Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:25 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:25 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:51 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 26/06 Colin
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
That is a good offer says Colin. Noel says that the Banker is testing him now.

Colin says

DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 26/06 Colin

Round 6 - Proveout round

Noel really thought that Colin was going to play on then.

9 - £20,000 Dot

11 - £100 Dave

4 - £50 Dawn

Banker time with £5 and £1,000 remaining

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 26/06 Colin

Banker's offer would've been:

£300

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 26/06 Colin

Noel opens Colin's box 3 and reveals £1,000

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 26/06 Colin

Darren with box 19 contains the £5

Colin says that he will still be able to do some his dreams with the £3,000, and he is delighted with the win.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:54 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 26/06 Colin
Global Moderator

Not a bad decision by any means. And it paid nicely off too. I enjoyed that one! Well done Colin! :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:58 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 26/06 Colin

It was a good game with a nice deal, but still waiting for a Banker Spanking though.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:06 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 26/06 Colin

That £3,000 was a remarkably good offer for the board considering. I've seen hundreds offered on a £20k/not much else 5-box. Good to see it pay off and him get out with something decent.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:04 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 26/06 Colin

I hope poor Becky from Easter wasn't watching Noel's intro - her game was unluckier than Derek Brown's in terms of offers, yet it seems that Noel's forgotten about her already! :smt011

The boxes were marginally kinder to Colin than they were to Li Ping but still, that £3,000 was the only real decision all game - and as James pointed out, many players would be lucky to be offered 4 figures on that board. Glad he took it and was proved right to do so.

Colin seemed like the sort of player who was willing to take a risk (without blindly going to the end regardless) so it's a shame he didn't have more to work with in the game, but at least with that deal it goes to show how having a positive attitude during your game can reflect well on you.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/06 Colin
International Forums Moderator

Nice to see the Banker offer a get-out on those boards rather than offering £NO_DEAL and waiting for a possible £20k finish that Noel can use to help set the spin for the next game. The whole team at Bristol seem more confident in letting big games happen rather than trying to make them happen these days, which is really good to see.

Had to be taken, was taken, was deservedly rewarded with the £20k going first box.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 26/06 Colin

Only justification for no dealing nearly 75% of the average on a 1-box game would be bartering something like £7k minimum for keeping the £20k in play. Not sure that would have happened so no disgrace in the deal.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:48 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 26/06 Colin

Brick wrote:
I hope poor Becky from Easter wasn't watching Noel's intro - her game was unluckier than Derek Brown's in terms of offers, yet it seems that Noel's forgotten about her already! :smt011

Well Becky got a spanking out of her game, albeit the lowest ever at £750 so maybe that makes her less unlucky than Derek

Colin certainly didn't get a lot of luck, tough to come back from a game that peaks before it even reaches 11 box but at least he avoided the all blue finish which I suspect a lot of people wouldn't have done in his position

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:34 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 26/06 Colin

The bit at the end where Noel rushed into the audience to get a pilgrim to do the closing line felt just like old times with the phone-in competition... :lol:

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]