Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:58 pm Last visit was: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:58 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
The Banker says the last box changes everything, and mentions an envelope. "A gift to you from your loving daddy." Boos. A cheque is being written inside it...

Banker's offer:

£26,000

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:32 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special
Global Moderator

The Governor?! I'm so dealing! It's the same offer James got on pretty much the same board. Plus, I'd be hopeless at the catapult.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special

Noel says the Banker doesn't want Ricky near the catapult. He also points out that it's possible to destroy the game in one round, but then adds that it "ought to be possible" to take out two of the five blues. Ricky talks about winning the £250k. Noel says that none of the near-2,000 players who came into the studio came in expecting to fail. Ricky says either of the top two would change his life forever. "I know I can do it," he insists, before mentioning how flattered he is by the offers.

Ricky says NO DEAL.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special

Noel says only a handful of players have convinced him more than Ricky that the big win is possible, and he talks up the prospect of a £250k win as we head to the break...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:35 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special

Right, I'd probably be saying "F*** the catapult, DEAL!"
I don't remember the last time the Banker has offered £26k on a THREE RED 8-box board! :shock:

Fan of classic rock and metal

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special

We're back. "Will Ricky hold on to the big one and have the Banker on the ropes?"

Noel talks up his destiny. "And I'm not arguing with him," he says. "You could destroy the game, but you're not going to."

ROUND 5

Box 21 (Amy) - £250,000 :|

"I thought he was going to do it," says Noel.

Box 8 (Ann) - £500

Box 2 (Mark) - £100

Catapult time...

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:47 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special

Ricky collapses as the phone rings. He's put himself through the wringer here. The Banker again mentions Ricky's young son.

"We're now somewhere where he didn't want to be." "Ping!" says Ricky, making a catapult motion. Noel reminds us of the catapult rules, and that the bronze medal is the largest hole. Obviously, he plugs icelolly.com as he does so.

Ricky's first shot goes well left.

Ricky's second shot also goes left, though not as far wide. Noel points out that a bounce-in doesn't count.

Ricky's third shot also goes left.

Ricky's fourth shot misses narrowly high and to the right of the gold medal. If it had been lower it may have made it into the bronze hole.

Ricky's fifth shot misses horribly high, and the Banker gets to see what's on the table...

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special

The living statue comes out, and then brings box 10 back with the black seal. Noel points out that the Banker has seen Power 5s on three occasions and claimed a blue each time.

"Ricky, I've lied to everybody this week, but I'm not going to lie to you. You've got a blue in your box. Every day this week, there's been a large week. It couldn't last forever. You have a blue. So, I would really recommend you take this offer."

Banker's offer:

£10,000

A few boos.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special

Ricky now talks about the regret balance. "I've always had a feeling about this game. And the £100,000 is still there."

As Ricky asks for the question, hinting at No Deal, the Banker phones up urging him not to. "At the end of the day, there ain't no guarantees to anything."

Ricky says NO DEAL.

jamie9456

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:53 pm    Author: jamie9456    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special

Had a feeling the banker was telling the truth hence the low offer

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special

ROUND 6

"Is that self-belief misplaced?", asks Noel.

Box 17 (John) - £750

Noel says Ricky's emotions are coming out now.

Box 11 (the twins) - £100,000 :|

"I'm gutted, obviously, but I can see now. I [had] come for them, and... I'd have been more upset thinking I could have gone away [with more]." "The worst thing you can leave here with is regret," Noel says.

Box 7 (Liz) - £20,000 :|

"I'm fine, honestly," he insists. "I thought I'd be worse, if you know what I mean".

Banker time

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special

With £10 and £250 remaining...

Banker's offer:

£120

Ricky says DEAL.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special

Noel opens Ricky's Box 10 to reveal £250

Box 16 had the £10

Noel says we'll be talking about that game for a long time.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:55 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special
Global Moderator

Well, good on him for taking it so well, but that was such a cruel crash. Hope he didn't feel under any pressure to play on at 8-box.

Profile E-mail  

jamie9456

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:56 pm    Author: jamie9456    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special

God that last bit was incredibly naive by Ricky, anyone else hear Noel say "what!" when he said deal!!

Profile E-mail  

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:58 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special
Global Moderator

Oh, and thank you to KP for providing today's commentary! :smt023

Profile E-mail  

elementalpat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:59 pm    Author: elementalpat    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special

Typical! :(

We finally get a player who shows a good degree of guts and he gets a bad outcome!

Herr Banker has saved an absolute fortune during this special week.

Profile E-mail  

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:00 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special

That £26,000 ND was so reckless. I think if there was no catapult, he'd have dealt!

Fan of classic rock and metal

Profile E-mail  

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:01 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special

Did not see this game as was elsewhere... though if I did I would have said that he had the £100,000 yesterday.

At last... someone who was more brave and to try their luck... and the Banker was telling the truth this time....

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:02 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 26/07 Ricky - "Gold Medal Deal" special

To be honest it's easier to sympathise with someone who has consistent bad luck through the game but Ricky had generous offers. 26K at 8 box was surely worth dealing especially when you consider that 5 box has only brought disadvantage to the contestant this week, and it would be a nice surprise if that changes tomorrow. That said you can't argue with Ricky's courage.

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]