Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:14 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:14 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Charles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:00 pm    Author: Charles    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special

Warnings: 0
BankerSpanker wrote:
I think it's time the catapult was ditched now. That stupid thing has ruined the last 3 games! :evil:

Also, why would you deal a LOWER OFFER after requesting more?!

Requesting more was a mistake, the banker almost always punishes the player for it.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:01 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special

BankerSpanker wrote:
I think it's time the catapult was ditched now. That stupid thing has ruined the last 3 games! :evil:

The show has become a 12-ring circus, and deceptive practices like these seem to have doomed it. You can't just change the rules for the hell of it. The producers need to stick to the game plan and avoid mucking about with the format, or the lawsuits and allegations of rigging will begin.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:02 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special

Charles wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:

Requesting more was a mistake, the banker almost always punishes the player for it.

Yeah, other players have done it in the past. Really bad thing to do. She should've just taken the £22k without all the faffing.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:03 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special

I'd be tempted to miss every shot on purpose (though I would probably fail regardless).

matt26

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:04 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special

Mark wrote:
Shame the Bankers Gamble wasn't offered again today as she may just may have taken it.

Doubtful. Someone who dealt 20k on the board she had at 5-box is unlikely to not deal the same amount on a blue/75k final two.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:13 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special

That makes 3-0 to the Banker now. :(

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:14 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special

BankerSpanker wrote:

He's going to be impossible tomorrow if he gets to look inside the box, unless the player has that "something" and to try their luck.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:20 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special
Global Moderator

Mark wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:

He's going to be impossible tomorrow if he gets to look inside the box, unless the player has that "something" and to try their luck.

Or if the player deals before 5-box! They are allowed to you know! It's not a crime! :lol: ;)

But I agree, that Banker definitely needs a spank after his behaviour so far this week!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Jerry173

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:22 pm    Author: Jerry173    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special

Mark wrote:
When was the last time the power five amounts came to the table three times in a row?

Games 1931-33. Mike had £50k, Mani had £100k and Valerie had £35k.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:27 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special
Global Moderator

I have a dreadful feeling that the Banker will make rubbish offers until 5-box for the rest of the week in order to force the players on to the catapult, and (most likely) give him the advantage.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:37 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special

hogwild94 wrote:
I have a dreadful feeling that the Banker will make rubbish offers until 5-box for the rest of the week in order to force the players on to the catapult, and (most likely) give him the advantage.

But £13k wasn't rubbish yesterday.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:41 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special
Global Moderator

BankerSpanker wrote:
hogwild94 wrote:

But £13k wasn't rubbish yesterday.

Yes, but that was yesterday. After seeing three failures, the Banker may jump to the conclusion that the catapult is impossible this time, and make sure everyone plays it, so that he can get the upper hand.

Lets not forget, only one player in any of the catapult shows has actually succeeded with it (although a couple have come close).

If they want a skill-based twist, then what's wrong with something like that throwing one from Cowboys & Indians week. That was OK, as at least it was achievable.

holly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:50 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special

Deary me, second game in a row where a player has fallen for a blatantly obvious trick! A very very obvious trick as well! Could she not see that if he'd tuly seen a blue in the box he'd have offered something like £15,000?

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:54 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special

holly wrote:
Deary me, second game in a row where a player has fallen for a blatantly obvious trick! A very very obvious trick as well! Could she not see that if he'd tuly seen a blue in the box he'd have offered something like £15,000?

She also said she wanted a bit more money...and the banker reduced the offer. If she really really really wanted more money then why didn't she just take her chances, though I presume an extra offer or somewhat would have been made.

If he did say he's seen a red then maybe so.

Is that the most times in a row now the Banker looked inside someones box?

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:11 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special

Sensible deal again today - not going to go into the mind games again as there's not much more to say that I didn't say on Monday and Tuesday.

One thing I don't like about this twist is that unlike previous years, the player doesn't have a choice not to go for it. Why not have some sort of target where say the gold and silver targets can be removed and allow the player the option to just go for the bronze target with no punishment for failing.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:38 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special

Sensible deal, though Agnes annoyed me somewhat in trying to squeeze more out of the Banker, don't blame him for knocking the offer down under the circumstances

And yes I felt a twinge of Schadenfreude when the £75k was in her box but I wouldn't have put it past the Banker to offer a high amount on a blue box just to try and trick her into a reckless gamble,

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:06 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special

What I'd like to ask about the catapult (maybe someone like John Bristol will know this) is has it ever been done successfully in practice? Given that a player gets FIVE shots it just seems way too difficult to me. It seems it's either deal before 5-box or have the banker see in the box which to be honest I feel is grossly unfair, the odds are just stacked heavily against the players.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:31 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special

Mark wrote:

During the first Santa/Scrooge week in December 2007, the banker looked in the box 3 games in a row (Louise, Sandra and Kerry).

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:33 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special
Global Moderator

Brick wrote:
Mark wrote:

During the first Santa/Scrooge week in December 2007, the banker looked in the box 3 games in a row (Louise, Sandra and Kerry).

Same with the first three Halloween shows in 2009 (Hassan, Lillian and David, who I've mentioned already).

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:52 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 25/07 Agnes - Gold Medal Deal Special

I'd been looking forward to Agnes' game after she'd been quite energetic on the wings, but that opening round knocked her for six and she was struggling for much of the rest of the game. She didn't seem comfortable playing on at 8-box and probably started asking for more at 5-box as she had a target in her mind that was close to what she was being offered, and maybe thought that might be easier than gambling and potentially losing the lot - the banker's reaction proved how wrong that decision was!

The catapult's certainly worked in the banker's favour so far but if the past 3 games were in an ordinary week, I'm not sure the outcomes would have been that different - most of the backup's been lost by 5-box and the chances of getting a significantly higher offer haven't really been in the players' favour that much. Tash may have played on if she'd had a lower offer at 5-box, but even then she didn't come across as a big gambler so it's hard to picture her going all the way.

[ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]