Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:50 am Last visit was: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:50 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:51 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 16/08 Amy

Warnings: 0
YES! First box the £250,000... it would be sweet if she had the 1p.

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/08 Amy
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Round 6 - Proveout round

14 - £250,000 :D Carol

22 - 1p Doogie

5 - £250 Mike

Banker time with £750 and £1,000 remaining

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/08 Amy

Banker's offer would've been:

£825

Profile E-mail  

Jerry173

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:52 pm    Author: Jerry173    Post subject: Re: 16/08 Amy

Chelsea97 wrote:
hogwild94 wrote:
Actually, the player is told before the show that it is their game, and they get first pick of the boxes.

This was started at the start of this year, possibly to eliminate theories like that, which were floating around a lot at the end of last year.

(With respect) I find that very difficult to believe, in a previous series there was a run of something like 20 games where the contestant took a blue to the table. Just try tossing a coin in the air and see how long it takes to get 20 consecutive heads or tails. I repeat, if that element of the show is not being controlled then why not let us see it on screen to eliminate any of these conspiracy theories? Alternatively each contestant could be offered the swap right at the start of the show.

The longest run of blues coming to the table is in fact 14 (games 839-852). I calculate the chances of the same colour coming to the table 14 times in a row to be 1 in 8,192, so it is against the odds that it would happen in the first 2,000 games but not wildly so.

In total, 1,025 blues and 971 reds have come to the table, again not wildly different from what statistics would predict.

Profile E-mail  

kestral

Noel opens Amy's box 17 and reveals £750

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/08 Amy

Box 8 with Noel contains the Banker's offer:

£1,000

Amy says she is going to clear some debts now, and also put some money away for her daughter, and also take her to see Mickey Mouse :D

Profile E-mail  

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:53 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 16/08 Amy
Global Moderator

That's how you do it: a perfect spanking! Well done Amy! :D :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Profile E-mail  

Charles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:54 pm    Author: Charles    Post subject: Re: 16/08 Amy

Box 8 with Noel does not contain the Banker's offer.

Profile E-mail  

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:57 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 16/08 Amy

Charles wrote:
Box 8 with Noel does not contain the Banker's offer.

I think Kestral clicked the wrong button! :laughing

Anyway, £20,000 was an EASY deal there. It would be reckless to go on with a 60% chance of taking out the £250k!

Fan of classic rock and metal

Profile E-mail  

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:00 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 16/08 Amy

Everyone loves a good spanking. Even I would have dealt that £20,000 offer, as it seemed too good to pass up on.
Congrats to Amy, and enjoy the money :).

holly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:40 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 16/08 Amy

Well now that is what you call perfect timing! Well done Amy!

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/08 Amy
International Forums Moderator

Can't argue with an OPW where none of the decisions were obviously questionable. Hurrah!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:40 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 16/08 Amy

I managed to tune in at the very end and saw Amy's finish and that she'd won £20k - which I'd never have expected to be won via a 5-box deal with a very isolated £250k and the 1p still in play (which I found out when watching it on C4+1!).

8-box was arguable either way with the odds of a good round and better offer - but big repercussions for a bad round. I wasn't surprised the audience were begging her to deal £20k - we'd probably be calling that inflated if it was in proveout. Glad Amy jumped the right way - lovely result for a lovely lass.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:28 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/08 Amy

Another impressive OPW! Nong's game has certainly lit a fire underneath these contestants, because they are on a roll now! More of this, please! :-D

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:18 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 16/08 Amy

Just caught the end of this (and a tweets to say her 8-box no deal was surprising). Brave no deal at 8-box given that £250/peanuts might not have been anywhere near 20k (which was a fairly easy deal for me I think).

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:42 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 16/08 Amy

Another brilliant game, Amy made a couple of No Deals that were clearly very brave for her, secured a good offer on an all or peanuts game and got out with impeccable timing.
Can't fault the way she played that at all, textbook game

sonicrules

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:37 pm    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 16/08 Amy

Really enoyed that game, great girl, very likeable, genuine and very "normal" lol and beautiful, tallish too, hope she enjoys the money, great to see very ordinary people get on too rather than just the oddball chracters or people who've battled disease or climbed everest or something, well done Amy!!

Rich: I'm not really sure what's going on, but could you give me a clear signal when you've won us some booze! lmao

Fave contestants: Joey and Siobhan (tied), Charly

Rossano, Wrighty and Morris

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]