Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:49 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:49 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: 27/8 Mandy
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Mandy's game today.

Sense and Sensibility preceded this episode, but how much sense and what sensibility will today's player bring?

Noel riffs off the theme of game 2000 again. He points out what wasn't there in the early days, like the 1p kiss and people taking photographs. He also mentions that there was much less wing interaction back then (not surprising considering the shows were 45 minutes back then!) - and mentions how advice has changed, with "follow your heart" and "think about it" giving way to advice Noel thinks is much better. Eleanor's advice gets mocked though!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:02 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

Had the £15,000 yesterday.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:05 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

Mandy has box 14 today.

Mandy Harrington is from Basildon and works for a military charity providing support for injured soldiers to help rebuild their lives. I've never seen the crowd applaud someone's job before, but they did here!

Noel is startled by what's on top of her box and it's a little heart with a photo of Noel in the middle! Apparently it was a good luck charm given to her at work, and it's by her bed now and her partner Rob gets to see that picture of Noel! Noel jokes that there's three people in this relationship! :D

There's also a childhood photo from a while ago, showing her with her grandad who died in 1999.

Formalities complete, here we go...

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:09 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

Round 1

Mandy is looking to fund a wedding to Rob. She's got no system.

Box 6 (Carl) - £75,000

Noel says it's at least better than Dougie's start...

Box 10 (Raj) - £500

Mandy has been in various parts of Essex, including Frinton. Noel makes a joke about the place name!

Box 3 (Lecia?) - £3,000

Mandy keeps looking at Eleanor but isn't sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing! Eleanor thinks it's a good thing, so...

Box 2 (Eleanor) - £20,000

Box 19 (Calvert) - £5

Banker time...

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:10 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

Noel says it's OK compared to other opening rounds. The Banker insists on the love heart of Noel being placed in her vacated spot on the East Wing! Barry White plays, along with some very silly heart CGI for us at home!

The Banker mentions "reem" and Mandy can't properly define it! Noel says it's a long time since he left Essex!!

Banker's offer:

£8,000

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

Mandy describes the offer as "totes amaze" and we quickly dissolve into Essex slang!

Noel asks the question in an exaggerated Essex accent and Mandy says NO DEAL

Noel calls a break...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:14 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

Oh please NO! I hate ANYONE that uses the word 'reem'! :evil:

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:18 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

We're back. Noel says he's still recovering from the fake opening round in game 2,000 and now this happens! As if that weren't enough, Mandy had a life-size cardboard cutout of Michael Owen, which is now in the bin!

Round 2

Box 4 (Viv) - £250

Noel says that a 1p kiss could be the start of a new relationship!!

Box 5 (Janna) - 1p :D :D

Mandy didn't really kiss Janna there...

Box 16 (Jayden) - £35,000

Banker time...

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

"We're feeling comfortable at the moment," Noel suggests. The Banker says Michael Owen would be excited at Mandy's affection for him as it's been years since he scored!! :roll:

He also points out that at the base of that love heart of Noel is "Princess"!!

Banker's offer:

£10,000

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

Mandy says that £10,000 would go a long way towards the wedding, and Noel jokes that the wedding might not happen :|

Other plans for any money won include travelling along Route 66 in a Cadillac. Rob would have to drive though!

Mandy says NO DEAL.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

Round 3

More Essex slang from Mandy and Noel, and then Noel likens Carole's shirt to a DFS sofa! (I don't think they paid for that product placement Noel :P)

Box 7 (Carole) - £750

Noel talks of this as a strong game that's creeping up on us.

Box 17 (Margaret) - £15,000

No reaction from the audience. Noel calls it "unsettling" and says the game could very much go either way.

Mandy calls the break...

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

We're back. With Noel joking about Mandy being "man-hungry" in a way I've no idea how to react to!

Round 3 continued

Mave is from Laindon, which is "round the corner" (it's essentially the western half of Basildon).

Box 15 (Mave) - 10p

Banker time...

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:29 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

The Banker points out that Dougie also had three big numbers at 11-box and hit two of them after advice to go on! He then lampshades the "third offer deal = bad" trope by pointing out that taking out the £250k could easily make this the top of the game...

Banker's offer:

£15,000

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

Rob says an all-blue round would mean she'd be "laughing". Seemingly heavy editing here as Noel says she's finding this "difficult" with no other advice aired. Eleanor's advice? "Follow your heart" :D

The tissues are out... the Banker rings with a remark about Michael Owen, and more seriously to point out that no £15,000 winner has ever had regrets for very long. Ady says there are eight safe boxes she can hit.

"I know what I want to do, but I'm too scared to do it." Which way round is that? New worst advice ever from Calvert: "Relax, calm down and get on with it"! :D :D

After all that, the question...

Mandy says NO DEAL

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

Round 4

Noel doesn't think that was a particularly confident No Deal.

Box 20 (Ady) - £10,000

Noel calls that "interesting" and that its significance cannot be judged until the end of the round.

Box 8 (Simon) - £1

Noel says she keeps hitting blues after taking out significant reds, and that this box "is worth thousands in both directions".

Box 13 (Chloe) - 50p

Banker time...

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:33 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

£20,000 ?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

Well that's the £10,000 settled in Noel's mind - he calls it "a brilliant round". The Banker says that she got bad advice but got away with it!

Banker's offer:

£20,000

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

"That's a pretty good wedding, isn't it?" She also wants money for her mum.

Mandy has a sum of money in mind, but doesn't mention what. She says she'd advise a No Deal from the wings. Jayden and Calvert both point to how good the board is for many other players.

The sweep is done as hands up for Deals. It's fairly even, more Dealers on the East Wing. The Banker rings up and thinks that the No Dealers are being influenced by Scott, who he describes as reckless! The Banker calls for an unusual tactic... and it'll come after the break!

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:36 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

Increase the offer I presume...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:37 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 27/8 Mandy

I'm not surprised there's so few hands up. A £5k increase from that round with 2 of the LOWEST blues was poor.

So what could the offer be now? £25 - £30k? Governor perhaps?

Fan of classic rock and metal

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]