Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:10 am Last visit was: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:10 am




Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]



 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:19 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:16 pm
Location: The North East of Scotland
Warnings: 0
Ady says he would've swapped for Box 18.

Noel hypo-swaps Ady's Box 8 for Margaret's Box 18.

Noel reveals £1,000 in Ady's new Box 18. :ponder: :D

_________________
An aficionado of many things, mainly '90s TV programs and presentation.
I am a respecter of the views of others, even if I disagree with them.
No ranting or offense is intended in any of my posts, unless I specify so.
Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!


Top
 Profile E-mail  

cfd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:19 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady

Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:02 pm
Location: Leeds
Warnings: 0
Of course we can. Plenty of us on here analyse the game mathematically or in relation to what we would do. There is nothing wrong with that. I can only assume you are arguing for the sake of it.


Top
 Profile E-mail  

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:19 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 2:09 am
Location: Ipswich
Warnings: 0
PHEW... the swapped worked..


Last edited by Mark on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:20 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:16 pm
Location: The North East of Scotland
Warnings: 0
Ady's original Box 8, now with Margaret, contains the £250,000.

You'd have given it away, says Noel.

Ady says he'd have dealt at £26,000 had he gone on; he says he doesn't want to go home now!

_________________
An aficionado of many things, mainly '90s TV programs and presentation.
I am a respecter of the views of others, even if I disagree with them.
No ranting or offense is intended in any of my posts, unless I specify so.
Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!


Top
 Profile E-mail  

Charles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:20 pm    Author: Charles    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:56 pm
Warnings: 0
cfd wrote:
Of course we can. Plenty of us on here analyse the game mathematically or in relation to what we would do. There is nothing wrong with that. I can only assume you are arguing for the sake of it.


It is not a real evaluation if you just pick and choose what to base it on, for it to be a true evaluation you must base it on what the banker bases the offers on.


Top
 Profile E-mail  

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:22 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:01 pm
Location: Buckinghamshire, England
Warnings: 0
Interestingly, £71k is exactly the same offer Micole had on that board.

_________________
First ever winner of the DEAL-EYE Bet!

Fan of classic rock and metal


Top
 Profile E-mail  

Charles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:23 pm    Author: Charles    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:56 pm
Warnings: 0
Mark wrote:
PHEW... the swapped worked..


There is no need for phew, you cannot focus on what is in the box because the player did not know what was in their box at the time of the deal, and declining the final offer would be reckless. You can focus on the fact that they were cautious and should have gone further into the game but I suggest that you respect their decision and that they go away with £17K.


Last edited by Charles on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile E-mail  

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:23 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:42 am
Location: UK
Warnings: 0
Switched off when he said he'd hypo-swap. I am either indifferent to or applaud pretty much anything on the show, but hypo-swaps still disgust me. Even it it goes in the right way like today, it's just, arrgh, really annoying !

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:25 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 2:09 am
Location: Ipswich
Warnings: 0
Of all the players who have been cautious in the past, he's up there at the top (only because of how much he found the second round offer so hard with just one red gone).

He most likely would have dealt at two box anyhow, unless he had a "Scott" feeling.


Top
 Profile  

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:30 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:42 am
Location: UK
Warnings: 0
Mark wrote:
Of all the players who have been cautious in the past, he's up there at the top (only because of how much he found the second round offer so hard with just one red gone).

He most likely would have dealt at two box anyhow, unless he had a "Scott" feeling.


He said he would have dealt at £26,000... and the number of players who have had a 'Scott' feeling... you can literally count them on one hand.

Here you go, now Charles dosen't need to reply to this one ! Go home now kids !

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  

elementalpat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:34 pm    Author: elementalpat    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:02 pm
Warnings: 0
Well, we have game of the month.

Now I think there should be a Lame game of the month! This would be right up there. A truly ridiculous and ultimate chicken out third round deal. Wonder what spiel he will say in the post game vid.

Think most of us wanted the swap to backfire!


Top
 Profile E-mail  

cfd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:43 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady

Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:02 pm
Location: Leeds
Warnings: 0
Charles wrote:
cfd wrote:
Of course we can. Plenty of us on here analyse the game mathematically or in relation to what we would do. There is nothing wrong with that. I can only assume you are arguing for the sake of it.


It is not a real evaluation if you just pick and choose what to base it on, for it to be a true evaluation you must base it on what the banker bases the offers on.


Then why are you here?

Honestly don't know. I assume it's just to wind everyone up.


Top
 Profile E-mail  

Jerry173

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:44 pm    Author: Jerry173    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:24 pm
Warnings: 0
This game has taken the value of boxes brought to the table past the £50 million mark (I make it £50,085,112.95). As the players have won just under £31 million, maybe Mark has a point in calling some of them (well, most of them in fact) cautious!


