Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:46 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:46 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:52 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
You were destined to leave Bristol a wealthy man, says Noel.

Box 10 with Kat contains the £500.

Noel says Stan has seen some telling games on the wings, and hasn't seen any big money come to the table. Stan says £5,000 is still a lot of money, and will do lots for him and his family. :D

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

cfd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:54 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan

I think he was a bit unlucky there.

£5k was NOT a bad offer. It obviously looks terrible compared to what ended up in his box, but he had a one box game with very little backup.

Add that to the fact all the recent games these deals have actually turned out to be correct and you can see why he took it.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:56 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan

I found it really annoying the way Noel kept mentioning the things Stan wanted to do. STOP RUBBING IT IN! :evil:

Fan of classic rock and metal

harper2704

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:59 pm    Author: harper2704    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan

The problem is when players come on and make it too personal with dreams and wanting to help the family, they are inevitably bought on the cheap as they aren't brave enough to take the risk for fear of feeling like a disappointment and guilty for letting others down. If I went on it would be my game, my money, whatever happens happens, and if I won big THEN I would share it around, but I wouldn't think about anyone else during my game. Maybe that sounds selfish but its literally a once in a lifetime opportunity so to heck with everyone else.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:00 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan

BankerSpanker wrote:
I found it really annoying the way Noel kept mentioning the things Stan wanted to do. STOP RUBBING IT IN! :evil:

Quite a lot of this is tension building, with maybe a bit of it being filler.

Either way, I can remember the days when it was far worse...

cfd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:12 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan

I think a bit of it was filler. Down to 2-box I noticed 12 mins left on the clock. I thought we were going to see a bizarre bankers gamble. Instead I imagine someone was speaking in noels ear going "drag it out! Drag it out!"

dougal18

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:20 pm    Author: dougal18    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan

After 5 games where no players have been in live play at 5-box and have got away with murder it's refreshing to see someone utterly smashed.

Red Box

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:47 pm    Author: Red Box    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan

It seems a long time since the last Banker's Gamble -could anyone tell me when the last one was?

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan
International Forums Moderator

Crikey, you could hardly ask for a worse combination of board and player to accompany a six-figure sum on the table. I think a lot of people would have chased that even if it wasn't necessarily the right thing to do for their utility curves, and it's a huge relief for the Banker that Stan was not one of those.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:08 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan

Red Box wrote:
It seems a long time since the last Banker's Gamble -could anyone tell me when the last one was?

Tony on July 24th.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:21 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan

Mark wrote:
Well only he has himself to blame for not getting an extra £95,000... the Banker got him VERY cheap...

Though, he probably would have dealt at £26,000

Is that the lowest the £100,000 has been sold for?

The lowest previous which I can remember is £6k, I remember the banker making an offer of £5,999 shortly after with £100k and 4 blues, it was dealt but not in the box.

That must be the first time this season that Noel has opened a power 5 at the end of the game and it not been won (Ady swapped it away, Nong and Scott won their sums in the box). :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:19 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan

James1978 wrote:
That must be the first time this season that Noel has opened a power 5 at the end of the game and it not been won (Ady swapped it away, Nong and Scott won their sums in the box). :(

Don't forget Andy ! :)

Seriously though, that is remarkable. I make it the first Power 5 amount opened on the pound table not to be won since Agnes during Gold Medel Deal, that's 7 weeks I make it ? Wow.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:26 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan

I'd forgotten Andy becuase he did actually win that amount, oops soory! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

BrianR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:25 pm    Author: BrianR    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan

Another game where an older player takes the safety first decision.

I don't think it can be be a coincidence that its only ladies of a certian age range who.have won the 250k.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:36 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan

BrianR wrote:
Another game where an older player takes the safety first decision.

I don't think it can be be a coincidence that its only ladies of a certian age range who.have won the 250k.

I think if DOND started having Million Pound Drop's age criteria for contestants (i.e. most contestants less than 40), then they'd start getting complaints.

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:54 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan

I did feel sorry for Stan during that game. It was very unlucky to choose a big number at the start then quickly lose all the others while keeping the 1p and 10p in play. While the 8-box deal was perhaps cautious, most players probably wouldn't be offered much more on that board (note how one person slagging Stan off actually said it was a "very good offer" to begin with), and at least Stan was honest with himself afterwards that he wouldn't have taken that very big gamble at the end.

Unfortunately Stan does now have the title of the lowest selling of the £100k, beating Christine's record of £6k in March 2007. This does mean we've now had the top 3 all sold for record low amounts this year, following Norma and Katie's underselling of the £75k and £250k respectively. Probably more coincidence than anything else - we've also had one of the highest ever offers to be rejected and some other crazy no-deals this year to redress the balance a bit! :laughing

Littlefrank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:24 pm    Author: Littlefrank    Post subject: Re: 14/09 Stan

harper2704 wrote:
The problem is when players come on and make it too personal with dreams and wanting to help the family, they are inevitably bought on the cheap as they aren't brave enough to take the risk for fear of feeling like a disappointment and guilty for letting others down. If I went on it would be my game, my money, whatever happens happens, and if I won big THEN I would share it around, but I wouldn't think about anyone else during my game. Maybe that sounds selfish but its literally a once in a lifetime opportunity so to heck with everyone else.

Congratulations you are entirely right....and in no way selfish. Get this people, it is a GAME! And as such if the banker can get you cheap he will. This was part of my game play and he well knew that the offers would have to be good this is why deal eye went off the scale. Then right at the very end realised he couldn't stop me. No emotions no pictures no family, everything I needed was I my head where it belongs not spread over a table for the banker and world to see. This game is all luck! Good board reading comes from a judgement of this and so does everything else, recklessness, caution etc....at the end of the day it comes down to putting your hand in a bag and picking out a number for a box that nobody knows what's in it! Luck how the game pans out, choice if to deal or not, having the balls or belief to go on. A game is there to be played unfortunately Stan dealt at the wrong time and what ashame nice bloke, if it were me I'd be 100k up right now but it doesn't always work out does it! Scott.

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]