Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:00 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:00 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:44 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Round 4

Noel says this could be a mega game.

11 - Claire - £20,000

5 - Delroy - £3,000

13 - Lee - £10,000

Banker time

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:45 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen

The banker talks about how the team is split over whether Helen will be cautious or whether she'll go for it. He says he guessed right and it's costing him a lot of cash, and this offer is the cattle prod!

Banker's offer:

£26,000

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:48 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen

Noel says the players who get the most out of the game don't just focus on the big values, and he points out that the smaller values are equally influential. Pauline talks about how much Helen could do with the money. The banker rings and asks to talk to Bethany, one of Helen's friends & family, and he reveals that Helen had told Bethany she'd deal if she got offered £26k.

Helen says

NO DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen

Noel calls a break...

We're back

Round 5

Noel talks about the information the banker had about Bethany.

15 - newbie Emma - £75,000

16 - Agnes - £50

8 - Sara - £35,000

Banker time

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen

Helen says the £250k is in her box. The banker says Helen the dark-horse has proved to be a real thoroughbred. He says to turn down the last offer took real guts under the circumstances.

Banker's offer:

£33,000

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen

Noel says Beth's honesty did Helen a massive favour. Damien says it's a phenomenal offer, and Patrick tells Helen to think about what she could do with the money and how she'd feel if she crashed to a blue win. Helen says it's not every day that you get this sort of money. James says this is a toss of the coin now because of the way the board's balanced. Helen talks about her box and says the number 17 doesn't mean anything to her, and she talks about box 19.

Helen says

DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen

Round 6 - proveout

9 - Stine - £50,000

20 - Patrick - £250,000 :D

18 - James - £1,000

Banker time with £1 and £100 remaining...

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen

The banker says "lucky cow". :P

Banker's offer would've been:

£33

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen

Noel opens Helen's box 17 and reveals £100

Box 19 with Aaron contains the £1

Helen says this is a dream come true!

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:01 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen

Managed to watch the rest of the game. What a great game, a long overdue OPW indeed. :D

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:25 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen

Tuned in from 8-box. Noticed how Noel was referring a lot to how people come into the show with a certain gameplan, then abandon it once they're in the chair - yes Noel, I imagine a lot of previous players who arrived with the "OHO" mentality can relate to that...

That aside, £26k was probably worth a gamble on that board: it seemed sort of stingy compared to the £23k Darren was offered on a much weaker 8-box, plus as we found out, you could actually afford to lose 2 of the biggies as long as one of them wasn't the £250k, and get your bravery rewarded with a good offer. £33k certainly was a good offer - the same as what Tegen was offered with the £20k there instead of an extra blue, if memory serves! Well played Helen.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:32 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen
Global Moderator

Sensible deal, great result! Don't think many can argue with that! Well done Helen! :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:18 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen

Well if I wasn't still banned I probably would have taken over seeing as no one was here who usually does it, apart from me when it started.

Good thing the £26,000 didn't work again... most times dealing when four of the power five still in play isn't a good idea...

Did think it would have been the £26,000 but with the four of the power five still being there I would have offered a bit more.

It seemed she did have a "Mariyam feeling" but good job that it went at 5 box.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen
International Forums Moderator

You can't argue with that. One large but not-that-generous offer rejected; one larger and far more generous offer accepted; spectacular proveout crash for an OPW.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:55 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen

Great game. Two decision for Helen that certainly weren't easy ones and for my mind, she probably made the right decisions twice and got the luck to go with it.

It's been an interesting 3 days of games - just £101.01 brought to the table and we could have had easily had them sold for over £100k (vagueness of figure intended to cover yesterday's game)

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:19 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen

Gripping game, great result.

I must admit i did worry that Helen had a touch of the red fever at 5 box, subsequently it was actually quite a relief to me when she dealt. Would have hated to see another Mariyam style crash

And that did indeed prove to be the right decision, Always great to see a decision vindicated so completely

sonicrules

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:42 am    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 29/06 Helen

Brick wrote:
Tuned in from 8-box. Noticed how Noel was referring a lot to how people come into the show with a certain gameplan, then abandon it once they're in the chair - yes Noel, I imagine a lot of previous players who arrived with the "OHO" mentality can relate to that...

That aside, £26k was probably worth a gamble on that board: it seemed sort of stingy compared to the £23k Darren was offered on a much weaker 8-box, plus as we found out, you could actually afford to lose 2 of the biggies as long as one of them wasn't the £250k, and get your bravery rewarded with a good offer. £33k certainly was a good offer - the same as what Tegen was offered with the £20k there instead of an extra blue, if memory serves! Well played Helen.

great post, was thinking the 26k should have been 35k to 40k really otherwise there's almost no chance of destroying the game, it was a very low offer! Well played Helen, great win!

Rich: I'm not really sure what's going on, but could you give me a clear signal when you've won us some booze! lmao

Fave contestants: Joey and Siobhan (tied), Charly

Rossano, Wrighty and Morris

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]