Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:38 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:38 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:10 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 14/08 Antonia

Warnings: 0
Yeah, I'd avoid Facebook today...

Well done Antonia on getting £17,500, sure it will make a huge difference to your family and it was pleasing to hear how much you care for them. :D

Can't deny the deal was cautious of course, but the offer did the job by getting her out of the chair and the Banker's main job is to save money and read the player and he did this brilliantly today.

Just very bad luck to pick off the only blues left remaining on the wings in her next 4 boxes...

KP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/08 Antonia
International Forums Moderator

matt26 wrote:
Considering the rather dismal increase after a pretty good round 3, I'm fairly sure that she wanted to deal 15k, but felt pressured into going on. Yes, it was cautious, but the money clearly meant a lot to her, so we can't criticise her for that.

This. Taking £17,500 was in isolation just another cautious decision from a player who could not bear to think of falling from there to a blue. Taking it after turning down the more generous £15,000? That's another matter.

That's two players in eight games who've been talked out of 14-box Deals now. I'd be astonished if we ever see one actually made.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

holly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:57 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 14/08 Antonia

Antonia was awesome! Full of life, and happiness and zest! Great player such a shame she could of had a lot more but at least she got a nice sum of money too.

Oh, and she has an AWESOME fashion sense!

DanS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:18 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 14/08 Antonia

Charles wrote:
But that is you, you have to respect how others value of money and the decisions they make.

You didn't exactly show a lot of respect towards Nong and Mariyam recently... :ponder:

An interesting game, Antonia was absolutely lovely and deserved a big cash sum. The offer was extremely cautious, but you could see just what it meant to her. I personally would have dealt at £26k.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:17 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 14/08 Antonia

DanS wrote:
Charles wrote:
But that is you, you have to respect how others value of money and the decisions they make.

You didn't exactly show a lot of respect towards Nong and Mariyam recently... :ponder:

An interesting game, Antonia was absolutely lovely and deserved a big cash sum. The offer was extremely cautious, but you could see just what it meant to her. I personally would have dealt at £26k.

I'm telling you, Charles and Mark are one and the same person. I'm actually genuinely starting to believe this more with each day...

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:22 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 14/08 Antonia

What did I say yesterday?

I am NOT!!! Charles...

It seems he waits, until I post something like "a cautious player" etc then replies.......

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:50 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 14/08 Antonia

I really thought that £2,500 increase after taking out the 1p was just pathetic. :smt011

Fan of classic rock and metal

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:57 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 14/08 Antonia

First game I've seen in full for a week or so (due to a small trip down to London to watch some people running around) - not possibly the best one to get reacquainted with DOND. Put this one down to great Banker reading of the player again.

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:06 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 14/08 Antonia

Got in, tuned into the 4seven repeat at about 6.40... Still at 11-box. Spent the rest of the show wondering how on earth they'd padded out the first 35 minutes of the show (excluding breaks).

After last week where the boxes were a lot less kind to the players than hoped, today they were perhaps too kind to Antonia, who I think probably didn't expect to be faced with such a strong board. A good fun player who still saw what she won as a good result in the end.

beaker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:57 pm    Author: beaker    Post subject: 14/08 Antonia

Been away and only just seen this, Charles still trolling I see!

I found that game rather odd, didn't think much of the tears to be honest, after all she had won £17.5k and lot's of people went home with a lot less!

I know she has a child with difficulties but I think it was a bit selfish of her with those tears.

Shame it wasn't £100k in the box, I liked her on the wings too.....

beaker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:00 pm    Author: beaker    Post subject: 14/08 Antonia

Mark wrote:
What did I say yesterday?

I am NOT!!! Charles...

It seems he waits, until I post something like "a cautious player" etc then replies.......

the mods will have checked that out I'd assume so unless you have been sneaky with proxies then I suspect that is correct.

I used to find your posts irritating but now I find Charles even more irritating which I guess was his plan

Typical troll techniques from the anti-Mark

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:51 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 14/08 Antonia

My knowledge about proxies is zero.

beaker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm    Author: beaker    Post subject: 14/08 Antonia

Well you would say that! ;-)

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:29 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 14/08 Antonia

A cautious deal, but there was no denying how much the money meant to Antonia. She was clearly worried about pushing her luck too far and having to chase the money. But she just had a knack for finding blues that she couldn't shake off. Does go to show though, just because you have an almost entirely red board, doesn't guarantee you a big one in your box

milos97

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 pm    Author: milos97    Post subject: Re: 14/08 Antonia

Winner wrote:
1) Noel sometimes you really do need to shutup
2) The worst deal in the history of the show
3) Noel please shutup :)

how about you shut up.

there have been far, far worse deals in dond's 7 year history. remember richard? or that katie waissel lookalike?

also "shut up" is not one word.

milos97

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:19 pm    Author: milos97    Post subject: Re: 14/08 Antonia

Winner wrote:

Winner wrote:
8k less so Noel feels a bit better for being a social worker...

the hell are you talking about?!

you don't really think when you're typing up such remarks, do you?

milos97

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:25 pm    Author: milos97    Post subject: Re: 14/08 Antonia

Winner wrote:
Maybe they can give her the extra 83k she has just lost!

what a stupid, stupid remark. no, seriously.

she did not lose any money at all!

she missed out on an extra £34,500 - but she lost nothing.

and why would the banker or anyone else on the show give her that much money, anyway? are you able to answer that?

milos97

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:29 pm    Author: milos97    Post subject: Re: 14/08 Antonia

Winner wrote:
Get Mr Blobby out of retirement so Noel can clear off to BBC1 :)

if you're just going to keep on making pathetic, pointless comments like that one, then maybe you should clear off.

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]