Top
 Profile E-mail  

matt26

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:24 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady

Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:47 pm
Warnings: 0
psychokiller wrote:
Switched off when he said he'd hypo-swap. I am either indifferent to or applaud pretty much anything on the show, but hypo-swaps still disgust me. Even it it goes in the right way like today, it's just, arrgh, really annoying !


Any particular reason why?

I always see the hypo-swap as saying "The banker agreed to buy this box in the table, but the swap means that he's now buying this NEW box instead" I mean, it should really be offered every time a contestant deals, but otherwise I have no problem with it.

At any rate, a cautious decision, but there have been far worse in the show's history. 17k is still a solid result.


Top
 Profile E-mail  

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:14 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:42 am
Location: UK
Warnings: 0
matt26 wrote:
psychokiller wrote:
Switched off when he said he'd hypo-swap. I am either indifferent to or applaud pretty much anything on the show, but hypo-swaps still disgust me. Even it it goes in the right way like today, it's just, arrgh, really annoying !


Any particular reason why?

I always see the hypo-swap as saying "The banker agreed to buy this box in the table, but the swap means that he's now buying this NEW box instead" I mean, it should really be offered every time a contestant deals, but otherwise I have no problem with it.

At any rate, a cautious decision, but there have been far worse in the show's history. 17k is still a solid result.


Just an irrational hatred. It screws up the stats more than anything.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady
International Forums Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:00 pm
Warnings: 0
Better to have a board that's too strong for you than too weak. I think that could easily have been a second offer deal, again, if the lack of precedent hadn't been bought up. Well played Banker, you have to say, took his chance that Ady would be more amenable to a statistically inadequate 11-box offer and so he was.

Second time this summer the £250k has been sold at 11-box after almost seven years where it never was. Funny coincidence there! And it's nice to see a hyposwap when £250k is on the table - it seems to be much more common to swap it onto the table post-Deal than vice versa, so my cynical side is placated for tonight.

_________________
Race To A Billion Season 6 - a new era of racing. Enter here!
Creator of the first DoND Live offer to be accepted.
"Why regret what could not be?" (A Heart Full of Love, from Les Misérables)
I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.


Top
 Profile  

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:36 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady

Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:26 pm
Warnings: 0
Did anticipate a third-offer stick and deal to be honest...but I'd have no-dealt anyway.


Top
 Profile  

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:14 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 2:09 am
Location: Ipswich
Warnings: 0
mr_northern_guy wrote:
Did anticipate a third-offer stick and deal to be honest...but I'd have no-dealt anyway.


Same here. I was very much expecting it to happen.


Top
 Profile  

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:40 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Leeds
Warnings: 0
hogwild94 wrote:
Ady says he'd have dealt at £26,000 had he gone on; he says he doesn't want to go home now!


So a player who would have dealt at 8-box and therefore probably 5-box and 2-box too, gets a hypo-swap. Completely pointless doing it then - the only positive is that it removes the negative spin that Noel would have given it in that he became only the 2nd person to sell the QM at the 3rd offer.

_________________
Number of visits to see DOND: 19
Number of shows seen: 86


Top
 Profile  

matt26

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:44 am    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 31/08 Ady

Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:47 pm
Warnings: 0
psychokiller wrote:
Just an irrational hatred. It screws up the stats more than anything.


Yeah. If they'd been doing it from the beginning, and offered it all the time, just as they do with live-play swaps, then I imagine the hypo-swap wouldn't be nearly as reviled as it is now. Funnily enough, I can still remember the first ever hypo-swap - it was Candice way back in March 2006, and it came about due to a request on her part.

I also recall KP in particular saying that it allowed Noel to spin a guilt-trip regardless of what was in the box, which was especially noticeable in Halloween 2009 when someone dealt for 40k when the Banker said 250k was in their box, and even when they hypo-swapped it away Noel still went on about how it was on the table the whole time!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bot and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Deal Or No Deal

[ View who is online ]

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Copyright ©2008 dond.co.uk All rights reserved

www.dond.co.uk is not responsible for the content posted by private individuals on this website. The views expressed herein are solely the opinions of the individuals that produced them and not necessarily the views of the owner, or of the admins, or of the moderators of this website.


Deal or No Deal Online Games | Tava Tea Weight Loss | Go Go Hamster | Wii | Wii Fit | Xbox 360 | Playstation 3 | Sunglasses | Wii U Pre-order | Dropship | GoGo Hamster | Kidizoom Camera | Whitening teeth | Admin Zone Directory