Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:26 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:26 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:56 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Mary

Warnings: 0
She was looking for that 1p but she could never find it as it was on the table all along. :smt009

Fan of classic rock and metal

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:26 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Mary

jamie9456 wrote:
Regards to Noel's comment, "have you ever seen somebody more happy to win 1p?" I do seem to remember an elderly player, Ray or something who really wanted the 1p after a terrible few rounds

More evidence of his appaling memory... who can forget Sally Kettle's reaction to winning it, akin to a Power 5 box win !

In fact there are loads, Sharron, Katie, Shaun... and of course Dirk ! And that's just off the top of my head.

holly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:42 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Mary

No way! Another amazing character that ends up in that club! :smt009

Sometimes, deal is so unfair :(

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:52 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Mary

94 members of the the Idiot Club now. Seriously, this is complete and utter B.S. No one should be happy to have won next to nothing. In fact, what they should feel is shameful and embarrassed, Would any of you want to go on national television and win a penny for your efforts? I think not.

People go on game shows to win decent sums of money, and not chump change. This is ludicrous, and it needs to stop. Also, no one should ever want to win 1p. That's just plain ridiculous, and anyone who thinks that way needs to have their head examined.

This post will be misinterpreted, which will no doubt result in me being demonized even further in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:57 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Mary

Well if one Mark avoids gets angry, you can almost guarantee the other one will!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:14 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Mary
Forum Games Moderator

1p(athetic) Image

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:57 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Mary

We Marks are a unique breed. We alternate our fits of anger. For instance, Mark's hindsight is 20 / 20, while I prefer to berate those who make asses of themselves on national television. You might even say that this is my version of the classic "OH DEAR" moment. The difference? A Mad Mark "OH DEAR" moment happens far less often than a Standard Mark "OH DEAR" moment, which is a near-daily occurrence.

Haters gonna hate, but what else is new? I expect nothing less from this group.

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:49 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Mary

So then Mark, what was that you said about Mary going to be a cautious dealer? Told you that you shouldnt judge a book... etc!!

Backstage tour No2 27 May 2013 - Quiz Prize
Creator of the "Scream Ending" (1p/£250k finish)

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:53 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Mary

She did look like she was going to be... but I was wrong!

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:04 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Mary

Skyline wrote:
1p(athetic) Image

That reminds me of when we had a lot of Wakeyists at the time, but that's another story. ;)

Jerry173

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:08 pm    Author: Jerry173    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Mary

jamie9456 wrote:
Are there any stats about how many times the QM has been revealed in a certain box and then that box has come to the table the next day? I keep seeing that happening, think 14 had the QM yesterday....

According to my (maybe not totally reliable) stats, this has happened 81 times - on a purely random basis, it would be expected about 88 times (once every 22 games) so the frequency is not significant. It has happened on 2 consecutive games several times, but never on 3 consecutive games. The previous time was in Neil's game (1928)

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:49 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Mary

Mad Mark wrote:
94 members of the the Idiot Club now. Seriously, this is complete and utter B.S. No one should be happy to have won next to nothing. In fact, what they should feel is shameful and embarrassed, Would any of you want to go on national television and win a penny for your efforts? I think not.

People go on game shows to win decent sums of money, and not chump change. This is ludicrous, and it needs to stop. Also, no one should ever want to win 1p. That's just plain ridiculous, and anyone who thinks that way needs to have their head examined.

This post will be misinterpreted, which will no doubt result in me being demonized even further in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

I think it's time for Image ;) ;)

Not much Mary did wrong today (including IMO the manner she played the game), you could say "There's Something about DOND Mary's".

Sorry

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:42 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Mary
Forum Games Moderator

My image is better. ;-)

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:56 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Mary

Mad Mark wrote:

Actually pissing myself laughing. No bad feelings from me, this piece is sublime !

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:13 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Mary

Well that was a lesson against going blindly to the end if ever there was one. Not that I consider Mary to have played recklessly, the offers were never really high enough for her to make a foolhardy decision, on the other hand the advice from the wings was to deal so maybe she should have listened.

Bit of a judgement call at the end of the day, but it was a game where caution would have won the day

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:19 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Mary

Glad I was able to brighten your day, psychokiller ;).

It seems my posts have been senselessly censored again, despite the fact that they never contain any swear words. I am a troll with a a sense of decency, you know. And yet, Big Brother seems to watch over my actions more than most. Should I be angry, or should I laugh in the face of this pettiness? I know "The Boss" despises me, and would no doubt delight in my downfall. But answer me this, my dear comrades - is freedom of speech not a right here? Sure, I might overstep some pre-established boundaries on occasion, but censoring non-threatening posts just reeks of 1984. How very Orwellian this place can sometimes be.

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]