Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:20 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:20 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

DanS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:59 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 06/08 Gary

Warnings: 0
A shame he didn't deal the 2nd offer. It's not the first time that the 2nd offer would have hypothetically seen a banker spanking, but considering that he informally dealt, this would have been extraordinary as well as brilliant if he had managed to spank the banker with a historical deal.

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:13 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: 06/08 Gary

When we watched this in the studio, we were actually annoyed that Noel made such a fuss about this being a "first second offer deal" before he completed the question. Gary was going to deal, and only changed his mind when Noel pointed that out and delayed the question.

Backstage tour No2 27 May 2013 - Quiz Prize
Creator of the "Scream Ending" (1p/£250k finish)

JustAThought

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:19 pm    Author: JustAThought    Post subject: Re: 06/08 Gary

Calling people names on a Forum is cowardly - Gary is not a numpty, he is a nice guy and a father. I've got a feeling playing out this game on national TV is more scary to do than to watch from an armchair. Well done Gary x

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:35 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 06/08 Gary

JohnBristol1966 wrote:
When we watched this in the studio, we were actually annoyed that Noel made such a fuss about this being a "first second offer deal" before he completed the question. Gary was going to deal, and only changed his mind when Noel pointed that out and delayed the question.

I am of EXACTLY the same view John... :roll:

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 06/08 Gary
International Forums Moderator

Oh WOW - that's twice Noel has clearly prevented a second-offer OPW then!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

matt26

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:35 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 06/08 Gary

KP wrote:
Oh WOW - that's twice Noel has clearly prevented a second-offer OPW then!!

I was about to mention Dot... then I remembered that her final offer was 2k higher than the 14-box one she turned down!

Still, getting 2.8k out of such an unlucky game is pretty good going. :)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:10 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 06/08 Gary

Sometimes I wish Noel would keep his mouth shut.

Fan of classic rock and metal

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:39 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 06/08 Gary

JohnBristol1966 wrote:

Oh christ... thanks for confirming my suspiscions John, I really wish Noel would not pipe up, whether he's told to or not. :x

Because it was my first commentary, I was keeping a clear ear out whilst typing the details and I honestly nearly froze when I heard 'Deal'... to think that history could have been made on my first commentary, AND of course giving us a 2nd offer OPW... jesus, I don't think Noel could ever complain again !

So it really annoyed me when Noel piped up, I knew Gary would change his mind when he did... had he dealt, I think Mark would have been physically sick through his ears !

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:09 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 06/08 Gary

And the day after the 5th Jackpot winner we get a sharp reminder that this is a game of luck and if that luck isn't with you there's not a lot you can do about it

Maybe with hindsight Gary should have gone with his first instinct and dealt the second offer but given how quickly his game crumbled that was a respectable recovery and at least he avoided the all blue finish

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:11 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 06/08 Gary

If anyone looks on the Official site and hover over Gary's picture it says his winnings were £11k. VERY fishy........

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:32 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 06/08 Gary

James1978 wrote:
If anyone looks on the Official site and hover over Gary's picture it says his winnings were £11k. VERY fishy........

I noticed that yesterday, but assumed they would have changed it by now.

But seeing as they haven't, well...

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:53 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 06/08 Gary
Global Moderator

Well, this was a fascinating one, was it not?

Whether Gary meant to initially say deal at the second offer, or not, we'll never know, but you can't argue that, had he done that, it would've be a spectacular spanking!

Pleased he recovered to a decent win, though. :D

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]