Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:33 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:33 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Charles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:51 pm    Author: Charles    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott

Warnings: 0
Mark wrote:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

100% OHO player...

Really hoping the £50,000 is on the table.

I am not hoping that, because I do not want reckless decisions to be rewarded.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:52 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott
Global Moderator

The Banker says he now realises Scott doesn't have a breaking point.

SWAP or NO SWAP?

Scott says the other box is his son's birthday.

Scott says:

NO SWAP

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:53 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott

YES!!! :D

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:53 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott
Global Moderator

Noel reveals £50,000 in Scott's Box 8! :D :D :-D :-D

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:54 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott

Finally a OHO player and it's worked out the correct way...

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:55 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott
Global Moderator

What a journey, says Scott.

Box 16 with Carole contains the £500.

Scott says that's the biggest journey he's taken in his life. Noel says that was truely memorable.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:58 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott

Well, voting for the Show of the Month this August is going to be TOUGH! Declining 100% of the mean is completely INSANE! :shock:

Fan of classic rock and metal

Charles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:59 pm    Author: Charles    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott

BankerSpanker wrote:
Well, voting for the Show of the Month this August is going to be TOUGH! Declining 100% of the mean is completely INSANE! :shock:

Well that rules this show out from show of the month then, makes the vote a bit easier.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:01 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott

Well DEAL-EYE is going to have an incredibly unlucky loss. :o

I'd hate to think what Scott would've done on a 1p / £250k board. £125k? Surely not...

Last edited by BankerSpanker on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:03 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott

What a game and a half! There were a really good offers but Scott seemed determined to think big, win big and do it in style which is what he did. You may call him crazy but it is an OPW through and through. Worthy contender for Show of the Month. :D

Charles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:04 pm    Author: Charles    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott

killersbee wrote:
What a game and a half! There were a really good offers but Scott seemed determined to think big, win big and do it in style which is what he did. You may call him crazy but it is an OPW through and through. Worthy contender for Show of the Month. :D

Would you really say it is in style to win big by reckless decisions?

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:16 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott

I only hope Scott's game doesn't encourage any more gung-ho players tomorrow.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:29 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott

Charles wrote:
Would you really say it is in style to win big by reckless decisions?

Not sure, maybe we should ask the jackpot winners to look it up for us. ;)

DanS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:24 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott

Good on Scott. It was certainly a brave gamble, not one I would've made. I would've left wth the £25,250 personally. Didn't think the jackpot prize at that point was really worth it, but clearly Scott thought differently and I'm happy it worked out for him.

The money on the board is there to be won after all. This show needs its gung ho players just as much as it needs it conservative ones. Otherwise the show would have gone stale long before 2,000.

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:50 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott

Last game before I go away for a few days, so was hoping for a good one...

During Noel's intros I've started playing 'spot the mic on the player'. Sure enough, there was a close-up of Scott with one on so I wasn't surprised when his name came up. After that, well, 2001 shows in and all Noel can talk about is how no man's won the £250k yet. Well, none of those little old ladies you fawn over have won it yet either, Noel. Try thinking about that for a change. Despite that usual spiel, the banker genuinely was taking Scott seriously with those offers. £13k at the 2nd offer with only 2 higher amounts was astounding, but there was more to come!

The board never got anywhere near stable and I wasn't sure whether to be relieved or upset when the £250k went (happy that Noel would be shut up or sad that Scott and the boxes were being mismatched). Watching the clock, however, I did begin to suspect the £50k would stay to 5-box and he'd get extra offers. When he decined the £8.5k, though, I was half-expecting the phone to ring at any given moment. When we were at 2-box and it hadn't, I didn't have a clue what to expect - and I definitely would never have guessed he'd be offered the average and then decline it!!

Happy for Scott that he got the £50k but I really have no idea what I'll be coming back to. Interestingly I think he's the first player since Nong to take their box - even though we've had a lot of weak boards since then, the banker's had to be on the ball with offers and the players have mostly been reaping the rewards of it. Hopefully they can keep it up, but it's not going to be easy.

holly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:52 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott

Oh man I was SERIOUSLY convinced he was in for a massive kick in the teeth after declining that! Didn't think there were enoiguh time on the clock for a 50k win! Well done Scott!

Ps.... You are SMOKING HOT MATE! :P

hevelius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:02 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott

:smt023 Well done Scott!....great to see BELIEF rewarded...Congrats buddy!

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:17 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott

Game of the month ? Yep, I think this just pips Nong to the post and I honestly thought nothing this month would. :shock:

There's nothing more to be said about his gameplay. No limits. Incredible courage. Turning down the average on an all or nothing gamble (well, £500 isn't nothing, but a HUGE drop from £25,250 !)

And Scott is now surely one of Mark's favourite contestants ever. You know what, one of mine as well :)

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:00 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott

I'm not sure what to say about that game. About as near to Mark's ideal player as you can get - the only plus is that he didn't get £26k at 2-box and break the mould of players who turned down AMOs winning the lower amount.

All I can say is lucky, lucky, lucky.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/08 Scott
International Forums Moderator

What can you say then?

His gameplay had only one direction, and to some, that's what made it beautiful. To others, even a highly limited boy band would be more tolerable than seeing that gameplay rewarded.

Hope he's more careful in using the money than he was in acquiring it.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]