44 pm    Author: Charles    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo

Mark wrote:
Worth going for, two good amounts below that, apart from the 50p.

It is utterly meaningless for you to say it is worth going for because I can bet there is no board when you would say that it is not worth going for, you just want all players to go to the end which is insane.

But actually this one was not worth going for because the only way to get any more money would be to keep the £50K in play, and there was 60% chance that would not happen and as we saw it did not happen.

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:04 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo

And it's taken you nearly 3 weeks to write that? :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Charles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:32 am    Author: Charles    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo

James1978 wrote:

I can't watch every show on TV due to university, so I watch the ones I miss on 4od and I am a few weeks behind with that.

Profile E-mail  

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:52 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo

Charles wrote:
James1978 wrote:

I can't watch every show on TV due to university, so I watch the ones I miss on 4od and I am a few weeks behind with that.

And then you revive old topics to make a point that the Markbot will time and time again fail to process.

You're fighting a losing battle. Stop now.

Profile E-mail  

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:43 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo
Forum Games Moderator

Charles wrote:
Mark wrote:
Worth going for, two good amounts below that, apart from the 50p.

It is utterly meaningless for you to say it is worth going for because I can bet there is no board when you would say that it is not worth going for, you just want all players to go to the end which is insane.

But actually this one was not worth going for because the only way to get any more money would be to keep the £50K in play, and there was 60% chance that would not happen and as we saw it did not happen.

It is utterly meaningless to revive old topics for games that aired 3 weeks ago just to post something that Mark won't listen to anyway.

Let's start posting... meaningful posts, shall we? ;P

Profile E-mail  

Charles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:47 pm    Author: Charles    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo

psychokiller wrote:
And then you revive old topics to make a point that the Markbot will time and time again fail to process.

Nope, if someone doesn't listen to you it does not mean you are losing, it means they are giving up.

Profile E-mail  

Charles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:48 pm    Author: Charles    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo

Skyline wrote:
It is utterly meaningless to revive old topics for games that aired 3 weeks ago just to post something that Mark won't listen to anyway.

Let's start posting... meaningful posts, shall we? ;P

I would not assume that Mark won't listen, but if he doesn't then I win.

Profile E-mail  

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:15 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Flo

Charles wrote:
psychokiller wrote:

Nope, if someone doesn't listen to you it does not mean you are losing, it means they are giving up.

Really.

You must be quite the psychologist then.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]