Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 4:39 pm Last visit was: Mon May 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:19 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Warnings: 0
At long last - a Quarter Million win I get to witness as it happens ! Missed the two last year...

MANY congratulations to Nong for her incredible bravery and her reward :-D

The only downside is that I now owe a certain Steven Wilson 3 dollars...

One of THE games of the year !!!

Profile E-mail  

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:19 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Some extra info for you, ive had many lovely chats with Nong on Twitter (in DM so could keep outcome a secret) and the ONLY people from all her friends and family who knew how much she won, was her mum who was there. The box was hidden away and no one else has a clue!!! She was looking forward to some wonderful faces as she won big!!!!

Backstage tour No2 27 May 2013 - Quiz Prize
Creator of the "Scream Ending" (1p/£250k finish)

Charles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:20 pm    Author: Charles    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

killersbee wrote:
And it's been won in box 4 as well, I bet a certain Wakey is happily dancing around somewhere. :P

This one deserves to be game of the month!

I think the game of the month should be given to a player who makes sensible decisions.

Profile E-mail  

holly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:21 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! BEST GAME OF THE YEAR MAN!!!!!!! A

That was a VERY well deserved £250k win, definetley the hardest one yet, the others literally got given it on a plate!

Well done Nong, you made me cry with happiness and you made my dad dry as well and that's something!!!

Profile E-mail  

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:21 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Wow, the official DOND website appears to down! :o

Fan of classic rock and metal

Profile E-mail  

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:22 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

If I knew how to say congratulations in Thai, I would say it...

But I don't, so it's just a massive CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Great game, too. In fact, I'd go as far to say it was the best of the 5 QM wins.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:22 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

BankerSpanker wrote:
Wow, the official DOND website appears to down! :o

It was down near the start of the game...

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:24 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

psychokiller wrote:
At long last - a Quarter Million win I get to witness as it happens ! Missed the two last year...

psychokiller, I'll happily wire you the 3 bucks. I hope you accept Canadian funds ;).

Profile E-mail  

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:24 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Can i remind everyone of this...

Mad Mark wrote:
Today's act of stupidity really does make me believe that the next jackpot winner truly will be crowned in 2097.

However, it has also forced me to make this offer to the entire forum: If someone wins the £250,000 before 2097, then I will personally buy a round of drinks for anyone interested at the pub of your choosing if I ever visit England - and I am seriously looking into doing so within the next five years. Obviously, it should be somewhere centrally located, as you are all from different cities or towns.

I am dead serious about this offer. I want someone to go all the way and score the most epic of wins. Enough of these terrible offers and embarrassment via underselling. Someone needs to win the £250,000 again, and I care not about what gender that person is.

So, my friends, are you ready for the question? Deal or No Deal?

Backstage tour No2 27 May 2013 - Quiz Prize
Creator of the "Scream Ending" (1p/£250k finish)

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:24 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Charles wrote:
killersbee wrote:
And it's been won in box 4 as well, I bet a certain Wakey is happily dancing around somewhere. :P

I think the game of the month should be given to a player who makes sensible decisions.

Oh shut up. Questionable gamble or not, let's just celebrate that it went RIGHT ! And that we have cronwed a 5th quarter-millionaire !

So this will surely go down as the game of the month, and one of the games of the year !! :D

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:25 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

mr_northern_guy wrote:
In fact, I'd go as far to say it was the best of the 5 QM wins.

In terms of the drop in live play, I can agree.

bluebell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:26 pm    Author: bluebell    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Well done, Nong, your game was certainly worth waiting all this time to see on screen. Your secret is now out so go and have a good spend. Crazy, Clever, Greedy , desperate or whatever ...... well done and enjoy!

How does someone congratulate Nong at 1.20 p. m. today??????

Yes, the Official Dond site is down for the time being.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:26 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Mad Mark wrote:
psychokiller wrote:

psychokiller, I'll happily wire you the 3 bucks. I hope you accept Canadian funds ;).

No problem ! I do actually have some dollars somewhere, but exactly where I don't know :x

Profile E-mail  

Charles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:28 pm    Author: Charles    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

psychokiller wrote:
Charles wrote:
killersbee wrote:

Oh shut up. Questionable gamble or not, let's just celebrate that it went RIGHT ! And that we have cronwed a 5th quarter-millionaire !

So this will surely go down as the game of the month, and one of the games of the year !! :D

As I said, it happened to be in her box but that does not make it a sensible decision.

Profile E-mail  

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:28 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Well watch this thread go over 7 pages!

Fan of classic rock and metal

Profile E-mail  

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:30 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong
Global Moderator

Very mixed feelings on today's show. I did like Nong on the wings, and I'm very happy for her that she won the big money. :D

However, it was a very risky gamble that she took, and, had she won the £5, I suspect a lot of people congratulating her would be a lot less impressed.

It is the first time that the £250,000 has been won with such small backup. However, it also goes to show that, while people criticise Gurpal and Joycey for gambling bigger sums on the same final two(!), they could easily have won it as well.

I, therefore, am worried that this will give the green light for a series of similar gambles. One every while or so is quite enough, in my opinion.

Overall, easily one of the more tense games I have commentated on. After doing this, I need a long rest, which I'm getting, as I'm off for the week tomorrow. :D

A second post, discussing the various reactions to the game, will be up later on.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Profile E-mail  

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:30 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

JohnBristol1966 wrote:
Can i remind everyone of this...

Mad Mark wrote:
Today's act of stupidity really does make me believe that the next jackpot winner truly will be crowned in 2097.

However, it has also forced me to make this offer to the entire forum: If someone wins the £250,000 before 2097, then I will personally buy a round of drinks for anyone interested at the pub of your choosing if I ever visit England - and I am seriously looking into doing so within the next five years. Obviously, it should be somewhere centrally located, as you are all from different cities or towns.

I am dead serious about this offer. I want someone to go all the way and score the most epic of wins. Enough of these terrible offers and embarrassment via underselling. Someone needs to win the £250,000 again, and I care not about what gender that person is.

So, my friends, are you ready for the question? Deal or No Deal?

How did I know that was going to happen? John, I knew you'd call me out on that offer, and I want you all to know that I have every intention of upholding it. I just need to save up enough money to fly to England, and then it will be done. You can thank Nong for making this possible :).

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:30 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Which is what we haven't seen for years...okay well since Suzanne's game.

hevelius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:30 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

:smt026 :smt041 Wow!!!...Well done Nong on being number 5-many congratulations!!
the belief u had in your box was so strong and u were such a beautiful,and likeable,contestant.
to turn down the offer at 2 box was incredibly brave,but your BELIEF won thru-i am so
pleased for u i have been bouncing around the living room!-WELL DONE NONG!!! :smt023

Profile E-mail  

bluebell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:31 pm    Author: bluebell    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

What is the above reminder all about? Is it really necessary?????

[ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]